Easter Specials

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
God, how I miss Easter Specials.

At some point I guess they just decided not to play them anymore. It's been a couple years since I've seen any station here air some good Easter cartoons, let alone the Rankin-Bass masterpieces like Here Comes Peter Cottontail and The Easter Bunny Is Comin' To Town. What I wouldn't give to see those on TV again, lest they become forgotten by the new generation of kids.

:(

Are they still airing them where you are?

Nonstop. I can't get away from the shameless easter plugging. Everytime I turn on the TV there's some new cartoon.

Uh, I've never seen Easter specials... o.o

Here Comes Peter Cottontail... wasn't he the prick bunny that ignored his mom and went into a garden when he wasn't supposed to? What does that have to with Easter other than the fact that there are bunnies involved?

The Easter Bunny Is Comin' To Town is the laziest name ever. All these holidays are trying to become as appealing as Christmas but they simply do not have it in them.

Last edited:
PBF027AD-Billy_the_Bunny.jpg

And fitting in a bit better with the holiday:

PBF022AD-Bunny_Easter.jpg

Ha, that first one is exactly the mix of comedy and tragedy that makes me laugh for days on end.

The second one would be funnier if it was a real bunny instead of a toy.

Uh, I've never seen Easter specials... o.o

Then your opinion is void.

Here Comes Peter Cottontail... wasn't he the prick bunny that ignored his mom and went into a garden when he wasn't supposed to? What does that have to with Easter other than the fact that there are bunnies involved?

That's not Peter Cottontail. That's Peter Rabbit. Whole different story. Peter Cottontail is the Rankin-Bass stop-motion movie where the bunny has to travel through a whole year and try and pass off Easter Eggs at every holiday. IMHO, it's by far the best of the Rankin-Bass movies. I miss it terribly.
:(

The Easter Bunny Is Comin' To Town is the laziest name ever. All these holidays are trying to become as appealing as Christmas but they simply do not have it in them.

How can you judge all these if you've never seen an Easter Special? And by the way, "The Easter Bunny IS Comin' To Town" is actually a very clever title if you've seen the movie, because in the story it's a play-on-words.

. . .but The Ten Commandments has nothing to do with Easter. :?

They play it every year here on Easter.

It's more to do with celebrating Jesus rather than some stupid ****ing bunny. The only thing a bunny is good for is roasting and filling my belly.

VVD, that's like saying Christmas Vacation, It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, etc. all suck because they have nothing to do with Jesus either.

And Ten Commandments has much less to do with Jesus than any Easter special.

You guys are missing my point.

The thread is about Easter specials......normally ABC airs "The Ten Commandments" every Easter. I was stating that that's the only Easter special I like.

Whether or not its got anything to do with Jesus is irrelevant.

Latest posts

Back