Dreamcasting Adaptations #17: I Never Drink...Wine

DARKKNIGHT

Rules

1. The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2. Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3. After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4. The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round

I think I will continue in the tradition of the last round and do another literary classic...

Dracula

Cast:

Count Dracula: A centuries-old vampire and Transylvanian nobleman, Count Dracula inhabits a crumbling castle in the Carpathian Mountains. Beneath a veneer of aristocratic charm, the count possesses a dark and evil soul.

Van Helsing: A Dutch professor, described by his former pupil Dr. Seward as "a philosopher and metaphysician, and one of the most advanced scientists of his day." Called upon to cure the ailing Lucy Westenra, Van Helsing's contributions are essential in the fight against Dracula.

Jonathan Harker: A solicitor, or lawyer, whose firm sends him to Transylvania to conclude a real estate transaction with Dracula. Young and naïve, Harker quickly finds himself a prisoner in the castle and barely escapes with his life.

Mina Murray: Jonathan Harker's fiancée. Mina is a practical young woman who works as a schoolmistress. Mina is in many ways the heroine of the novel, embodying purity, innocence, and Christian faith—virtues she maintains despite her suffering at the vampire's hands.

Lucy Westenra: Mina's best friend and an attractive, vivacious young woman. The first character in the novel to fall under Dracula's spell, Lucy becomes a vampire, which compromises her much-praised chastity and virtue, and banishes her soul from the promise of eternal rest.

John Seward: A talented young doctor, formerly Van Helsing's pupil. Seward is the administrator of an insane asylum not far from Dracula's English home. Throughout the novel, Seward conducts ambitious interviews with one of his patients, Renfield, in order to understand better the nature of life-consuming psychosis.

Arthur Holmwood: Lucy's fiancé and a friend of her other suitors. Arthur is the son of Lord Godalming and inherits that title upon his father's death.

Renfield: A patient at Seward's mental asylum. Variously a strong behemoth and a refined gentleman, Renfield indulges a habit of consuming living creatures which he believes provide him with strength, vitality, and life force.

And

Quincey Morris: A plainspoken American from Texas, and another of Lucy's suitors. Quincey ultimately sacrifices his life in order to rid the world of Dracula's influence.

Or

Dracula's Brides: Three female vampires that inhabit Dracula's castle. They don't play a major role in the story. All you need to know is that they are hot, and two are brunette, while one is blonde. Since they always act in unison they count as one cast.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/dracula/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula

Go...

This is a very rough, ****ty cast, and I'm not even sure if, well....I dunno, I'm just not satisfied with it.

Vlad III Dracula - Predrag Bjelac
Although I like my Bowie choice, I want to play with the Impaler aspects of Count Dracula (even though the connection between Dracula and Vlad the Impaler were purely a Coppola invention). Therefore, I've cast Serb actor Predrag Bjelac in the role. Bjelac can be seen as Igor Karkaroff in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
predrag.jpg

Sultan Mehmed II - Marcel Iureş
Romanian actor Marcel Iureş will be playing the Sultan, Vlad the Impaler's mortal enemy. Marcel played Capitaine Chevalle in The Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End.
marceliuresssm.jpg

Prof. Abraham van Helsing - Stellan Skarsgård
This Swedish actor is probably best known to American audiences for his roles in Good Will Hunting and the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
stellan.jpg

Jonathan Harker - Jonny Lee Miller
AKA Sick Boy from Trainspotting. He's actually English.
cdbda815.jpg

Mina Murray - Kerry Condon
kerry.jpg

Lucy Westenra - ????

John Seward - Colin Firth
firth_colin.jpg

Dracula

Cast:

Count Dracula: Alan Rickman – There a quality to him that can be both charming at times but his dark side is the one that really shines even when he is been charming he seems cut-off and almost anti social , I think this is a great choice for Dracula himself.

Van Helsing: Sean Connery – He might not be dutch but neither is Anthony Hopkins. Really Van Helsing is the hero of the story but he needs to be someone a little mysterious , Sean Connery is exactly the man for the job here.

Jonathan Harker: Richard Ruccolo – He always plays the nice , gullible guy. I think that's what is needed for this part. Plus he is not a huge name for this part which is needed so can buy him as the character.

Mina Murray: Amy Adams – I like this actress and think she could handle the part well. She played similar characters in the past which is good to know and helps to prove her capable

Lucy Westenra: Holly Marie Combs – an actress who played a good character for years , She has also played hypnotised , evil and other such roles that gives her the range to make this part work and work well.

John Seward: Matthew Macfadyen – I was really looking for an actor who can show intelligence for this role. I looked at a few actors before deciding Matthew Macfadyen is the man for this. He has a charm and intelligence that makes him a fgood fit for the role

Arthur Holmwood: Dylan Neal – Dylan Neal can play a stuck up character or a kind sensitive character , I felt a combination of the two was what was needed for Arthur , plus he is never used in dreamcasting and I thought Why not.

Renfield: Sean Bean – He has played a old gentlemen type before now. And I have seen him when he plays a dark character. This is a good choice I think.

Dracula's Brides: Eryn Ashwyn, Eva Simon , Joy Behrman. Not much acting required just need to seduce so I picked 3 playboy girls.

Well, guess this is it:

DRACULA

Count Dracula - Gabriel Byrne
GabrielByrne0.jpg

Prof. Abraham van Helsing - Stellan Skarsgård
StellanSkarsgard.jpg

Mina Murray - Zuleikha Robinson
Zuleikha_Robinson_5.jpg

Jonathan Harker - James McAvoy
James_McAvoy.jpg

Lucy Westenra - Billie Piper
billie.jpg

Dr. John Seward - Ian Hart
0000036501_20061215144236.jpg

Renfield - Michael Emerson
normal_michaelemersonvu1a0.jpg

Last edited:
So what people think of my cast? I think it's good but I know usually when I think that on this i'm wrong

No he doesn't

How many times do people need to be told, THIS IS AN ALL AGES SITE.

That is an all age picture , I looked for one with her with a top on , it's just a picture with a bit of *** showing dude nothing adult.

Awesome. I was just thinking about Dracula the other day. I'm most likely going to end up setting mine in a different time period/setting.

Latest posts

Back