Dreamcasting Adaptations #18: I Heard You Were Dead!

I see.

I'll probably go rent this tonight and work a cast. The hard part is finding the right pics. I might have to do this one pic-less.

So last night I rented the movie and in the process of watching it I came up with 2 different casts.

Mainly because I came up with 2 different versions/takes on how I would do the remake. A serious-toned remake...and a lighter, more comedical take to capitalize on the cheesyness of John Carpenter films. Still action oriented...only with wittier dialogue.

I'm still looking for pics. If I don't find any by tomorrow night, I'll just post both pic-less.

Ok....

"Escape From New York"
The Serious Remake​

Snake - Thomas Jane - You take his bad-*** Punisher...throw an eyepatch on him...and you have your perfect hardcore Snake.

Robert Hauk - Ed Harris - Taking a more prevalent role in this version, you'd have Hauk being a bit more hardcore. And for that I want the US Marine Gen. Ed Harris from The Rock.

President - Robert Vaughn - I just love his dignified voice. He'd be perfect for the proud but sniveling Prez.

Cabbie - Bruce Campbell - A loud-talking, scene chewing Campbell playing against the stoic Jane would make for some great scenes. Plus it's Bruce Campbell. I win.

Brain - Billy Bob Thorton - Billy Bob would be perfect to play Snake's old buddy who's only looking out for himself. Billy Bob's played this before in Bad Santa and Bad News Bears. I could see this.

Maggie - Famke Janssen - How do you replace Adrienne Barbeau and her old magnificent breasts? By having Famke Janssen prominently display her old magnificent breasts. Famke has the perfect look and attitude to play the fiesty, downtroddened and time-weary Maggie.

Duke - Laurence Fishburne - A perfect choice to replace Isaac Hayes. You want the baddest man in NY? I give you the one of the baddest. Plus I'd like to see someone with enough presence and physicality to go against Jane's intensity.

"Escape From New York"
The Light-hearted, More Talkative Remake

Snake - Nathan Fillion - Fillion channeling a tougher yet still charing Mal Reynolds. With an eyepatch!

Robert Hauk - Ed Harris - Same reasoning as above.

President - William Devane - With this lighter version, the President should be drastically different than the rest of the cast. While you have Vaughn playing the sniveling yes-man....you'd have Devane being hard-assed and looking down his nose at the Duke. Devane has the grittiness about him that'd be perfect.

Cabbie - Bruce Campbell - Bruce Campbell cracking quips back and forth with Fillion. I win.

Brain - Johnny Knoxville- Playing the neurotic plotter would be the comedic Knoxville.

Maggie - Famke Janssen - Same as above.

Duke - Vince Vaughn - I imagine Vaughn playing the pimp-talking gangsta he was in Be Cool. But with Vaughn being noticbly taller than the rest of the cast, this'll help sell his intimidation factor.

Sadly, since this entry is so big, no pics. Look up the pics yourselves. Feel free to vote for either cast or the both as one full entry.

Doom - Great casts Doom. I think your serious cast is the better of the two. But still good job.

Baxter - Really love this cast. I think this will be the one to get my vote as it pretty damn cool

Langsta - Cool cast, The only choice I don't like is James Purefoy as Snake but that might just be because I don't really like the actor.

This was a cool Round, Shame more people didn't do this one as it was a pretty damn cool choice.

and i'm pming my vote

Langsta - Cool cast, The only choice I don't like is James Purefoy as Snake but that might just be because I don't really like the actor.

Thanks, I liked your choice for Snake.

I originally had Christian Bale as Snake because Bale is my first choice to play Solid Snake in a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Last edited:
I originally had Christian Bale as Snake because Bale is my first choice to play Solid Snake in a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Cool, That would be cool choice. I admit my Hugh Jackman choice was because of what I mentioned in description but also I think he kind of looks like the younger Kurt Russell when he played Snake.

Awesome. I should do these more often. I'm two for three.

But what to do next...

Whatever you fancy!!!!

For a while I was toying with an Army of Darkness remake. But now I think it might be too cheesy to do and I couldn't really think of anyone to pull off the lead.

I know a couple people been mentioning a Shadow remake.

Or maybe that Full House remake everyone's been dying for. :lol:

Whatever you fancy!!!!

For a while I was toying with an Army of Darkness remake. But now I think it might be too cheesy to do and I couldn't really think of anyone to pull off the lead.

I know a couple people been mentioning a Shadow remake.

Or maybe that Full House remake everyone's been dying for. :lol:

Expect a new round soon. Pictures for two cast members are proving difficult to find.

Latest posts

Back