Dreamcasting: Adaptations #8 - The A-Team!

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
THE A-TEAM​

I Am The Law:

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3) After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

General Idea:
Hollywood is at it again, recycling an old tv show, making a crappy modern day movie version, but now that you're in control, so its gonna be awesome

You can choose whether this takes place in the 80's or present day:

1980's
Ten years ago / In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Six years ago / In 2002, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

The Cast:
You can casting any characters you want for supporting and for villains, but you must cast these characters:

George_Peppard_hannibal_2.jpg

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith - The leader of the A-Team, he is a brilliant tactician and a master of disguise. Hannibal is distinguished by his cigar smoking, black gloves, disguises, and his catch phrase, "I love it when a plan comes together." He seems to genuinely enjoy every situation they get into. He also works as an actor, playing monsters in low-budget horror movies.

dirk_benedict_faceman.jpg

Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck - Suave, smooth-talking, and hugely successful with women, he serves as the team's con man and scrounger, able to get his hands on just about anything they need. Effectively second in command behind Hannibal (although technically Murdock outranks him), he is the one who arranges for supplies, equipment, and sensitive information using numerous scams and hustles.

a-team-ba.jpg

Sgt. Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus - A highly-skilled mechanic and the A-Team's regular Mr. Fix-It, his character is basically that of the public persona of Mr. T himself. He is a skilled fighter and is easily roused to anger, earning him the nickname "Bad Attitude". Despite his reputed attitude, he is a nice guy at heart. He has a special fondness for children and, being a teetotaller, he never drinks alcohol, preferring milk instead. He is most upset by Murdock, frequently referring to him as a "crazy fool." He suffers an intense fear of flying, especially when the plane in question is flown by Murdock. This difficulty is often overcome by other members of the team drugging him, or otherwise rendering him unconscious, so he can be transported without objection.

Dwight_Schultz_murdock_2.jpg

Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock - The best chopper pilot of the Vietnam War, Murdock is either mentally unstable or exceptionally good at pretending to be so. Although he was their pilot on the Hanoi bank raid, he was technically not part of the A-Team and so not tried by the military. Though interned at a psychiatric hospital, he routinely escapes to accompany the A-Team on their missions. The symptoms of his "insanity" varies but generally includes self-identification with fictional characters, hallucinations, belief in the "intelligence" of inanimate objects, among others. He frequently refers to his invisible dog, "Billy". The initials "H.M." were never explained in terms of Murdock's actual name, and the nickname "Howlin' Mad" is simply attributed to them.

Colonel_Decker_Lance_LeGault_1.jpg

Colonel Lynch - Commander of Fort Bragg, which housed the stockade from which the team escaped. The Colonel pursued them throughout the first season. He seemed to have a personal vendetta against the A-Team.

More Characters can be found here

The round ends in TWO WEEKS (SEPTEMBER 20TH)

PS If anyone suggest any rap or rock, etc. artist to make/remake a new theme song automatically loses.

Thats the problem I am having. I have ideas for the rest, but recasting BA is next to impossible. I pity the fool who tries it.

The only resolution is to make BA different from Mr. T's portrayal. There's no point in trying to copy Mr. T, if you don't have Mr. T. So, even if it isn't Mr. T's BA....man, I dunno....There's also no point in making an A-Team movie without Mr. T's BA....I'm in a pickle....

Let's see.

Hannibal- Michael Hogan

Face- Nathan Fillion.

Murdoch- Jim Carrey

B.A.- um, i dunno. Flava Flav?

THE A-TEAM!
Directed by Michael Bay
(Because blowing **** up is what the A-Team is all about!)
This story takes place in present day/2008.

George Clooney as "Hannibal"
George_Clooney.jpg

Since this is the present day A-Team, I figure Hannibal can be a bit younger than the George Peppard version. He's sophisticated and smart and the natural leader of the crew. Clooney's probably had to play all of the different elements of Hannibal in previous roles, this is his chance to put them all together.

Mark Wahlberg as Face
mark_wahlberg.jpg

Ladies' man? Check. Ability to play the con and the scrounger? Check (see: Basketball Diaries, Fear, Italian Job). Smooth talker? Check. Wahlberg's in.

Ice Cube as BA Baracus
icecube.jpg

No, not Barber Shop or Friday Ice Cube. This is all about Three Kings and Boyz N The Hood Ice Cube. Short fuse and ready to fight, which is probably what got ol' BA in trouble to begin with. Plus, I can hear cube saying "I ain't gettin' on no plane, Hannibal" before being hit over the head with a monkeywrench.

Harland Williams as Murdock
harland.jpg

If you look at Williams' film roles and his stand-up acts, there's no doubt he'd make a perfect Murdock. He can play the cuckoo role to a T (no relation to Mr. T). I originally planned to cast Dane Cook for his ability with physical comedy and character acting, but felt that Harland Williams would just be so much better of a choice that it's not even funny... or actually, it is.

Chris Cooper as Col. Lynch
chriscooper.jpg

Casting the villain for this film, you really want someone that the audience is going to loathe. Any time Chris Cooper is on screen playing the slimeball or the a-hole, I absolutely hate the guy. He's great at it. Watch Bourne Supremacy or Me, Myself and Irene. He's a perfect douchebag.

Yes... the cast of Three Kings is all here, but what can I say, they're all well-suited for this film. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

I have my cast done. I'm searching for the right photos.

Houde has already seen a preview of my new cast. It's ****ing genius. Expect it this weekend.

Wow Willverine that is a really good, except for you choice in Murdock everything is top notch, makes me feel better that I came up with an idea that would of made me giddy, Full Metal Alchemist, but too late

Wow Willverine that is a really good, except for you choice in Murdock everything is top notch, makes me feel better that I came up with an idea that would of made me giddy, Full Metal Alchemist, but too late

I firmly stand by my choice for Murdock. It's an odd one, I know, but if you watch some Harland Williams stand-up (his actual club routines, not his appearances on "Last Comic Standing", you might understand a little better.) As the comic relief character of the A-Team, I think he's marvelous.

Dane Cook or Jim Carrey would work too, but I was trying to think outside the box a little.

THE A-TEAM!
Directed by Michael Bay
(Because blowing **** up is what the A-Team is all about!)
This story takes place in present day/2008.

George Clooney as "Hannibal"
George_Clooney.jpg

Since this is the present day A-Team, I figure Hannibal can be a bit younger than the George Peppard version. He's sophisticated and smart and the natural leader of the crew. Clooney's probably had to play all of the different elements of Hannibal in previous roles, this is his chance to put them all together.

Mark Wahlberg as Face
mark_wahlberg.jpg

Ladies' man? Check. Ability to play the con and the scrounger? Check (see: Basketball Diaries, Fear, Italian Job). Smooth talker? Check. Wahlberg's in.

Ice Cube as BA Baracus
icecube.jpg

No, not Barber Shop or Friday Ice Cube. This is all about Three Kings and Boyz N The Hood Ice Cube. Short fuse and ready to fight, which is probably what got ol' BA in trouble to begin with. Plus, I can hear cube saying "I ain't gettin' on no plane, Hannibal" before being hit over the head with a monkeywrench.

Harland Williams as Murdock
harland.jpg

If you look at Williams' film roles and his stand-up acts, there's no doubt he'd make a perfect Murdock. He can play the cuckoo role to a T (no relation to Mr. T). I originally planned to cast Dane Cook for his ability with physical comedy and character acting, but felt that Harland Williams would just be so much better of a choice that it's not even funny... or actually, it is.

Chris Cooper as Col. Lynch
chriscooper.jpg

Casting the villain for this film, you really want someone that the audience is going to loathe. Any time Chris Cooper is on screen playing the slimeball or the a-hole, I absolutely hate the guy. He's great at it. Watch Bourne Supremacy or Me, Myself and Irene. He's a perfect douchebag.

Yes... the cast of Three Kings is all here, but what can I say, they're all well-suited for this film. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

Best A-Team cast ever.

at first when i read willverines casting i thought wow cube isnt right for the part of B.A. but the more i thought about it the more convinced i am that he would do a great job

I am going to do a wacky comedy version of this with Tracy Morgan as B.A.

Because that's how awesome I am.

ateamhd3.jpg
Joe Pantoliano, Nathan Fillion, Mos Def
Kristen Bell, Sam Elliott, Paul Adelstein​

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith Joe Pantoliano– The master strategist and yet still aware enough to live in the now. Joey Pants has the range to play the leader all while still being the sarcastic bastard that likes playing by his own rules and loves it when a plan comes together. I'm thinking a more cooler, calmed-down version of his character in "Bad Boys".

History – Former US Army Major "Hannibal" was once the battalion commander of the 314th Special Infantry Unit of Ft. Bragg, NC. On a classified black op mission in Afghanistan---Maj Hannibal was ordered to wipe out a marked village used to house and hide key terrorist cells. Upon execution of his orders, he and his men stumble across a group of women and children being held captive in the village. When questioning HQ for further orders on what to do with the hostages, Hannibal was told "no survivors". He and his men disobeyed the direct orders of HQ and were subsequently snowballed into a court martial and stripped of their rank and rights.

Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck Nathan Fillion – Smooth, suave, master of disguises and the team conman. Seriously? Do I need to justify this? If you can stand here and tell me that Fillion couldn't charm you outta your pants---then I'm calling you a dirty liar and you should be kicked in the nuts. Fillion could get it.

History- Prior to serving as a member of Hannibal's special op group, Face was put thru a rigorous counterintelligence agent training program. His gift of gab and ability to blend seamlessly to his surroundings made him a natural for covert espionage. After graduating at the top of his class, Face was assigned to Ft.Bragg to teach Hannibal's men what he'd learnt. Unfortunately he didn't teach all of them all the tricks of the trade. His training was cut short when needed for a special op that Hannibal was running.

Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus Mos Def – Ace mechanic with a permanent chip on his shoulder. Don't be fooled by the size. First and foremost I want BA to be a mechanic and not a walking punchline. Mos Def is such a talented actor that he was one of only 3 people I even considered for this role. I'm envisioning him carrying on like his character in "The Italian Job". The only difference is that with the bad attitude---Mos Def will always be talking trash and getting into fights. Some he wins. Some he loses. But either way there's gonna be a fight if you cross him.

History – BA has no prior affiliation with the rest of the team. He joined the team after they helped he and his family get out from under the criminal trappings of a local drug kingpin in New Orleans. Knowing that his family is now safe, BA eagerly accepted the offer to join the team to serve as their personal mechanic and friend.

Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock Kristen Bell – Paranoid and not all there. But in a quirky way. With the addition of allowing women in combat now, I wanted there to be some diversity on the new team. So between that and sticking to my guns in trying cast Kristen as much as I can in order to see more of her. Her varied talents and ability to take on almost any role and make it her own have always been my #1 thought in casting her. The girl is scary superstar in the making.

History – After graduating college, Haley Marie "HM" Murdock followed in her father's footsteps and joined the US Army as a helicopter pilot. Although still young (she's actually 27 and the perfect age for a real life military Capt) her innate knack for being able to drive or fly anything is astounding. Upon hearing the news of her father's death in Iraq---Capt Murdock loses her grasp on reality. With some therapy, she was able to piece it together again…but there's still something dead inside her and she continuously fights the battle to keep it all together. After being cleared to fly again---HA requests transfer to Hannibal's unit in hopes of using the high classified position to learn the truth about her father's mysterious death. All the while using the new unit's high paced ops tempo to keep her mind off the fact that her father is dead and she's just not sue if she wants to go on.

General LynchSam Elliott – How many times am I gonna keep casting this man in something? I'll answer that. Infinity. I'll keep casting Elliott in roles infinity as long as I know he's right for the part. But why Elliott? And why General? Because in reality---Ft.Bragg is ****ing huge. I know because I used to be stationed there. And there is also no way just a Colonel is gonna be in charge of all that. So for realism's sake---he's a General. And Elliott has the plenty of expierence in the role of military man. See "We Were Soldiers" and "Hulk" for further kick-*** proof.

History – No alterations here. Just a promotion.

Colonel Roderick Decker - Paul Adelstein - The general's right hand man and the one in charge of getting stuff done quietly. _____'s role as the President's YesMan in PrisonBreak is perfect.

History – No back history here. Just the General's assistant.

B Side Casting​

BA - Rockmond Dunbar - Best known as C-Note from Prisonbreak.

HM and Faceman - Kristen Bell and Nathan Fillion - Another idea I had was that Bell and Fillion could easily switch characters and still perfectly nail those roles. Bell as the master of charming master of disguise and Fillion as the crazy HM. Either work. Bell's done it before on Veronica Mars...and giving Fillion the chance to do more darker character like his role on Buffy.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm spent...........

Wait....is this a movie? I totally based my cast off a new TV series.

Oh well.

My choice for Mos Def is mainly for the fact that I didn't wanna see the character as a stereotypical Mr.T knockoff. I wanted there to be an actual mechanic. But for the masses who want their BA as the big bad black man.....then C-Note is your man.

Latest posts

Back