Efficient Ordering of Comics

Ultxon

Well, it looks like I may get a job soon at, hooray for me, a comic book shop. My try-out period is Tuesday.

Here's the deal, for my try-out I have alphabatize all the back issues in 15 hours or less. He has boxes of titles all mixed up and already has boxes labeled by the letter. All I have to do is put the character in their repsective letter, I don't have to aplphatize each letter box. Now, I wanted to know what's the best way to go about ordering them. I am trying to impress the manager.

Ultxon said:
Well, it looks like I may get a job soon at, hooray for me, a comic book shop. My try-out period is Tuesday.

Here's the deal, for my try-out I have alphabatize all the back issues in 15 hours or less. He has boxes of titles all mixed up and already has boxes labeled by the letter. All I have to do is put the character in their repsective letter, I don't have to aplphatize each letter box. Now, I wanted to know what's the best way to go about ordering them. I am trying to impress the manager.

I hope you're getting paid for this. Otherwise the shop owner is to be congratulated for getting his comics organized for free because you "didn't work out" if you catch my drift.

Er... I dunno what better way to organise them than by putting all the titles that begin with "A" in the "A" box.

What I would suggest is possibly putting all Spider-Man titles under "S" regardless of their other title say "Amazing Spider-Man" shouldn't be under A, but under S, for Spidey. I THINK. Hopefully someone here will tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Well, I'll be getting a $100 gift card from the store for it. What I meant was, would it better to grab a bunch of comics then juts go all about the boxes putting them were they belong or flip through them and find all the S's, then the T's, and so forth.

Bass said:
What I would suggest is possibly putting all Spider-Man titles under "S" regardless of their other title say "Amazing Spider-Man" shouldn't be under A, but under S, for Spidey. I THINK. Hopefully someone here will tell me if I'm right or wrong.

That's how most shops I've seen do it.

I personally arrange them by title - Amazing Spidey is in the As and Spectacular is in the Ss.

Except I keep New Avengers in the As.

And the entire Death/Return of Superman in the Ss.

And the Clone saga separate from the other Spider-Man comics.

I do this in case ninjas try to break into my house and steal my comics, so it's really hard for them to find what they want, but it still kind of makes sense to me. Hopefully this gives me a chance to get my bazooka and shoot them before they get away.

UltimateE said:
That's how most shops I've seen do it.

I personally arrange them by title - Amazing Spidey is in the As and Spectacular is in the Ss.

Except I keep New Avengers in the As.

And the entire Death/Return of Superman in the Ss.

And the Clone saga separate from the other Spider-Man comics.

I do this in case ninjas try to break into my house and steal my comics, so it's really hard for them to find what they want, but it still kind of makes sense to me. Hopefully this gives me a chance to get my bazooka and shoot them before they get away.

I hate ninjas. Those disposable *******s.

And those arrogant vampires too.

Except for Vampire Will. I :heart: Vampire Will.

Latest posts

Back