dumb laws

Void.M

I was swiming along in Bored.com and found this

http://www.bored.com/crazylaws/index.htm

They for real? i mean:

• In Baltimore, it is illegal to wash or scrub sinks no matter how dirty they get.
• In Halethrope, Maryland kisses longer than one second are illegal.
• An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
• Boston: It is illegal to play the fiddle. Two people may not kiss in front of a church. No more than two baths may be taken within the confines of the city. No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun in case of bears. Anyone may let their sheep and cows graze in the public gardens/commons at any time except o Sundays. It is illegal to eat peanuts in church. An old law prohibits the taking of baths on Sunday. Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present. Women may not wear heels over 3 inches in length while on the common. No one may take a bath without a prescription. It is illegal for any citizen to own more than three dogs.

• In 1659 the state of Massachusetts outlawed Christmas.
• In Massachusetts, if you get caught eating peanuts in church , you can be jailed for up to one year.
• A Michigan law states that a wife's hair legally belongs to her husband.
•in Mississippiin its illegal for a male to be sexually aroused in public.

• In Merryville women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."

.........and many silly laws like that

disscuss

I heard that there is one where it is illegal to wear a fake moustache in church that makes someone laugh.

Meaning it's okay if it's a real mustache and someone laughs.

Or it's okay if you have a fake mustache and no one laughs.

Or it's okay if you're fake mustache makes someone laugh OUTSIDE of the church.

Women are prohibited by law to have sex with Dave Sim.

They are also prohibited by Dave Sim to have sex with Dave Sim.

Last edited:
There's a famous one in England; Cheshire to be exact (which used to be a Roman town and fort; lovely place).

Apparently, it is legal to shoot a Welshman on Sundays with a crossbow, if he is within 50 metres of you. Or something equally silly.

I also heard of one where, in Alaska I think, it's illegal to make eye contact with a moose while in a moving vehicle (you, not the moose).

There's a famous one in England; Cheshire to be exact (which used to be a Roman town and fort; lovely place).

Apparently, it is legal to shoot a Welshman on Sundays with a crossbow, if he is within 50 metres of you. Or something equally silly.

That's my city! It's you can shoot a welshman with a crossbow IF they are inside the city walls after midnight. (the city part is surrounded by a big wall built by the Romans)

But It may also be in another city like york. Mines Chester

That's my city! It's you can shoot a welshman with a crossbow IF they are inside the city walls after midnight. (the city part is surrounded by a big wall built by the Romans)

But It may also be in another city like york. Mines Chester

Im guessing York is the Old york?

:lol: York is the Original York :p

So it does exist....and here people thought i was crazy. i mean if NY is the New one there should be an other one somewhere

Well,thats one less thing keeping me up at night

So it does exist....and here people thought i was crazy. i mean if NY is the New one there should be an other one somewhere

Well,thats one less thing keeping me up at night

New York was originally New Amsterdam you know. And there's certainly an 'old' Amsterdam ;-)

Mole, that's quite crazy. I used to live on the Wirral for a long time. New Brighton to be exact. Sure you at least know of it.

Fuzzy is right

Why did someone think it was different, and if that person is American, they should just leave

Every American should know their own countries history

Latest posts

Back