Dreamcasting: Mix n' Match Writers and Artists with Titles

Gothamite

Basically, mix and match your favourite artists and writers from any company and have them working on your favourite titles. Here we go:

TITLE: Action Comics
WRITER: Robert Kirkman
ARTIST: Curt Swan

TITLE: Amazing Spider-Man
WRITER: Frank Miller (Just imagine the craziness!)
ARTIST: Ryan Ottley

TITLE: Detective Comics
WRITER: Grant Morrisson
ARTIST: David Mazzuchelli

TITLE: Invincible
WRITER: Robert Kirkman
ARTIST: Alex Ross

That's not Dreamcasting. Maybe Dream Teaming, but not Dreamcasting.

But just to contribute I'm going with Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart, the team behind Seaguy and Seven Soldiers: Manhattan Guardian as my pick to do Fantastic Four.

I think we had a similar thread to this some months back though.

WRITER: Todd McFarlane

TITLE: 2000AD
WRITER: Frank Miller (Just seems perfect for a Dredd series)
ARTIST: Frank Quitely

TITLE: Supergirl
WRITER: Joss Whedon
ARTIST: Mark Bagley

Only did a few to get things moving a bit. I was going to do Ultimate spider-man but I like it as is and wont change it.

WRITER: Todd McFarlane

TITLE: 2000AD
WRITER: Frank Miller (Just seems perfect for a Dredd series)
ARTIST: Frank Quitely

TITLE: Supergirl
WRITER: Joss Whedon
ARTIST: Mark Bagley

Only did a few to get things moving a bit. I was going to do Ultimate spider-man but I like it as is and wont change it.

Quitely's odd but interesting for a Dredd artist. Personally, I think his art is a little bit too 'nice' and warm for something harsh like Judge Dredd. Who knows, though?

Quitely's odd but interesting for a Dredd artist. Personally, I think his art is a little bit too 'nice' and warm for something harsh like Judge Dredd. Who knows, though?

It kind of is but it is also the art that best represents the old style (judging on All-star superman) so it would help keep it close to original while been cool with the new writer

TITLE: Nick Fury
WRITER: Ed Brubaker/Garth Ennis
ARTIST: John Cassaday/Tim Bradstreet

Last edited:
Anybody who's read <i>Torment</i> know's that Todd McFarlane should NEVER write Spider-Man EVER again.

Anybody who's read <i>Torment</i> know's that Todd McFarlane should NEVER write Spider-Man EVER again.

But he did fantastic things with the real Venom that's why i would want him. Maybe he would let the real venom return

TITLE: Fury
WRITER: Garth Ennis (I was thinking about this before I saw ProjectX2's post), though after I realized what I wanted from a Nick Fury story, I think it would be better if I got someone who can write good espionage stories. Any suggestions as to who?
ARTIST: NOT SURE (possibly John Cassady or a manga artist*)
COVER ARTIST: Tim Bradstreet? (again, I was thinking of the Punisher cover with Nick on it) or possibly John Cassady stylized after the old Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD art
PREMISE: Nick Fury is an agent of SHIELD. He goes on secret spy missions and stuff, thwarting the likes of HYDRA.
NOTES: Non-canon. Takes place in a '70s setting. Fury is not missing an eye, and therefore does not wear an eyepatch....HYDRA is an acronym (it's not an acronym in 616, which I think is stupid, because all the letters are capitalized anyway). I think this title could be really cool because it's got that epionage feel.

*I say manga artist because I picture Nick looking like this:
4915585a.jpg

Last edited:
TITLE: Fury
WRITER: Garth Ennis (I was thinking about this before I saw ProjectX2's post)
ARTIST: NOT SURE
COVER ARTIST: Tim Bradstreet (again, I was thinking of the Punisher cover with Nick on it)
PREMISE: Nick Fury is an agent of SHIELD. He goes on secret spy missions and stuff, thwarting the likes of HYDRA.
NOTES: Non-canon. Fury is not missing an eye, and therefore does not wear an eyepatch....HYDRA is an acronym (it's not an acronym in 616, which I think is stupid, because all the letters are capitalized anyway).

Have you read Ennis' Fury MAX TPB?

Latest posts

Back