Dreamcasting #11 - GHOSTBUSTERS (closes 4th November)

I'd try. . .but honestly, I just can't see recasting the Ghostbusters. Just like Indiana Jones.

Awesome, Bass.

Here's mine.

vince.jpg

Vince Vaughan as Dr. Peter Venkman

Vince Vaughan is great when it comes to the sarcastic, self-centered types which is everything Venkman. He fancies himself the ladies man and believes he is always right. I can see him pulling this one off almost as good as Bill Murray himself.

carell.jpg

Steve Carell as Dr. Raymond Stantz

Carell works for me as the married-to-his-job Ray Stantz. He's a different kind of actor than Dan Aykroyd, albeit a little better (sorry but Ghostbusters was the best Aykroyd ever did outside of the original Blues Brothers and The Great Outdoors). Take Carell from 40 Year Old Virgin, just give him a little more common sense and he's the man for this role.

mattstone.jpg

Matt Stone as Dr. Egon Spengler

I look at this as a breakaway role for Matt Stone. Though he's most well known for South Park, I enjoyed his work in Baseketballs and Orgazmo thoroughly... and Cannibal! The Musical to a certain extent (bush league crap but still entertaining). Lately he's lost the glasses and adopted a high-and-tight haircut, but I'm sure it wouldn't take him long to grow out the frizz-fro, which would give him the looks reminiscent of Harold Ramis from the original film. I don't think he would have much of a problem playing the guy with an enthusiasm for the science behind paranormal investigations/ghostbusting. The only stumbling block is the seemingly symbiotic relationship he's had for all these years with South Park co-creator Trey Parker. Not a big problem, I would think.

braugher.jpg

Andre Braugher as Winston Zeddmore

Braugher's had a similar career to Ernie Hudson's. Mostly a character actor in TV roles and bit parts in films. He would make an excellent straight man to the comedic hijinks of the "original 3" just like Ernie Hudson did. Took a little time to figure this one out, but I know he's capable.

BONUS CASTING

cate_blanchett.jpg

Cate Blanchett as Dana Barrett

She's got the dignified good looks like Sigourney Weaver. Though most accustomed to dramatic/serious roles, she has shown promise in comedies such as Bandits and her small role in Hot Fuzz. I think she'd make a great Gatekeeper... as for the Keymaster...

hoffman.jpg

Philip Seymour Hoffman as Louis Tully

I'm going all the way back to Boogie Nights for this one. I thought Hoffman was golden in that film, and though he's a bit more rotund than Rick Moranis, he still has that certain something that would make a great Louis Tully. As in Boogie Nights, he just wants to make friends and possibly be the center of attention if even for a few moments... think back to the party scene from the original Ghostbusters and that's all Louis Tully really wanted. So yeah, that's my Gozer to Cate Blanchett's Zuul.

I don't like Vince Vaughan.

But... I can't help but think he'd actually be a good Peter Venkman.

And Matt Stone could be really good. Especially if you make Trey Parker Vigo. :p

I'd try. . .but honestly, I just can't see recasting the Ghostbusters. Just like Indiana Jones.

This is one of those times where I honestly think Nathan Fillion is the best of all possible casting choices. He would make an amazing Indiana Jones.

Wow , I love Willverine 's cast all except Steve Carell as IMO the guy can't act he's the same in everything pretty much. But still great cast.

This is one of those times where I honestly think Nathan Fillion is the best of all possible casting choices. He would make an amazing Indiana Jones.
I can see why, but this is one of the few times I think Fillion is only ALMOST perfect for one of your suggestions.

Simply because I think no one can really outdo the artful mumble that Harrison Ford perfected is essential to the character. The mumbling is important!

I think Nathan Fillion is perfect for any role that screams "Hey, Bruce Boxleitner, David Hasselhoff and Casper Van Dien just died in a fiery helicopter crash. Let's call that Nathan Fillion guy!"

"Isn't David BORE-anaz available?"

"Nah, he died too."

"Damn."

I think Nathan Fillion is perfect for any role that screams "Hey, Bruce Boxleitner, David Hasselhoff and Casper Van Dien just died in a fiery helicopter crash. Let's call that Nathan Fillion guy!"

"Nah, he died too."

"Damn."
What's a Casper Van Diem?

A friendly ghost that knows Martial arts ....... oh no that's Casper van damme

Let's see this "Casper Van Damme" karate kick a damned bullet.

Seriously, if Casper Van Dien and Jean-Claude Van Damme ever had a child, I would kill it in the womb, because both of them suck.

And so does Nathan Fillion.

LOL

"This isn't a victory for me, it's a victory for Hollywood actors... and my balls."

Seriously, if Casper Van Dien and Jean-Claude Van Damme ever had a child, I would kill it in the womb, because both of them suck.
Best snuff film EVAR.

Willverine said:
Nathan Fillion does not suck. It's people who like Nathan Fillion who suck.

*gets banned from the site by all the mods at the same time*

Nathan Fillion does not suck. It's people who like Nathan Fillion who suck.

Nathan Fillion is kind of like Morgan Freeman. When producers want a seemingly wise, older black man, they go with Morgan Freeman. When producers want a generic-*** white guy with nothing remarkable about him to fill a role in a film that's going to suck, they go with Fillion.

Difference is, Morgan Freeman's black, and he's a good actor.

LOL!

Thanks folks, I'll be here all weekend. Try the prime rib. Tip your waiter.

When producers want a generic-*** white guy with nothing remarkable about him to fill a role in a film that's going to suck, they go with Fillion.
So that's like only three producers or something, given how many people actually use him.

In anything.

At all.

Please.

He's begging you.

Look at him he's crying, it's pathetic.

Go give Nathan a job.

Maybe even some soup.

And some clothes.

Or a shower.

Willverine said:
Morgan Freeman would take offense at being called black.

I'm not kidding.

Last edited:

"Nah, he died too."

"Damn."

LOL

"This isn't a victory for me, it's a victory for Hollywood actors... and my balls."

Nathan Fillion is kind of like Morgan Freeman. When producers want a seemingly wise, older black man, they go with Morgan Freeman. When producers want a generic-*** white guy with nothing remarkable about him to fill a role in a film that's going to suck, they go with Fillion.

LOL!

Thanks folks, I'll be here all weekend. Try the prime rib. Tip your waiter.

stfubtchdoyoukk5.jpg

Back