Dreamcasting Round #5: Secret Six

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
Secret Six
secret-six10.jpg

The Rules

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the next round, and is free to choose any property to be cast, whether it is based from comics, videogames, books, cartoons or real world figures. Round moderators may specify a specific medium (TV, film, cartoon, etc) and if he/she fail to specify a medium, then it is open game what medium participants want to play with.

2) When selecting a property for the round, moderators must select an ACTUAL property (ex.— Spider-Man, Mission Impossible, Thundercats, etc.). No generic rounds like "SuperGroup" (ex.— Doom chooses to make an Avengers cast and Ice does an X-Men cast and Bass does an Action Force cast). There needs to be an actual singular property.

3) Like last time---casts should consist of at least 4 characters and a maximum of 9. If you would like to cast an additional character, you must swap one out for another. However, the moderator has the option of leaving blank spots deliberately, with a maximum of 9 (ex.—for example, he or she may declare, Fantastic Four, and at least two bad guys and a Fantastic Friend (like She-Hulk, Power Man). Actors may not reprise their parts at all! Those who have played a character on film or TV may not play the character on voice and vice versa. Simply put, Kevin Conroy cannot put on a Batsuit and Christian Bale is not allowed to voices in your fantasy Batman CG adventure.

4) Once a new round is started---no posting casts for the first 24 hours.

5) When submitting an entry you must at least produce a cast. You can do a pitch if you want, but only a cast is required

6) Each round lasts ten days from the point the moderator posts it, and voting lasts for at least a day and any time past that needed to secure a victory. At the end of the round and voting begins, the mod will divide the submissions into 2 categories: Cast and Pitch. Cast winner wins the round and mods the next round. Pitch winners are allowed to add another property to the pool. When you vote, you must specify what the vote is for (ex.—I vote for Mole's cast and Bass' pitch…or I vote for Proj's cast and Proj's pitch).

This round must be cast in the format of a live action television series.

You Must Cast:
The six core members of the team. No more, no less. You can pick from the following choices:
- Bane
- Black Alice
- Catman
- Cheshire
- Deadshot
- Knockout
- Rag Doll
- Scandal Savage
- Jeanette

You May Also Cast:
As many as two antagonists for the team. Suggestions include Vandal Savage, the Mad Hatter, Junior, Mockingbird, Cheshire, and Mr. Smyth.

Round ends on April 3rd.

Last edited:
Secret Six

A secret government organization known as Checkmate has been operating as movers and shakers in the superhuman world for years. This group has been amassing an army of super criminals to launch a full scale attack against the unregistered superhumans of the world. Now that there is an army of dozens of bloodthirsty criminals on the loose and the hero population is paralyzed by these constant attacks a new type of superhuman group must be formed to fight the super villain army. The enigmatic Mockingbird forms the only group possible to combat these forces. A group of villains as willing to get their hands dirty and bash some skulls in.

Catman: Sam Worthington
worthington.jpg

Thomas Blake wasn't much of a super criminal back in the day. In fact Thomas Blake wasn't much of anything. That was until he decided to put his past behind him and move to Africa where he could truly be one with nature; but because of his nature as a villain though the Society searched out to find him and recruit him to their cause. Blake refused having finally found solace amongst the animals. The Society returned the favor by slaughtering his pride of lions. Blake became obsessed with killing the head of the Society because of this and was given the means to do so by being offered a position amongst the Secret Six, whom he would lead. Blake would take back his mantle as the Catman and lead the Secret Six against the Society.

Scandal Savage: Rosario Dawson
rosario-dawson_l.jpg

An assassin living in Brazil during Checkmate's recruitment drive of the super criminals of the world, Scandal felt herself to unimportant for the Society. Her theories were rebuked, however, when a horde of Society members burned down the village she was staying in. Scandal tried to kill as many of them as she could but was shot in the head by a member of the Society. Scandal would be reawakened by Mockingbird and miraculously had survived the attack. She was made the second member of the Six.

Deadshot: Chris Pine
chris-pine-topless-picker.jpg

Another splinter group in the Checkmate organization was the Suicide Squad, a band of villains knowingly going on dangerous missions in return for a parole on their hefty prison sentences. Floyd Lawton was one of those members of the Squad who no longer served to get out of prison but for the simple thrill of the missions. Lawton is one of the villains sent to recruit members of the Society and is sent to recruit someone known as the Fiddler. Lawton along with the rest of the Squad attempts to cajole the Fiddler into joining but he resists and manages to kill several of the members of the Squad but not before Deadshot puts a bullet in his head. The news media catches these characters brutally murdering innocents and their status to the world is revealed. The head of Checkmate orders Deadshot and the rest of their teammates killed because of their failure. Deadshot escapes Checkmate while releasing several beasts and murderers from their cells. He barely makes his escape and is cornered by Mockingbird who gives him a place in the Six in order to replace the Fiddler who was to be a member.

Bane: Dwayne Johnson
DwayneJohnson.jpg

A prisoner of Checkmate deemed to unstable to be a member of the Society, Bane was sentenced to death. As he was even smarter than his captors, Bane had been planning an escape for months. His plans were altered when Deadshot released all of Checkmate's prisoners including Bane. Bane helps Deadshot in his escape attempt as the two make their way away from Checkmate. Bane is the one who convinces Deadshot to join the Six as he wants to make Checkmate suffer for what they did to him.

Rag Doll: Doug Jones
429149625_1770013346_doug-jones.jpg

A freak among freaks Rag Doll is a member of super criminal aristocracy coming from one of the original Golden Age villains. He was always considered inferior because he never inherited his father's flexibility. He would fix this by undergoing surgeries to turn him into a triple jointed acrobat capable of getting in and out of anything that he wanted. He would be invited to join the Secret Six for reasons unknown to everyone. He gets on almost everyone's nerves because of his innate weirdness.

Cheshire: Michaela Conlin
Michaela-Conlin-michaela-conlin-3777990-400-500.jpg

A mercenary renowned the world over for her ability to poison and slowly kill her targets Cheshire is Mockingbird's personal assistant assembling the Six together. She finds all of the members after the Society attacks each of them and offers them their spots in the team. Cheshire is the only member of the Six who knows the identity of Mockingbird and what his overall plan is. Cheshire manipulates all of the members of the Six from seducing Catman to seducing Scandal. She is an enigma to the rest of the Six and eventually sides with Mockingbird when his final plan is revealed to the Secret Six.

Mockingbird: Javier Bardem
javier-bardem-4.jpg

The Mockingbird is a mystery to everyone in the Secret Six and only speaks to them only to give them orders on missions that they're not sure of. Mockingbird has an agenda that none of the Six are aware of but he has chosen the six of them for a reason. The true identity of Mockingbird would eventually be revealed as Vandal Savage after they tear through the Society. Vandal would take on the entirety of the Six and eventually be killed by a tactical nuclear weapon shot at him by Deadshot.

The Mad Hatter: David Tennant
david_tennant_352648a.jpg

A spy in the Society for Mockingbird the Mad Hatter uses his supreme intelligence in order to control the minds of the Society members around him and use them for the Six's benefit. After Cheshire betrays the team and goes missing the Six take the Hatter on as their sixth member.

David Tennant is brilliant casting. as is Javi Bardem as Savage.

I prefer the present freelance mercenary approach to fighting villains at the behest of a mysterious benefactor, but I can see how that would provide a good long-term plot and framework for, say, a first season or two.

Last edited:
David Tennant is brilliant casting. as is Javi Bardem as Savage.

I prefer the present freelance mercenary approach to fighting villains at the behest of a mysterious benefactor, but I can see how that would provide a good long-term plot and framework for, say, a first season or two.

You know I just realized this is supposed to be a television show. I'm going to have to relook at my cast to change it accordingly.

I wonder who won this round? :p

Admittedly, I didn't play because I do not know the property well enough to do a proper cast. And I'd hate to just throw something together at the last minute.

I mean we could easily extend this round into the weekend to see if anyone else is gonna play, but I think the fact that it's gone for 2 weeks already and we only have 1 entry says enough. I'm all for calling an end to this round and allowing Bluebeast to just go ahead and pick the next round property.

Or we can extend it. What say you all?

I say we ask if anyone else wants to contribute an entry. If we don't get a response in, oh, the next 24 hours, we just give it to BB. If we do get replies, we extend it a few more days.

I'd prefer if we got more people for it but if no one wants to it's okay.

Seeing as we have no replies I'll start the new one up. See if this next round will be more fan friendly.

Latest posts

Back