Elseworlds Game #5: Marvertigo!

I got ideas, like I said before, and no work today, because I make my own schedule and I want a break, so I'll see what I can do.

**** diseases, I don't need to solve them.

THE DEFENDERS

I'm doing a mature revamp for The Defenders, which is a team that has never really fitted in with the rest of the Marvel Universe, and I'm using it to explore the various sides of Marvel we hardly ever see (magic/space/history/mental). I'm imagining this like Seven Soldiers of Victory, where a bunch of character minis conlude in a team mini. This would sort of be the origin of my weird and strange Marvel Vertigo Universe, which would expand into other series afterwards.

Doctor Strange
After infamous surgeon Stephen Strange loses the use of his hands in a drunken automobile accident, he finds himself on a quest to uncover the secrets of magic. This series would deal with the magical side of the Marvel Universe and would feature such characters as: The Ancient One, a master of magic and the current Sorcerer Supreme; Wong, a monk working at The Ancient One's temple, he becomes a good friend to Stephen; Victor Von Doom, heir to the throne of Latveria and a fellow pupil to The Ancient One, he will become Stephen's rival and wishes to use the Sorcerer Supreme's power to heal the scars of his past – by the end of the series, he will have gained his armour and such allies as Mephisto, Dormammu and Baron Mordo; maybe Danny Blaze, a man eternally cursed to ride as the Ghost Rider – Strange may attempt to heal Danny and recruit him in his battle against Doom.

Namor
An amnesiac homeless man wakes up one day realizing he may be the lost prince of the sunken city of Atlantis… and now it's only survivor. This series would deal with the history of the Marvel Universe, as Namor decides whether or not to invade the surface world once and for all. He also tries to figure out the origins of Atlantis and indeed himself, and travels across the surface world, seeking his past. He will come into contact with the Inhumans of Attilan, a race of super beings living on the moon, who Namor may be connected with; the beginnings of mutantkind with En Sabah Nur and his war against the mysterious time traveller/pharaoh/dictator Kang/Rama-Tut/Pope Immortus/Victor Von Doom; the prehistoric Savage Land, protected by the first "science-hero" Ka-Zar; the creation of the superhumans during World War II; and the Asgardian Gods, now reincarnated in human form on earth.

Hulk
Bruce Banner, brilliant scientist and creator of the Gamma Bomb, finds his life turned upside down when he is caught in his own weapon's explosion, changing his life forever. He finds himself changing… not only physically, but mentally. This series would be a modern equivalent of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and would deal with the psyche of a human turning into a monster, or a monster turning into a human. Banner cannot control this large, green side of his and is put into a containment cell. His visitors include General Thunderbolt Ross, a military man who sees Banner as his new weapon; Betty Ross, the source of Bruce's affection and daughter of the Thunderbolt; Doctor Samson, Bruce's psychiatrist/therapist and the guy who wants to heal him; Rick Jones, perhaps Bruce's only real friend. As the story goes on, Bruce finds out he's now sharing his body and mind… with more than one person. There's the green Hulk, the gray Hulk, a She-Hulk, an Abomination, a smart Hulk calling himself the Leader and an increasingly new amount each day. Bruce, Betty and Samson have to figure out a way to stop these Hulks from taking over… before it's too late and Thunderbolt Ross has the very weapon he has been looking for.

Silver Surfer
Norrin Radd, an alien of the planet Zenn-La, made a deal with the devil. By becoming the herald of the mighty world devourer Galactus, he saved his planet from destruction. Now he must race throughout the galaxy, finding sources of food for the mighty Galactus. This series would explore the space side of the Marvel Universe. We would see more of Zenn-La, the other forces of the universe, the creation of the Ultimate Nullifier, a council of Watchers, the origin of the Kree/Skrull War, Captain Marvel vs. Silver Surfer vs. Super Skrull… perhaps the Fantastic Four. And along the way, Radd must figure out whether what he's doing is actually right… before he reaches Earth.

The Defenders
I imagine all of the series ending on a cliffhanger (Strange versus Doom for the title of Sorcerer Supreme/Namor invading New York City/Hulk finally defeating Banner/Silver Surfer and Galactus reaching earth). All of the series would be tied up in a neat one shot/mini which would involve Strange banishing Doom to Hell with Mephisto, Namor defending New York City against something (either an Inhuman, mutant or Asgardian), Banner gaining control of the Hulk and Silver Surfer defeating Galactus. The heroes would eventually meet and decide to form a team called The Defenders, and they would defend the earth from the stranger aspects that the other heroes could not even comprehend.

Last edited:
THE DEFENDERS

Doctor Strange
After infamous surgeon Stephen Strange loses the use of his hands in a drunken automobile accident, he finds himself on a quest to uncover the secrets of magic. This series would deal with the magical side of the Marvel Universe and would feature such characters as: The Ancient One, a master of magic and the current Sorcerer Supreme; Wong, a monk working at The Ancient One's temple, he becomes a good friend to Stephen; Victor Von Doom, heir to the throne of Latveria and a fellow pupil to The Ancient One, he will become Stephen's rival and wishes to use the Sorcerer Supreme's power to heal the scars of his past – by the end of the series, he will have gained his armour and such allies as Mephisto, Dormammu and Baron Mordo; maybe Danny Blaze, a man eternally cursed to ride as the Ghost Rider – Strange may attempt to heal Danny and recruit him in his battle against Doom.

Namor
An amnesiac homeless man wakes up one day realizing he may be the lost prince of the sunken city of Atlantis… and now it's only survivor. This series would deal with the history of the Marvel Universe, as Namor decides whether or not to invade the surface world once and for all. He also tries to figure out the origins of Atlantis and indeed himself, and travels across the surface world, seeking his past. He will come into contact with the Inhumans of Attilan, a race of super beings living on the moon, who Namor may be connected with; the beginnings of mutantkind with En Sabah Nur and his war against the mysterious time traveller/pharaoh/dictator Kang/Rama-Tut/Pope Immortus/Victor Von Doom; the prehistoric Savage Land, protected by the first "science-hero" Ka-Zar; the creation of the superhumans during World War II; and the Asgardian Gods, now reincarnated in human form on earth.

Hulk
Bruce Banner, brilliant scientist and creator of the Gamma Bomb, finds his life turned upside down when he is caught in his own weapon's explosion, changing his life forever. He finds himself changing… not only physically, but mentally. This series would be a modern equivalent of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and would deal with the psyche of a human turning into a monster, or a monster turning into a human. Banner cannot control this large, green side of his and is put into a containment cell. His visitors include General Thunderbolt Ross, a military man who sees Banner as his new weapon; Betty Ross, the source of Bruce's affection and daughter of the Thunderbolt; Doctor Samson, Bruce's psychiatrist/therapist and the guy who wants to heal him; Rick Jones, perhaps Bruce's only real friend. As the story goes on, Bruce finds out he's now sharing his body and mind… with more than one person. There's the green Hulk, the gray Hulk, a She-Hulk, an Abomination, a smart Hulk calling himself the Leader and an increasingly new amount each day. Bruce, Betty and Samson have to figure out a way to stop these Hulks from taking over… before it's too late and Thunderbolt Ross has the very weapon he has been looking for.

Silver Surfer
Norrin Radd, an alien of the planet Zenn-La, made a deal with the devil. By becoming the herald of the mighty world devourer Galactus, he saved his planet from destruction. Now he must race throughout the galaxy, finding sources of food for the mighty Galactus. This series would explore the space side of the Marvel Universe. We would see more of Zenn-La, the other forces of the universe, the creation of the Ultimate Nullifier, a council of Watchers, the origin of the Kree/Skrull War, Captain Marvel vs. Silver Surfer vs. Super Skrull… perhaps the Fantastic Four. And along the way, Radd must figure out whether what he's doing is actually right… before he reaches Earth.

The Defenders
I imagine all of the series ending on a cliffhanger (Strange versus Doom for the title of Sorcerer Supreme/Namor invading New York City/Hulk finally defeating Banner/Silver Surfer and Galactus reaching earth). All of the series would be tied up in a neat one shot/mini which would involve Strange banishing Doom to Hell with Mephisto, Namor defending New York City against something (either an Inhuman, mutant or Asgardian), Banner gaining control of the Hulk and Silver Surfer defeating Galactus. The heroes would eventually meet and decide to form a team called The Defenders, and they would defend the earth from the stranger aspects that the other heroes could not even comprehend.

Awesome.

I've always wondered why they don't do more with Doom's magical aptitude. Waid's Skin Armor just wasn't enough for me.

Latest posts

Back