Dreamcasting 2009, Round 5: Suicide Squad

DisorderInTheHouse

This round is moderated by DisorderInTheHouse, winner of the last round which was "Green Lantern".

These are the rules of Dreamcasting 2009, they may not be broken, altered or changed in any way shape or form. Seriously:

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the next round, and is free to choose any property to be cast, whether it is based from comics, videogames, books, cartoons or real world figures.

2) When the moderator chooses a property, he or she may specify a medium (TV, film, cartoon) and a cast of at least 4 characters and a maximum of 9. Should he or she fail to specify a medium, then it is open game what medium participants want to play with.

3) Actors may not reprise their parts at all. Those who have played a character on film or TV may not play the character on voice and vice versa. Simply put, Kevin Conroy cannot put on a Batsuit and Christian Bale is not allowed to voices in your fantasy Batman CG adventure.

4) If you would like to cast an additional character, you must swap one out for another. However, the moderator has the option of leaving blank spots deliberately, with a maximum of 9. For example, he or she may declare, "Fantastic Four, and at least two bad guys and a Fantastic Friend (i.e. She-Hulk, Power Man)

5) Each round lasts ten days from the point the moderator posts it, and voting lasts for at least a day and any time past that needed to secure a victory.

6) And a final reminder: This is Dreamcasting, not DreamMovie. There are no story pitches. You can describe the character, talk about the kind of arc perhaps he goes through or what nuance he brings to the character or what kind of incarnation he's playing, but you can't write a freaking trilogy. No exceptions. Emphasize casting decisions and why you chose an actor.

SUICIDE SQUAD
The Movie

suicide20squad.jpg

You MUST cast:

Amanda Waller
Rick Flagg Jr.
Bronze Tiger
Vixen
Deadshot
Captain Boomerang
Nightshade
Count Vertigo

You may also cast 1 additional character.

This Round Will End In Ten Days

Quick question. Can I replace Nightshade with another character and one additional? I mean I don't see a character like Nightshade working in this setting. If not I'll change it back for you.

Last edited:
Suicide Squad

Amanda Waller: S. Epatha Merkerson
amanda+waller2.jpg

s-epatha-merkerson-3.jpg

Rick Flag Junior: Mark Wahlberg
suicide%20squad%20rick%20flag.jpg

mark-wahlberg.jpg

Bronze Tiger: Djimon Hounsou
224820-20722-bronze-tiger_large.jpg

20070221-Djimon%20Hounsou.jpg

Vixen: Zoe Saldana
0000dr2d

zoe-saldana-picture-1.jpg

Deadshot: Timothy Olyphant
Deadshot.jpg

deadwood.jpg

Last edited:
Captain Boomerang: Kick Gurry
CaptainBoomerang.jpg

speedracerprem37.jpg

Count Vertigo: Wentworth Miller
97840-45763-count-vertigo_large.jpg

wentworth_miller_people.jpg

Plastique: Clémence Poésy
511478-0000_large.jpg

clemence-poesy-pr.jpg

Clock King: Guy Pearce
341514-106158-clock-king_large.jpg

guy_pearce_7.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question. Can I replace Nightshade with another character and one additional? I mean I don't see a character like Nightshade working in this setting. If not I'll change it back for you.
No problem for me. Love your Bronze Tiger and Deadshot choices by the way.

Since no one seems particularly interested in this round, I might as well post my cast. You can't vote for it, though.

Amanda Waller - Patricia Belcher

4691d036d6006.jpg

Rick Flagg Jr. - Cole Hauser

kvillehauser24.jpg

Bronze Tiger - Michael Jai White

jaiwhite.jpg

Vixen - Naomie Harris

naomieharris.jpg

Deadshot - Josh Brolin

20090115brolin250x375.jpg

Captain Boomerang - David Thewlis

omenhires6.jpg

Nightshade - Olivia Wilde

temporadaseason5oliviaw.jpg

Count Vertigo - Paul Bettnay

paulbettany.jpg

Last edited:
So really no one else is going to do this? This is why we need Doom and Ourchair back so we can get this stuff going properly.

(Great cast Disorder)

So tomorrow is the last day for casts if anyone wants to do one last minute, otherwise bluebeast wins by default.

Latest posts

Back