Dropping an Ultimate Book

Which Ultimate Universe Book Should Be Dropped

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mucus is always wanted, you know. I hear its $50 per snot.

I AM THERE!

In all reality I just don't know what my financial situation is going to look like until I show up there and start working and what not so I may be able to add whatever I take off back on but this is trying to be on the safe side.

Or download illegally.. but you shouldn't do that because that is wrong...
QUOTE]

Or you could drop everything and only read trades, available at the UC store for up to 50% off.

OR read comics as they come out illegally, and buy the trades you want to support once they're collected. I don't like the idea of buying a trade I'll only ever read once. I buy the ones I've read and love and know I'm going to read again, and lend to my friends etc.

Anyway, Drop both Fantastic Fours and get some DC in there, Batman or Detective Comics are great right now. And there's a Green Lantern event, and the next JSA arc is going to crossover into the 'Kingdom Come' universe, so it'll at least have some nice ross art (alex ross is "creative advisor")

OR read comics as they come out illegally, and buy the trades you want to support once they're collected

I download comics and read them; I freely admit that. However, I do - without exception - go out and buy what I like. Downloading comics has in no way, shape, or form caused me not to buy comics, it just gets me to buy ones I really like. And it has - no question - gotten me to pick up books that I wouldn't have ever picked up off the shelf to buy.

The ability to download comics has unquestionably kept me in comics.

Anyway, Drop both Fantastic Fours and get some DC in there, Batman or Detective Comics are great right now. And there's a Green Lantern event, and the next JSA arc is going to crossover into the 'Kingdom Come' universe, so it'll at least have some nice ross art (alex ross is "creative advisor")

I just can't stand the DCU. The characters and the backgrounds and all of it, Batman is the most tolerable but even then he bugs me. It's a power gamers universe and I just don't enjoy it. I've even tried a couple of titles but I didn't read it when it was free I am not reading it now.

I download comics and read them; I freely admit that. However, I do - without exception - go out and buy what I like. Downloading comics has in no way, shape, or form caused me not to buy comics, it just gets me to buy ones I really like. And it has - no question - gotten me to pick up books that I wouldn't have ever picked up off the shelf to buy.

And I would do the same but I don't know where to turn for that sort of illicit activity.

Same here. If the ability to download comics was shutdown, there's a large chance that I would drop out of comics altogether. I wouldn't know what to buy or what was good anymore (since I don't trust anyone's opinion except for my own).

What's more, I think the publishing companies know there are tons of people who do the same thing and that's why they don't go after the places that people go to (which are not allowed to be mentioned per board policy).

Marvel, DC, smaller publishers, and creative people know that downloading comics helps far, far more than it hurts.

I just can't stand the DCU. The characters and the backgrounds and all of it, Batman is the most tolerable but even then he bugs me. It's a power gamers universe and I just don't enjoy it. I've even tried a couple of titles but I didn't read it when it was free I am not reading it now.
If you're not into the DC Universe, remember that DC has Vertigo and Wildstorm, which put out a ton of superb material.

Latest posts

Back