Angel, Warren Worthington III – Hunter Parish

percy_jackson05.jpg

Iceman, Bobby Drake – Logan Lerman

3403259571_b798a941f2.jpg

Professor Charles Xavier - Laurence Fishburne

JeremyIronsAU.jpg

Magneto, Erik Lensherr - Jeremy Irons

Last edited:
I am loving the thought of Fishburne as Xavier. His type of personality is like perfect to play Charles. Superb.

Lots of great castings from people. :)

Professor X – Sam Neill –Patrick Stewart IMO IS Charles Xavier , How ever like last time I picked Sam Neill , I imagine him playing Charles Xavier really well , Different to Patrick Stewart's one but still a strong figure head for the X-men to follow. He also seems better suited for my reboot as Stewart = bold while Neill = more of a farther figure.

Eric Lensherr – Liam Neeson – When casting Magneto I started to look at people to play villains like Christopher Lee to Mads Mikkelsen but I thought too evil , too slimy , Not commanding enough. Then it hit me. Look for more of a hero. Then it hit me. Liam Neeson all the things that made him work as Schindler work for Magneto. After all to Magneto we are like Nazis. Plus his commanding darker tones helps sell Magneto.

In this I wanted to work with the idea we heard of him been with X-men then becoming Magneto so I wanted more focus on Eric Lensherr that Magneto till the end. I can picture Sam Neill and Liam Neeson arguing with other on the different sides and I can picture it been great.

Honestly, aside from these 2 choices...I cannot buy into your cast. Most of it due to lack of recognition. Not that you need a big names for an ensemble cast---but I partly blame my bias on trying not to cast from these cookie-cutter teens you see on the CW shows like Gossip Girl or 90201. Call me close-minded but I just think there is no way these shows can actually be good. Anything I do see of these shows is from The Soup....and if a clip of your show is being shown on The Soup, then you deserve to not be on TV.

But your choice of "elders" is great. I tossed around the idea of Liam Neeson for both Xavier and Eric before settling on someone else.

Zombi's entire cast

I hate you so much right now.

This of course is all pending the pitch.

X-Men : First Class​

Professor X - David Strathairn

It's hard to replace Stewart, but Strathairn is just too talented to pass up. Shave his head and we've got a great Xavier, maybe just a little harder than Stewart's portrayal.

Magneto - Jeremy Irons

It might be an obvious choice, but it's definitely a good one. Irons is a go to go for villains and Magneto should be no problem for him.

Ugh. Your casts are always superb.

I'm imagining a younger cast for this kinda story/film.....but I would still greenlight an X-Men film with your cast.

Jeremy Irons is brilliant and I hate you for casting him before I could even imagine it. Couple that with your great choice for Xavier and you have 2 dramatic powerhouses battling for screen supremacy!

CyclopsSean Faris – This dude is always on the cusp of being a big star. He's always one project away from really making a splash. And I think this perfectly mirrors young Scott Summers. Early on, despite his potential…he was always just a few steps away from becoming the great leader that we all see he is today. Faris is definitely up for the physical aspect that comes with bringing our beloved mutant hero to life and it's not like he's this film newbie who can't hold his own on the big screen. Whether it's showing a family-friendly side in Yours, Mine and Ours or a more dramatic role like Forever Strong or your obligatory teen remake of the Karate Kid in Never Back Down…Sean Faris never disappoints even if the movie itself does.

Jean GreyEmmy Rossum—I like her. I really do. She's gorgeous but still low-key. A great alternative to someone like Anne Hathway. Other than a few stand-out roles, her career has mirrored Faris'. I liked her standard "damsel in distress" role in Day After Tomorrow and Poseidon along with the fact that she was pretty good in the lead role of Phantom of the Opera. I'd like to see her take a more daring, upfront role and think that portraying the future cosmic entity that is Jean grey would be a great breakthrough role for her.

IcemanAnton Yelchin—To be honest, right now he's probably one of the biggest names I have for my cast. Take a little Charlie Bartlett innocence…add a touch of Kyle Reese bravery…and throw in some Chekov anxiousness---and VOILA! Young Bobby Drake screaming "ICEBEAM!"

You brilliant bastard! :p

Magneto: Viggo Mortensen
viggo_mortensen.jpg

Erik Lensherr is the most conflicted character in the X-mythos so he needs to be portrayed as someone who believes in Xavier's dream, but not in the methods. Viggo Mortensen plays characters stuck between worlds very well. I can see him forming the X-Men with Xavier, having quiet moments with the students, and in the final moments of the film, tearfully leave Xavier's side as he rams a metal rod through his spine. I thought of Viggo Mortensen for this part especially and could never get him out of my mind afterwards.

Jean Grey: Danielle Panabaker
danielle_panabaker.jpg

I don't want the shy, insane version of Jean Grey we've seen in past incarnations. If anything I'd want Mark Millar's version of the character in Ultimate X-Men. She's cocky, sure of herself and shoots dirty jokes into the minds of the other X-Men when Xavier or Magneto's talking. Its Jean's outgoing attitude and sure belief in her self that convinces Cyclops to take his role as true leader of the X-Men. Daniel Panabaker hasn't been in too many major films but in the ones I've seen her in, Sky High and Friday the 13th, she's the character that has the most compassion and intelligence amongst the less mature characters around her. And she's a smoking redhead.

Hank McCoy: Jesse Plemons
pushy_jesseplemons.jpg

Beast isn't blue in furry in the beginning of this one, perhaps he changes halfway through. He's the Midwest farm boy with the brain of a computer and the body of an ape. He's elated to be in the X-Men and not having to hide his athletic ability or intelligence. In Friday Night Lights Plemons plays the more sensitive nerdy character. This could be the role that puts past television into the big-time. Plus he kind of has an ape-like look to him if you think about it.

I definitely approve of Viggo as Magneto especially because early on, Magneto isn't evil. He's a compassionate and trusted friend who goes to an extreme act because of an extreme disagreement with Charles. Viggo has that "heartbroken but rock-solid resolve" look down pact.

I don't know why, but I am a fan of Danielle Panabaker. I've never actually seen her in anything I didn't like.

I always approve of any Friday Night Lights casting. Always.

Suffice to say, it will be a period piece set in 1967.

Charles Xavier - Jeffrey Wright
jeffreywright_506x316.jpg

Brilliant idea to make it a period piece.

But I do not believe in changing a character's race. :neutral:

percy_jackson05.jpg

Iceman, Bobby Drake – Logan Lerman

3403259571_b798a941f2.jpg

Professor Charles Xavier - Laurence Fishburne

The perfect choice for Bobby.

EVEN BETTER XAVIER!!!!! (Suck it Zombi!) :p

I knew that when I started this round, the best casting choices would be for Charles and Eric.

Yeah there would be some good choices for the students, but the lynchpins of the film would be the 2 teachers/rivals.

Ok, round is over. Time to vote!

Your choices are...

CAST
SSJmole
DisorderInTheHouse
Victor Von Doom
bluebeast
Zombipanda
Dr.Strangefate

PITCH
Zombipanda

Voting ends in 2 days. I wonder who will win pitch? :wink:

Last edited:
Ok, round is over. Time to vote!

Your choices are...

CAST
SSJmole
DisorderInTheHouse
Victor Von Doom
bluebeast
Zombipanda
Dr.Strangefate

PITCH
Zombipanda

Voting ends in 2 days. I wonder who will win pitch? :wink:

Mother****ers........

I don't want to win by technicality. My **** was so good, it should win going up against a dozen other entries.

Well it's 10:35am here.....I'll be announcing the winner at 10:30am EST.

I got enough votes to make a clear winner now....but I need more votes people. You know...as a show of interest from you people.

It's sad when not even the people who submitted an entry don't bother to vote.

I pm'd my vote for cast. But it's taken me till now to decide on pitch. So I wrote the names of pitch on pieces of paper and pull a name out at random. The name was Zombipanda so I vote for his pitch.

Well it's 10:35am here.....I'll be announcing the winner at 10:30am EST.

Ok....so I'm bored and slightly impatient. So your winners are:

CAST
DisorderIntheHouse

PITCH
Zombipanda

As cast winner, Disorder gets to host the next round with his choice of property from the Dreamcasting Property Pool. As round moderator you must pick from the pool and post the rules (found in my first post in this thread) in the beginning of your round.

As pitch winner, Zombi gets to add a property to the pool.

Latest posts

Back