Dreamcasting #17 - Ultimate Fantastic Four

I have not looked at any other casts for the most part. I want to capture the UFF and not the mainstream verison. I wanted actors in their early 20's.

I am happy with this.

Reed.jpg

Reed Richards, Mr.Fantastic - Nick Stahl

The ubergeeky Reed Richards. Very young and looks horrible geeky while still having the handsome hero quality that captures Sue's attention.

Sue.jpg

Sue Storm, Invisible Woman - Kristen Bell

I'm sure Doom thought of this. This one was a given as soon as I started. Strong-willed and perhaps the real leader of the team.

Torch.jpg

Johnny Storm, The Human Torch - Justin Hartley

I really wanted Neil Patrick Harris, but he is too old for the part. So I opted with Green Arrow from Smallville. While I hate that show with a fiery passion, the one episode I seen of him as Queen was not bad at all. He has that cocky attitude down pat that Johnny needs.

Ben.jpg

Ben J. Grimm, The Thing - Jensen Ackles

I wanted someone would be more Ben Grimm than The Thing. Ackles can play the tough school friend of Reed. I'm not sure how to turn him into The Thing, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

DrStorm.png

Professor Franklin Storm - Nestor Carbonell

The original choice I had wasn't very good and it was kinda of late. I think this one is much better. Just make him look somewhat older.

Moleman-1.jpg

Dr. Arthur Molekevic - Kevin Smith

Danny and Black are great choices. But Smith can also do this. Again with movie makeup what it is, it wouldn't be a stretch to make Smith the hideous little goblin.

Doom1.jpg

Victor Von Doom (Van Damme), Dr. Doom - Tobias Menzies

The famous back-stabber if there ever was. Brutus from Rome has the european background and the acting ability to play Doom.

Namor1.jpg

Namor - Daniel Craig

I originally had Clive Owen, but that one sucke. So I went with Bond. He would could play the cocky Namor perfectly. He has the looks of the royal prince only to find out he is a criminal.

Last edited:
I'm not going to cast this because I think I already did in a previous thread.

TOG. Your Johnny Storm would be older than the rest of them. I don't think he works at all. Jensen Ackles would make a better Johnny than Ben.

I changed Johnny. Because as awesome as that is, he probaly still is too old.

And my Professor Storm sucked. This one is better.

and Doom.

Last edited:
Nestor Carbonell (not Richard Alpert, that's the character he plays on Lost) would make a neat Doom, I think.

In that case, it should be disqualified.

No it shouldn't :lol: when doing a comic movie the people making it always change some stuff. I picked older cast as I liked them for the roles and wanted to mix 616 and ultimate for it like they did with "ultimate avengers"

Also an older cast makes a distinction between the two films. so It was my choice to make. I would consider changing but the way I see it once you've posted the cast you shouldn't change it as it's been entered.

besides not like I'll win anyway :lol:

Even if Antonio Banderas would make an awesome Namor, especially if he plays up the arrogant part.

Glad we agree dude

Mole's cast is still qualified.....even if it is an abomination to God and all the actual project itself.

If we had wanted an older cast than we would've stated that you need to cast 616 F4.

But whatever....

Mole's cast is still qualified.....even if it is an abomination to God and all the actual project itself.

If we had wanted an older cast than we would've stated that you need to cast 616 F4.

But whatever....
It would be awesomely surreal if he won, though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean it's not like he's never won a round of dreamcasting before. :D

But whatever....

I will quit dreamcasting in protest.

Anyways......

Hey! as the host of this round aren't you supposed to be like unbiased ?:lol:

And while I cannot vote for the winner....I can still voice my opinion. So while I may dislike your cast Mole...it's still a valid entry eligible for votes.

There is opinion like "hey now I think his cast sucks" and then there is "If he wins I will quit dreamcasting in protest" :lol:

It's cool dude , I'm just yanking ya

Most of the oldies on this site already know what a big old bed wetting doody head of a Fantastic Four fan I am, so I've tried to approach this casting with the utmost amount of 'professionalism'.

I mean let's get this straight... I love a lot of the choices other people have made. I'd pay to see Antonio Banderas' Namor --- I just saw Evita recently, and he's pretty sexy at showing that he CAN'T sing --- or Kevin Smith's Mole Man or Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Doom (I originally had him for Reed).

But what I want is a cast whose tone is consistently serious in terms of drama, but still maintaining room for a wryly comic edge, while still being realistically possible as an ensemble. I've opted for actors with as much experience as possible, and an ensemble in which each performer matches each other in relative tone.

Here come... The Ultimate Fantastic Four!

[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-richards.jpg[/IMGL]Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic - The major difference between the characterization of Reed Richards and his Ultimate incarnation, is that the former is more the serious-minded professor long past the awkwardness of adolescence, while the latter is most definitely an obsessive nerd still troubled by angst. He's burdened by his own genius, constantly trying to live up to his own talents, while still possessing a charming sense of enthusiasm.

Anton Yelchin is my top top top choice to play Reed. Some of you might remember him as kidnap victim Zach Mazursky from Alpha Dog, or Byrd Huffstodt from Showtime's Huff. Yelchin will soon be seen taking on a likable and affable spin on'outsider'ness in Charlie Bartlett as a privileged young kid who's been kicked out of every private school in America. And if you still don't buy it, go watch the trailer for Charlie Bartlett and tell me the line "Actually it's an 'attache case'" doesn't clinch it.
[IMGl]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-grimm.jpg[/IMGl]Benjamin Grimm, The Thing - Where the original Thing was a street tough turned aeronautical hero with a blue-collar wiseacre sensibility, Ultimate Thing is the no-nonsense young man blessed with a remarkable amount of patience, and a willingness to go along with everyone.

Enter Benjamin McKenzie, best known for his role as downtown misfit turned fish out of water Ryan Atwood on FOX's The O.C.. Although the level of pugnaciousness and belligerence exhibited by the character has varied from season, one thing never changes --- his stoic tolerance toward adolescent melodrama and the eye-rolling patience he exhibits towards neurotic foster brother Seth Cohen.

These are the characteristics required to play an Ultimate Ben Grimm, which translate themselves to an ability to shrug one's shoulders at every wild ride and a refusal to whine about the absurdity of giant serpents and megalomaniacal space bats.

[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-stormsue.jpg[/IMGL]Susan Storm, The Invisible Girl - If Susan Storm-Richards is the nagging matriarch always asking for a normal life, then Ultimate Susan Storm is the sharp-tongued smart mouth who doesn't like being told to sit and stay. She wants to enjoy her superpowered adolescence while she can, especially if it means following her nerdy boyfriend into the next crazy world.

I can't think of anyone else who fits that description better than Evan Rachel Wood, the shrewdly manipulative young girl from Pretty Persuasion and as Michael Douglas' headstrong daughter from this year's King of California. What is more important than her ability to look good blonde and come across as intelligent, is her ability to smartmouth... and as Sue, that means threatening to use her powers to do nasty things to people in their sleep.

[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-stormjohnny.jpg[/IMGL]Jonathan Storm, The Human Torch - A young man with a flamboyant reputation, questionable fame and a burning desire to be a 'real' superhero like The Ultimates. That's Johnny Storm. Whether he's Ultimate or not, Johnny Storm's fame has always been rather dubious. While the rest of the four have accomplishments of their own to justify their celebrity, Johnny has none except the number of ladies he's slept with.

Here comes Aaron Carter, best known as the younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter. When he's not churning out pop flavor of the month albums, Carter can often be seen kayaking, surfing, motocrossing and just basically having a good time. In fact, the only 'real' thing on his resume is a movie fictionalization of his own life called Popstar and a forgettable movie about motocross called Supercross.

Regardless, I think tapping into this entire career of artifice and shallow fame is EXACTLY what would make Carter a perfect Johnny Storm.
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-vandamme.jpg[/IMGL]Victor Van Damme, Doctor Doom - This version of everyone's favorite metal-plated megalomaniac is not the descendant of oppressed gypsies, but an unfavored scion left by his father to rot in the custody of private schools. He is possessed of tremendous self-importance and likes to exploit mass numbers of people for his own ego.

After trolling through a number of Anglophonic European actors, I have decided that Gaspard Ulliel, from the surprise hit Brotherhood of the Wolf is the best choice to play the good doctor. Gaspard also appeared in such films as Paris J'etaime and A Very Long Engagement. But I'm betting that most people remember him as the creepily handsome 'young Anthony Hopkins' of last year's Hannibal Rising, which shows that he can do a maniac with refined manners.
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-molekevic.jpg[/IMGL]Arthur Molekevic, The Mole Man - Wanted: Male character actor to play super villain. Must be able to do delusional schizophrenic with power mad visions of destiny and self-actualization. Should also be willing to wear prosthetic warts, moles, pimples and other dermatological imperfections while talking to petri dishes full of fungal matter.

Application not necessary if your name is Brad Dourif, Academy-Award nominated performer of screen and stage and best known for roles such as Grima Wormtongue in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, the insane Dr. Gediman of Alien Resurrection and the heartbreakingly malfunctioned Billy Bibbit of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-rhona.jpg[/IMGL] Rhona Burchill, The Mad Thinker - "If it's mad to think the unthinkable, then I'm the Maddest Thinker you ever met" The cruelest of all geniuses, Rhona Burchill stole her own brother's neural tissue and then turned him into an android. She's all the precocious curiosity of a young prodigy, with the madness that comes from under appreciation and a lack of guidance.

Rather than cast a typical troubled teen from some random guest appearance on Smallville or what other ****ing teen drama is showing these days, I think Burchill would best be played by young up and comer Ellen Page, who most saw as Kitty Pryde in X-Men: The Last Stand.

But it's in the thriller Hard Candy where she really shows her mad skillz at dark portrayals of psychologically complex teenagers with a malevolent edge. The PERFECT Mad Thinker. Any other suggestions would be wrong.
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-namor.jpg[/IMGL]Namor, The Most Criminal of Atlanteans - This regal man of the seas wears his self-importance not out of any sense of nobility or princeliness, but because of his genetic superiority as an Atlantean. The most criminal of post-humans, he's convinced that he deserves what he can take by force, even if it is another man's girl.

If you've had the misfortune of watching The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, then you might remember Sung Kang as Han, the mentor to gaijin Lucas Black who wields his street cred with a benevolent swing. But if you've seen Better Luck Tomorrow, then you'll know him as one of the relentlessly bored honor students (also named Han) who go from schemers to downright lawbreakers.

In short, Kang has had experience playing 'model minorities' gone rogue, the perfect background to play Namor, a complete tool who represents his unique Atlantean heritage in the most disreputable way.
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-stormfranklin.jpg[/IMGL]Dr. Franklin Storm, Research Supervisor of The Baxter Building - Distracted by his children and the military-industrial complex's demands, Storm is the most impotent of the cast, constantly unable to stop anybody from doing anything --- whether it's Thaddeus Ross' appropriation of technology or his children's capacity for self-endangerment.

To play Franklin, I'd get Ted Levine, a 'HITG!' with chameleonesque range. He's played mayors, heroic astronauts and nameless doctors. In spite of this nondescript breadth, one thing in common among his characters has been their constant flustered-ness like in The Truth About Charlie, where he was a former military man turned con of little competence.

And in his most recognized role as Detective Stottlemeyer on TV's Monk, he plays a cop who often has to throw his arms up in frustration. Those qualities to me, define what is necessary to play Dr. Storm, and NOT the fact that he played a skin-wearing psychopath named Buffalo Bill in The Silence of the Lambs.
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-ross.jpg[/IMGL]General Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross, Military Liaison to the Baxter Building - Let's face it, General Ross as presented in Ultimate Fantastic Four is pretty much a cartoon character of a man. He's been blown to pieces and had his bodily fluids re-inserted into his corpse because he's too stupid to die. The only thing he cares about is what new super-toys he can deploy in the War on Terror, even if that means spending five billion dollars on sending apples to Guantanamo Bay.

So if you want the cartoon character of all military men, get R. Lee Ermey, whose immortal role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket has made certain that his resume will never be lacking in tough-talking, dignity-destroying, morale-shattering military roles to play. "Hands off my bodily fluids, you maggotty puke stain of a man!"
[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-stormmary.jpg[/IMGL]Mary Storm, Archaeologist Extraordinaire - A relentlessly dogged scientist with even less time for her children than she does for her own husband, Mary Storm is the super-scientist her husband would have been if he had balls. She's also a coyly manipulative one, determined to get her estranged family to do what she wants simply by dangling 'in the name of science' in front of them.

Jennifer Jason Leigh has squeezed in a lifetime's worth of critically acclaimed performances in the short span of 20 years. Let's enumerate everything needed to play Mart Storm. First, there's the emotionally desensitized sex worker from Last Exit to Brooklyn. Then there's the determined reporter from Hudsucker Proxy. But of unique help to this role would be her role as Allegra Geller, a sexy nerd of a VR game designer from David Cronenberg's eXistenZ.
Admit it, this cast is ****ing REAL, yo.

EDIT: Whoops, I was looking through my photobucket and realized I had a cast pic I forgot to write into this post. Here goes.

[IMGL]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/experimentego/07-lumpkin.jpg[/IMGL]Sergeant William Lumpkin, Baxter Building Security Chief - A man of few words, stoic demeanor and unwavering loyalty? Get Glenn Morshower, best known as Secret Service Agent Aaron Pierce from FOX's 24. Nuff said.

Last edited:
That's the best cast this one will probably have.

*Claps*
Thank yew.

If I can't do a Fantastic Four I'm proud of, I might as well quit the site, steal E's comics and then burn down his house.

Last edited:
I hate Ourchair, his cast is too good. I'm going to put mine up anyway and see if I get sympathy from a few of you.

Mr. Fantastic: Justin Bartha
5785_full.jpg

When casting Reed, you need someone who can play an ubergeek with a bit of paranoia to him. He's the leader but he's not really sure what he wants to do. He doesn't like fights but is constantly getting thrown into them. National Treasure's Justin Bartha is a geeky guy who always wants to stayy away from the fight. If he can tone down the sarcasm then he's Mr. Fantastic.

Invisible Woman: Kristen Bell
244.bell.kristen.091906.jpg

This was my first choice, and it's utterly perfect. I knew someone else would pick this but I don't care so I'm putting her down. Sue's smart and a bit temperamental. With the almost identical looks and her style of acting Kristen Bell is great for this.

Human Torch: Aaron Ashmore
18755316.jpg

Now Johnny might seem like a total idiot, but the Ultimate version of the character is complex in the way that he's still stuck in the shadow of his genius family. Now when I want someone to play Johnny I want someone who actually looks like Sue. I went for Shawn Ashmore of X-Men but I thought that him playing two Marvel super heroes would be overkill. Then I realized he had a twin. This is the one that plays Jimmy Olsen on Smallville. While the show is bad and the fact that Jimmy Olsen is on it is absurb Ashmore does a great job of playing up the goofiness of the character. If he can channel that sarcastic pretty boy attitude then he's a solid Johnny.

The Thing: Sean William Scott
250404.jpg

Alright, when you get Ben Grimm you get a big dumb guy with a really golden heart. The thing about Ultimate Ben is that after his transformation he doesn't learn to accept it but becomes suicidal. Aside from that he's probably the funniest character in the whole movie. I picked Sean William Scott not just because Ben Grimm reminded me of him before he got transformed but I would love to see him take something on that's serious. I also think SWS is one of the funniest comedians in the movies right now, I like my Ben Grimm.

Franklin Storm: Albert Brooks
F_web_color.article_3.jpg

For the paranoid dotting father of Sue and Johnny I picked Albert Brooks. You might recognize him as the father from Finding Nemo who couldn't stop caring about his kid. Make him a non-fish and that's Franklin Storm.

Dr. Doom: Jonathan Rhys Meyers
070329_tudors_vmed_11a.widec.jpg

Doom's a prick, plain and simple. when casting someone for Victor Van Damme I want someone who can play up the regalness of the dictator but also show how much of a spoiled little brat he is. Jonathan Rhys Meyers has always been a favorite of mine and I think it fits that he played Henry the VIII. Plus look at the picture I put up and tell me that's not Doom.

Arthur Molkevic: Timothy Spall
spall-crop.jpg

Molkevic isn't a nice guy, I mean he turned his sister into a fish for Pete's sake. If you watch Spall in the Harry Potter movies as Peter Petigrew then you can see how he's a evil guy who thinks he's a victim. Plus the guy just looks like a mole.

Namor: Daniel Dae Kim
jin.jpg

Namor's not a king in the Ultimate Universe, he's a thug. To play up this aspect of the egotistical and elitist Namor I want an actor who can play the toughness needed and have the good looks. Kim was great on Lost, I think he can pull off being the most powerful criminal on the planet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back