Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm raising my character to be a spell caster with one hand and a sword in the other. For the first 11 levels, he was beasting... Now he (Or I, I should say) is having trouble killing dudes.

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm raising my character to be a spell caster with one hand and a sword in the other. For the first 11 levels, he was beasting... Now he (Or I, I should say) is having trouble killing dudes.

Maybe you are spreading your abilities too thin by not focusing on one specific technique (ie magic or combat) and now at higher levels neither category has advanced enough to keep up with enemies?

I ended up really excelling once leveled up and put my skills into magic. For destruction, how do I get lightning or ice?

I ended up really excelling once leveled up and put my skills into magic. For destruction, how do I get lightning or ice?

Buy a spell tome from one of the court wizards or some of the "general" stores.

So I might have a problem. I started the Stormcloaks quest, then as usual I got distracted and continued on the dragon quests. I get to a point where
i need to arrange peace talks.
. I go about it and when I go to talk to Ulfric he says aren't you supposed to be doing something? Right. Ice Wraith. Gotta kill it. So I go crush it, fast travel back, and he's talking about the next quest line with his second. Okay. I go to talk to Ulfric again, he says talk to his second. His second says he can';t believe Ulfric's down with my plan. Neither will let me continue.

Well crap.

I've just been doing side work since. I went and bought the house in Solitude. Its pretty sweet, but my mannequins go transparent when I hang armor on them.

Aaaand the new patch corrupted my save file. 40 hours down the drain.

That sucks.

I heard there were problems with this patch. I haven't installed it yet. I am thinking I am gonna avoid it. Are you on PS3 or Xbox?

PS3, fortunately I have PSN+ so my save is backed up online. I found a fix too, delete your game install/info (not the save), then hop into Skyrim so it'll reinstall its info.

PS3, fortunately I have PSN+ so my save is backed up online. I found a fix too, delete your game install/info (not the save), then hop into Skyrim so it'll reinstall its info.

After reading this I immediately thought *product placement*

Although that's not a bad idea since I have like 6gb of free space left.

After reading this I immediately thought *product placement*

Although that's not a bad idea since I have like 6gb of free space left.

Actually, my hard drive failed in my 360, so I lost like 50+ hours in Borderlands, my Alan Wake saves, so I was paranoid, decided I needed to have some kind of better back up plan for my PS3.

Back up plan is always good.

If you haven't seen it already, 100 Ways To Die In Skyrim. I've seen this like ten times and it doesn't get old.

[video=youtube;LmqGHXsF1Lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqGHXsF1Lk[/video]

Back up plan is always good.

If you haven't seen it already, 100 Ways To Die In Skyrim. I've seen this like ten times and it doesn't get old.

[video=youtube;LmqGHXsF1Lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqGHXsF1Lk[/video]

101... Dragon Priests.

So apparently there is in fact a level cap on this game: its 81. Once you get to that lvl, all your skills are fully upgraded, so I'm pretty sure you can't continue to level up past that point. Still, if you don't take advantage of the book/bookshelf cheat/bug/glitch, getting to 81 will take a very long time.

Juts picked this game up again, for the PC. I was able to transfer my PS3 save data over and then I proceeded to mod the ever-loving crap out of it (mostly visual stuff, though I got some stuff that added survival gameplay elements too). I forgot how insanely addictive it is...it's like an MMO for people like me who suck at socializing online (and don't want to pay monthly subscription fees).

Still not touching the civil war quest line, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back