DreamMovie #13- Thy Will Be Done!

bluebeast

THE RULES

1. The winner of this round becomes the moderator of the next round and gets to choose the subject for the next round. Winner may also declare whether it is animated or a live-action
2. You may use actors who have played a role before, but only if you're creating a new plot.

3. After the declared time period, the round will be declared closed and people may vote via PM to the moderator, who will declare a winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

And your challenge for this round. You must create a film that revolves around

GREEK MYTHOLOGY

Base a film around any Greek hero, legend or god. Do whatever you want with it, base it in modern times, ancient times even make a myth of your own as long as it revolves around the Greek stories of old. I know you all can handle the possible insanity that could come from a round like this.

Dang. I was hoping this would be Biblical adaptation round.

Because I was going to create The League of Extraordinary Jews.

And they would fight Xenomorphs.

And Samuel L. Jackson would be in it.

Dang. I was hoping this would be Biblical adaptation round.

Because I was going to create The League of Extraordinary Jews.

And they would fight Xenomorphs.

And Samuel L. Jackson would be in it.

:lol:

You could probably fit that into this round somehow.

GREEK MYTHOLOGY

Base a film around any Greek hero, legend or god. Do whatever you want with it, base it in modern times, ancient times even make a myth of your own as long as it revolves around the Greek stories of old. I know you all can handle the possible insanity that could come from a round like this.

Can the Greek hero/god/legend be called by their Roman name instead of their Greek name? I like "Pluto" better than "Hades."

I already have my basic premise laid out. I just need to decide whether or not my "Gods" will actually be super-powered humans, or just really influential ones (in the Pride/the Trust) kind of way; regular men and women with tremendous power to manipulate things behind the scenes, based on their role in society.

It will probably by a feature-length pilot, set in present day Upper East Side Manhattan, based on The Judgment of Paris. The original 'mortals' (and demi-Gods) will be replaced by teenage/20something characters; the "Gods" will be adults. The tone will be a little bit Gossip Girl, a little bit of DirtySexyMoney, with a dash of The Godfather and Scarface, if that makes sense. And it will leave the story open to continue as a series/miniseries, detailing the events of the Iliad, and even a spinoff based on the Odyssey (assuming that the 'turf war' and/or business rivalry for Troy Industries takes place in Southern California, but i'm getting ahead of myself here).

* EDIT: Come to think of it, this will quite possibly owe as much to stuff like Dallas, Dynasty and Falcon Crest; those over-blown early 80s soap operas that I used to watch with my Mom as an excuse to stay up past my bedtime, as a kid. I think that stuff might have left more of an imprint on my psyche than I care to admit. This might be a good way to purge some of that from my system.

Can the Greek hero/god/legend be called by their Roman name instead of their Greek name? I like "Pluto" better than "Hades."
Well, you wouldn't name a white character "Jameel Shabazz Hussein", would you? Isn't that kind of the same thing? :twisted:

I kid, I kid!

I do believe that Bluebeast's opening comments answer your question already:
Bluebeast said:
Do whatever you want with it, base it in modern times, ancient times even make a myth of your own as long as it revolves around the Greek stories of old.
I think that implicitly means you can mess around with names, as long as the fundamental mythos is kept in place.

Although I think it *would* feel rather arbitrary to use a mix of Roman AND Greek names, just because you think some sound "cooler" than others.

* EDIT: I just realized how odd the title of this thread is: it comes from a ROMAN Catholic prayer, in association with Biblical tradition. No wonder Ourchair got confused.

Last edited:
Sure Langsta you can name it whatever but I still think Hades sounds cooler than Pluto. And I couldn't think of anything better to do with the title and now that I look at it I realize all of the potential ones I could've done.

Theo

Plot

Theseus "Theo" is your typical young boy playing games with his slightly older cousin Hercules. The neighbourhood they live in is filled with drugs , crime and people getting killed. But at a young boy they don't realise how bad it is but as a result they are more mature than most kids their age. While they pull pranks on their neighbours it shown that Theo is more intelligent while Hercules is stronger.

The film cuts to them in their teenage years. Hercules is shown as been built more muscular while Theo is still smart but he's more athletic. Theo has an interest in politics , He even runs for class president. Hercules runs with a different group of people. His friends are more like a criminals and drug dealers.

The story takes a turn for the worse when Hercules is shot by a drive by shooter. Theo decided to take stand and drove off with Hercules's friends to get revenge on the gang who put his cousin in hospital. When he returns home that day covered in blood his mother decided she did not want him to die on the street like others his age so she sends him off to go and live with his father Aegeus who Theo had never met before.

All seems to be going well for Theo when his moves to live with his father. He starts to improve at school again and seems to be moving out of life of crime he had created. He then meets a girl in his school Ariadne and he falls in love with her. Everything see,s to be going well until his father gets himself in debt.

To repay the debt Theo decided to take a stand against Minos the loan shark trying to destroy his father. He discovers that the loan shark is the father of Ariadne! He is torn between what to do. But he tells his father it's the only way and tells him he will phone him at 11pm sharp to let him know he's ok.

Theo does indeed kill Minos but Ariadne sees it and shoots Theo. She takes his mobile phone and leaves him to die. She thinks he only used her to get to her father. Theo tries his best to move. His father meanwhile looks at the time. 1 am His father thinks theo has gotten himself so he opens his desk pulls out his gun and shoots himself.

Theo finally makes it home and see's his father's body and breaks down. This is the straw that breaks the camel's back. The film skips forward again after this point to Theo as middle aged. His back in his old neighbourhood but in a political role doing his best to fix it up and stamp out crime.

He is grabbed at the end by the gang that had shot Hercules years ago. The gang was called "Seven" and they wanted revenger for him killing one of their members all those years ago. He is tied up and thrown off a bridge in to water.

Final shot of film we see him die as he flashes back over everything. No matter how he changed his old life is still what dictated his death.

Premise : This basically has most of the stuff from the greek myth BUT sets it against 2008 urban setting creating a film like Menace II Society or Boyz n the Hood.

Cast :

Teen Theo – Rob Brown – He needs to be someone who is finding himself but would be good in the role when he loses his temper and goes after Hercules shooter. I think Rob Brown is good for what I wanted plus could be believed as the teen version of Laurence Fishburne given the right hair cut ect.. Which is important to make teen look like adult

Adult Theo – Laurence Fishburne – I wanted someone who looked like a strong figure. It could not be overly big though. Laurence Fishburne would be able to play the part very well and would be more unexpected when he dies.

Teen Hercules – Black Thomas – Hercules is a little tougher than Theo in this so I needed to reflect that in my cast choice. I think Black Thomas would be good in this role. Also with Theo and Hercules I wanted more unknown as the teen years are the central part of the film I didn't want to be distracted by too many names.

Minos – Danny Trejo
– I wanted someone you could believe as a loan shark trying to ruin Theo's dad's life. Danny Trejo is that man.

Ariadne – Francia Raisa – another unknown but someone I think can the handle the role of love interest/shooter when she tries to kill theo.

Note : Did not cast the kids as I suck at casting kids I figured why go there.

It's All Greek To Me!

Enter 19 year old Mikey Peters (Chris Lowell). He is a student at NYU studying Greek Mythology, and failing big time. He is also in love with a girl from his course, Hannah (Kristen Bell), who is one of the best on the course and doesn't really know he exists. His tutor offers him a chance to try to save the wreckage that is his studies by working at the local Museum in the Ancient Greek section. Two weeks into his job, which unfortunately has developed into night watchman after a few too many mistakes, the Museum receives a new artifact for the Ancient Greek section, A very ornate jar, which is adorned with many symbols and engravings. Mikey recognises one of the symbols and thinks the jar may actually be the fabled Pandora's Box.

Seeing an attempt to impress Hannah, he invites her to come and see it at night. Hannah jumps at the oppotunity, and they have the date set! He waits until everyone has left, and lets Hannah in through the back door. The plan works at first. Hannah is amazed by the jar, and starts talking about how if it is really Pandora's Box what an amazing a discovery it is. Mikey decides to take a chance and kisses her. She kisses him back and they start to get into things a bit more.
That is until...

Mikey stumbles backwards and knocks the lid off of the jar. Thus confirming it is Pandora's Box as the room is filled with a lightshow and a lot of noise. The couple panic and run out of the Museum and hide, just in time to see the doors blow off, and from the light floods a hell of a lot of evil. Many fabled Greek monsters pour from the museum, Cerberus, The Hydra,
Gorgons, The Cyclops and many more. The final figure to step from the Museum is Ares (Christian Bale), god of war. After the hordes have
left, they go back inside to find that Ares must have closed the jar again when he left. Hannah is convinced there is something left inside that can help them, and against the advice of Mikey, opens the jar again, releasing Hercules (Karl Urban) on the world. Hercules was trapped in the jar during a final battle with Ares, sacrificing himself to save everyone else. On the return to the jar, Hannah also notices an inscription which she reads aloud, there is a flash and she suddenly starts to develop visions from Athena, the goddess of strategic warfare.

The rest of the film progresses with Mikey, Hercules and Hannah trying to track down the escapees and put them back into the jar. Hannah will be kidnapped by Ares to be a vessel for Enyo the goddess of Bloodshed, so Hercules and Mikey will have the final battle with him, both to save Hannah and the world. Everything will come full circle when Herc sacrifices himself again, trapping himself and Ares back in the jar.

The film will contain a lot of action, but be very much a comedy. Think Reaper, but with Greek gods and monsters instead of escaped souls.

Mikey - Chris Lowell

0000043454_20070926182254.jpg

Hannah - Kristen Bell

01-kristen-bell-veronica-mars-veron.jpg

Hercules - Karl Urban

eomer.jpg

Ares - Christian Bale

christianbale.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to put a deadline on this so let's say round ends Wednesday after next.

Mole, why are they black?!

Because it's an urban "gangsta" movie like Menace II Society. Also the last two aren't black they are more Latino or whatever the correct term is. Plus with it been greek myths/legends we would need to cast all greek actors and I can't think of any

Because it's an urban "gangsta" movie like Menace II Society. Also the last two aren't black they are more Latino or whatever the correct term is. Plus with it been greek myths/legends we would need to cast all greek actors and I can't think of any
Damn, Mole, what's your problem?! Don't you know that if you change races it's a blasphemy against Langsta?! Damn you racist, Mole! Daaaaamn youuuu!!!!

*Shakes fist in air*

Damn, Mole, what's your problem?! Don't you know that if you change races it's a blasphemy against Langsta?! Damn you racist, Mole! Daaaaamn youuuu!!!!

*Shakes fist in air*

I didn't change race , They're not black ..... just really tanned greeks :shifty:

An Odyssey

AN ODYSSEY

I was going to cast The Odyssey, but I thought that was a bit boring... so I decided to cast The Odyssey and set it in space! Inspired by movies such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Serenity, Pan's Labyrinth, 300 and Beowulf, An Odyssey is an epic adventure throughout the mythical universe.

seanbeanodysseus.png

Ten years have passed since the fall of Troy, and the Greek hero Odysseus still has not returned to his planet of Ithaca. A large and rowdy mob of suitors who have overrun Odysseus's palace and pillaged his planet continue to court his wife, Penelope. She has remained faithful to Odysseus. Prince Telemachus, Odysseus's son, wants desperately to throw them out but does not have the confidence or experience to fight them. One of the suitors, Antinous, plans to assassinate the young prince, eliminating the only opposition to their dominion over the planet.

justinchatwintelemachus.png

Unknown to the suitors, Odysseus is still alive. The beautiful nymph Calypso, possessed by love for him, has imprisoned him on her moon, Ogygia. He longs to return to his wife and son, but he has no ship or crew to help him escape. While the aliens of a higher dimension (referred to as Olympus, the realm above all others) debate Odysseus's future, Athena, Odysseus's strongest supporter among the aliens, resolves to help Telemachus. Disguised as a friend of the prince's grandfather, Laertes, she convinces the prince to call a meeting of the assembly at which he reproaches the suitors. Athena also prepares him for a great journey to Pylos and Sparta, where the kings Nestor and Menelaus, Odysseus's companions during the war, inform him that Odysseus is alive and trapped on Calypso's moon. Telemachus makes plans to return home, while, back on Ithaca, Antinous and the other suitors prepare an ambush to kill him when he reaches port.

charlizetheronpenelope.png

On Olympus, Zeus sends Hermes to rescue Odysseus from Calypso. Hermes persuades Calypso to let Odysseus build a spaceship and leave. The homesick hero leaves the moon, but when Poseidon, alien brother of Zeus, finds him flying home, he sends a galactic storm to wreck Odysseus's craft. Poseidon has harboured a bitter grudge against Odysseus since the hero blinded his son, the monster Polyphemus, earlier in his travels. Athena intervenes to save Odysseus from Poseidon's wrath, and the beleaguered king lands at Scheria, home planet of the Phaeacians. Nausicaa, the Phaeacian princess, shows him to the royal palace, and Odysseus receives a warm welcome from the king and queen. When he identifies himself as Odysseus, his hosts, who have heard of his exploits on Troy, are stunned. They promise to give him safe passage to Ithaca, but first they beg to hear the story of his adventures.

rosebyrneathena.png

Odysseus spends the night describing the fantastic chain of events leading up to his arrival on Calypso's moon. He recounts his trip to the Planet of the Lotus Eaters, his battle with Polyphemus the monster, his love affair with the witch-alien Circe, his temptation by the deadly Sirens, his journey on Pluto to consult the prophet Tiresias, and his fight with the space dragon Scylla. When he finishes his story, the Phaeacians return Odysseus to Ithaca, where he seeks out the hut of his faithful swineherd, Eumaeus. Though Athena has disguised Odysseus as a beggar, Eumaeus warmly receives and nourishes him in the hut. He soon encounters Telemachus, who has returned from Pylos and Sparta despite the suitors' ambush, and reveals to him his true identity. Odysseus and Telemachus devise a plan to massacre the suitors and regain control of Ithaca.

jeffbridgesposeidon.png

When Odysseus arrives at the palace the next day, still disguised as a beggar, he endures abuse and insults from the suitors. The only person who recognizes him is his old nurse, Eurycleia, but she swears not to disclose his secret. Penelope takes an interest in this strange beggar, suspecting that he might be her long-lost husband. Quite crafty herself, Penelope organizes an archery contest the following day and promises to marry any man who can string Odysseus's great bow and fire an arrow through a row of twelve axes—a feat that only Odysseus has ever been able to accomplish. At the contest, each suitor tries to string the bow and fails. Odysseus steps up to the bow and, with little effort, fires an arrow through all twelve axes. He then turns the bow on the suitors. He and Telemachus, assisted by a few faithful servants, kill every last suitor.

mcgaineyzeus.png

Odysseus reveals himself to the entire palace and reunites with his loving Penelope. He travels to the outskirts of Ithaca to see his aging father, Laertes. They come under attack from the vengeful family members of the dead suitors, but Laertes, reinvigorated by his son's return, successfully kills Antinous's father and puts a stop to the attack. Zeus dispatches Athena to restore peace. With his power secure and his family reunited, Odysseus's long ordeal comes to an end.

nestorcarbonellantinous.png

angelinajoliecalypso.png

ronperlmanpolyphemus.png

Latest posts

Back