Dreamcasting: Adaptations #8 - The A-Team!

A-Team

Time : present

Not connected to the tv show but instead a complete revamp. (but will still have the occasional heads up)

Cast -

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith – Kurt Russell, Honestly I just love the idea of Kurt Russel as the aged leader of the team and think as far as the part of Hannibal goes he just fits with how the old one was played and could bend more to modern version at the same time

Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck – Luke Wilson , I know most will hate this choice but I was watching him in a few films not too long ago and thought he reminds me of a modern version of Dirk Niewoehner , It seems to me like a good choice , how ever I suspect others may disagree and that's cool

Sgt. Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus -Ving Rhames. Another name who just kind of popped on my radar as of lately , when I was in usa late a night I watched Mission impossible III , Where as I hated the film he stood out as been a big bad *** but also a guy who could act. He to me makes a nice choice for B.A

Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock – Johnny Depp – This was more generic than anything. I know he can act and can pull off a huge range of types from psycho to hero. Then I thought more about and realised he actually suited the role , Murdock is either Jim carrey or Johnny Depp , I'm a fan of both and so I went with IMO the better actor of the two.

Amy Amanda "Triple A" Allen - Devon Aoki – I chose to do this option even if it was not one of the ones listed as I wanted a female character , I liked her in sin city and she reminds me of the original so I chose her , I think this the weakest choice of this cast but one I am willing to make as I like it.

Colonel Lynch – Martin Kove – even if he is much older now I wanted an older guy chasing them , I like this guy as a villain e.g Karate kid and think he would help bring an old school feel to the movie while still been modern and yet also someone who was not in the original.

I like Willverine's cast the most, but Ving Rhames could play a good Mr. T.

So here we go. I haven't ever seen the A-Team (before my time) but I think I can piece together a decent cast. I'm gonna make this a comedy, since most of these actors are comedians.

The A-Team

John "Hannibal" Smith: Harrison Ford
harrison-ford-picture-1.jpg

Hannibal's an old saracstic leader of the motley crew who has to think up everything for them. Ford's the perfect age to be the counterpart to the corrupt Lynch. Ford can be Indiana Jones at his age, he can be Hannibal. And how awesome would Harrison Ford mixed with A-Team be?

Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck: Matthew McConaughey
matthew-mcconaughey2.jpeg

If McConaughey has anything going for him it's that he's a charmer, the guy's a cool talker and I actually think he has the comedic chops to play the ladies man of the team.

Sgt. Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus: Terry Crews
697308982.jpg

Terry Crews is just so awesome on so many levels. He's got the size of Mr. T, the intimidating stare, and even can bring the childlike innocence that Mr. T sometimes has. I like this choice.

Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock: Dax Shepard
2499444974.jpg

Wasn't too sure about this one but I think that Murdock should be someone who doesn't look all there. Shepard hasn't been in anything big yet and I think that this could really spotlight his off the wall comedy. (Yes I did like Employee of the Month)

Colonel Lynch: Michael Douglas
039_42933~Michael-Douglas-Posters.jpg

Watch anything Douglas has been in. This just works out on so many levels.

Pencils down time to vote,

PM your vote to me, voting ends in 24 hours

The choices are:

Willverine
Victor Von Doom
SSJmole
bluebeast

Awesome. I hosted the last one and came up with pretty hard project to cast. I still think my Venture Bros cast was great.

But I am now taking some suggestions on the next round. I'm thinking GI Joe. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back