Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I've never played any Elder Scrolls game. Should I play Skyrim?

I've never played any Elder Scrolls game. Should I play Skyrim?

It's cool if you're a fan of older style RPGs. The graphics are of the "realism means everything is brown" school of design, and the story is kinda big and a little unwieldy. WIth the criticisms out of the way, it's still fun as hell.

I don't know if I'm getting Morrowing mixed up with Thief, but I didn't like either. Although Skyrim looks badass, and the prospect of freezing bears is tempting, I'll probably never get it.

Ok, I need help.

Let me preface by saying that I am one of those that hasn't played an Oblivian game yet. The reason I got Skyrim was because of the hype and because of the fact that I never got into Dragon Age I or II. This game is definitely cool, I enjoy it because it is such an involved game, but that is also where I begin to suck. It's too big for me to wrap my head around what I should concentrate on in order to get better.

So I need help with this one part. I snuck into Thalmor to get information, got all the information, but now it comes to killing a guard in order to get a key to get out. It's gotten to the point where I am detected the moment the game loads, so it's a vicious circle of getting killed, load screen, getting killed. What do I do?

Ok, I need help.

Let me preface by saying that I am one of those that hasn't played an Oblivian game yet. The reason I got Skyrim was because of the hype and because of the fact that I never got into Dragon Age I or II. This game is definitely cool, I enjoy it because it is such an involved game, but that is also where I begin to suck. It's too big for me to wrap my head around what I should concentrate on in order to get better.

So I need help with this one part. I snuck into Thalmor to get information, got all the information, but now it comes to killing a guard in order to get a key to get out. It's gotten to the point where I am detected the moment the game loads, so it's a vicious circle of getting killed, load screen, getting killed. What do I do?

Are you playing on the PS#? I know on the PS3 if you go into Load immediately after it loads up you can reload from a list of previous autosaves so you can back up a bit. I don't know if you can on the 360 or PC.

I need Deadra hearts...

I just noticed there is an anniversary edition of Oblivion available on PS3. Should I play this before Skyrim or does it not matter?

I just noticed there is an anniversary edition of Oblivion available on PS3. Should I play this before Skyrim or does it not matter?

It really doesn't matter. This one's worlds better anyway. I could never get into Oblivion but I'm loving Skyrim.

I am playing on the PS3. I couldn't figure out how to do that autosave trick, I just ended up starting over. I don't mind because my new character has been through less quests but has leveled up so much quicker than my first character. This game is just a ton of fun and definitely a great way to kill time.

I am playing on the PS3. I couldn't figure out how to do that autosave trick, I just ended up starting over. I don't mind because my new character has been through less quests but has leveled up so much quicker than my first character. This game is just a ton of fun and definitely a great way to kill time.

Autosave should be on by default. Manual save is in the Start menu.

Autosave should be on by default. Manual save is in the Start menu.

He ment he couldn't figure out reloading the nondefault autosave.

Beat the hell out of two giants yesterday. I've maxed my Smithing and i'm close on enchanting. My one handed axe hits for over 100 right now.

What levels are everyone at? I haven't picked up the game myself yet, but my buddy grabbed it on release day and is currently at Lvl 81 (he's been playing non-stop apparently--I think he may have found a glitch to take advantage of an XP bug, but he won't share how he did it).

I love the fact that there's no level cap... I can't wait to see some Lvl 200 characters!

I have had the game since it was released and have played pretty infrequently. I'm level 7 right now. Definitely late to the party here.

Latest posts

Back