DS vs PSP

DGspider-fan

Just wondering what you think about the handhelds? Do you play PSP, DS or something else and why? What games would you recommend? What are the pros and cons of either system?

I play my DS way way more than I play my PSP. Currently there just aren't any games that peak my interest for the PSP. I just bought Star Fox Command last night for my DS and it's pretty sweet so far.

I barely have time for console games, by the way I highly recommend Dirge of Cerberus, let alone handhelds. Sorry. The last handheld I had was whichever Nintendo one had Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on it, but that was such a disappointment that I never picked up again.

DS IMO is way better because it has the touch screen and.......Nintendogs!!!!! Maxwell is so cute!

My friends totally ripped me for buying nintendogs but oh well that game was tight. I did feel like an *** talking to my DS though

I heard Dirge of Cerebus wasn't all that great..... I do love all the new FF7 spinoff stuff and was really looking foward to this game but I read a really bad review on gamespot.com. Have you played it?

DGspider-fan said:
I heard Dirge of Cerebus wasn't all that great..... I do love all the new FF7 spinoff stuff and was really looking foward to this game but I read a really bad review on gamespot.com. Have you played it?
Played it and beat it. Thought it was a lot of fun and since I love FF7 that was a bonus for me. The reviews I read said the main downfall was the lack of difficulty and shotty controls, but if you put the aiming on manual the first time through aiming becomes more fun. Then play on Extra Hard when you beat it and it's a lot more challenging.

McCheese said:
Played it and beat it. Thought it was a lot of fun and since I love FF7 that was a bonus for me. The reviews I read said the main downfall was the lack of difficulty and shotty controls, but if you put the aiming on manual the first time through aiming becomes more fun. Then play on Extra Hard when you beat it and it's a lot more challenging.

SWEET!!! I've been dying for a game to play on my PSP Thanx for the info I'll have to check it out:D

McCheese said:

Son of a ..... Man I could have sworn it was for the PSP. Oh well I need a new PS2 game anyway all I have right now is the USM game.

DGspider-fan said:
Son of a ..... Man I could have sworn it was for the PSP. Oh well I need a new PS2 game anyway all I have right now is the USM game.
i've only played pac-man on the PSP and i bought a DS lite

new super mario bros. was fantastic! (i'm still waiting for a super smash bros. game to show up on it it would work who said it wouldn't)

DS all the way. So far I've got New Super Mario Bros, Brain Age (Addictive...), and Resident Evil (Classic). The DS just has a better line of titles coming with the Final Fantasy 3 remake, The Zelda: WInd Waker sequal, Children of Mana, Star Fox Command, and the Castlevania games.

Last edited:
I'm with DS. PSP may have better graphics but the ds has more innovative gameplay. The touch screen was created by...

Chuck Norris!!!

I have both and say that both are great systems.

PSP is that take everwhere system. You got the games,movies,music,pics and internet(someplaces) all in one. I absolutely will not travel without it. Games are getting better but they not a consistent flow of good games. That and they need to add something that will get people interested in it again.
Cant wait for that new MGS though.

DS has the games on lock. DS lite is was just the perfect "model upgrade". The touch screen just gives it so many possibilties.

Just picked up that new Star Fox today. Went to like 4 stores to find that joint.

DGspider-fan said:
I just bought Star Fox Command last night for my DS and it's pretty sweet so far.

I'm about to open mine right now...

I have neither, and don't really want either.

Gameboy Advance all the way.

I played Starfox Command like crazy last night, and I must say I am really impressed. It reminds me of a cross between Starfox 64 and Starfox for Super Nintendo with a little stategy thrown in for good measure. Beat it once and that allows you to unlock different pathways thought the story for great replay value. On my second time through I got to fly as some of the ships from the Starwolf team. Sweet! It looks like there are a ton of different endings depending what route you take........

DGspider-fan said:
I played Starfox Command like crazy last night, and I must say I am really impressed. It reminds me of a cross between Starfox 64 and Starfox for Super Nintendo with a little stategy thrown in for good measure. Beat it once and that allows you to unlock different pathways thought the story for great replay value. On my second time through I got to fly as some of the ships from the Starwolf team. Sweet! It looks like there are a ton of different endings depending what route you take........

Dang you beat it already? I havent even opened mine. Didnt get the chance last night.

PuertoRock33 said:
Dang you beat it already? I havent even opened mine. Didnt get the chance last night.

That's how I do it! Naw but there are soo many things left for me to unlock and I think I got the crappy ending.

Latest posts

Back