Dreamcasting Adaptations #26: Something, Something, Something Dark Side

Langsta

After the awesome turn-out of last round, I've decided to....just do an Empire Dreamcasting. Sorry if you'd have liked to have done the Thrawn trilogy or something (DreamMovie allows for more freedom like that; I'm not very familiar with the Star Wars expanded universe).

As to why I've chosen Empire instead of New Hope....Empire is the best Star Wars IMO.

So, um....
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
a/k/a Splinter of the Mind's Eye

Rules

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner has the option of declaring whether this property is to be an animated film, a TV series or a live-action feature. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After ten days, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_strikes_back

You must cast:

Luke Skywalker

Leia Organa

Han Solo

Darth Vader

Lando Calrissian

Yoda

Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

Boba Fett

Optional:

Chewbacca

Jabba the Hutt

R2-D2

C-3PO

Emperor Palpatine

Wedge Antilles

Please don't hate me, and may the Force have mercy on your soul.

Round ends in two weeks.

Last edited:

Luke Skywalker – Sean Astin – I think this actor is the right amount of naive with innocence But also capable of been tough when needed like Luke. Also Empire strikes back Luke spends a lot of it in a swamp talking to a puppet. You need an actor who can take that puppet and make you believe that it is real.

Leia Organa – Holly Marie Combs – I needed a strong actresses but also someone who could pass as my Luke's twin and be able to interact with my Han solo and it be good. I had considered a few actresses but this was the one that best matched all my criteria.

Han Solo – Nathan Fillion – I know this may be an obvious choice but thinking about it take Mal from firefly and you pretty much have han solo. I looked at other choices as I didn't want to do a Nathan Fillion choice but no one was as perfect.

Darth Vader – Voice – Michael Clarke Duncan – The voice needs to be a deep voice in order for it to work, Problem is that It won't be as good as the original but it's different enough to stand on it's own and could be good.

In costume – Ken Kirzinger – In the suit he needs to be tall and good at reacting in body. I picked a guy who played Jason Voorhees for this exact reason.

Unmasked – Cliff Robertson – He may not be seen from the face in Empire but it is still needed to be seen. He needs to be an old guy who you can feel sorry for. When you do see his face in sequel you need to forgive him for been the ultimate evil. For that Cliff Robertson is my choice.

Lando Calrissian – Cuba Gooding Jr. – Lando was a rouge but a lovable one. You need a serious , Black , loveable actor. The Cuba Gooding Jr. is that man. He is great actor so you won't see the betrayal coming but he's just right.

Yoda – Steve Whitmire – Yoda in my opinion needs to be a puppet. In order for it to work you need a guy who is great at voicing them. Since Frank Oz is no go playing yoda before and all I picked the guy currently doing the voice of Kermit the frog and other puppets.

Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi – Ian McKellen – You need an old guy who can be a great mentor as well as have that fantasy quality to him. Ian McKellen is just that and for that he is a great choice for Obi

Boba Fett – Peter Serafinowicz – You never see Boba's face so what he looks like is irrelevant. What is needed is his voice. Peter Serafinowicz voiced Darth Maul as well as other characters in other things. For that he is my Boba..

Mole did you really just cast three people as Darth Vader?

Yes I did as in the original unedited trilogy Vader was played by James Earl Jones for voice , David Prowse in suit and Sebastian Shaw for his face at the end of ROTJ and his ghost.

So original had 3 actors doing what I did and I figure why not keep that as it takes something from all 3 and makes a great vader

Yes I did as in the original unedited trilogy Vader was played by James Earl Jones for voice , David Prowse in suit and Sebastian Shaw for his face at the end of ROTJ and his ghost.

So original had 3 actors doing what I did and I figure why not keep that as it takes something from all 3 and makes a great vader

Whatever works it just seems unnecessary. I mean Michael Clark Duncan's big enough on his own to play Vader in the suit. Might I add that I liked your other choices.

Last edited:
Whatever works it just seems unnecessary. I mean Michael Clark Duncan's big enough on his own to play Vader in the suit. Might I add that I liked your other choices.

Thanks dude.

Vader wise. Michael Clarke Duncan is big enough to play Vader but you need at least one old white guy for unmasked, that brings in my Cliff Robertson choice. Voice wise Michael Clarke Duncan is great. In suit wise he needs to act with no facial expressions just movement plus Michael Clarke Duncan is too muscley

now Ken Kirzinger is muscley too but not as muscley plus acting as Jason he has experience in the acting with no facial expressions and just movement. That's why I picked 3 like original as it works the best. You can't really afford to **** up vader so he had to be perfect

Casting Star Wars seems pretty boring when we've already done it in another version before.

I'm pretty sure this and the comic one are being merged together so it doesn't really matter who wins.

I'm pretty sure this and the comic one are being merged together so it doesn't really matter who wins.

YOU SON OF A *****! YOU STOLE MY VICTORY. I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS! :lol::lol:

I'm just coming in here to say that this thread is done. I'm sorry to Mole who entered and would probably have won by default, but it's easier and probably better just to have one game going at one time.

However, I'll leave this thread open if anyone else wants to cast Star Wars, though there doesn't seem to be much interest.

Latest posts

Back