Spider-Man Emo or Symbiote?

Symbiote or Not?

• Total voters
When Captain America went openly against the government years back when he was against the Vietnam War (I think), he donned a dark outfit and took the name Patriot.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that era of the Cap story was him becoming "Nomad". The dark costume, as I recall, was later in the 80's when he was refusing to be a stooge and became the "Captain", wearing the black costume which would later be used by the USAgent (formerly the Super Patriot), who during that time was Captain America's government yes-man replacement.

Clarification, anyone?

Whoa... I didn't know Cap was against Vietnam. I'm headed to wiki right now to check this out...

And Emo all the way. I like the symbiote, but I like it better as Venom. The black costume is stylish, and would make a statement about the presumably darker (or more confused at least ) peter we will be seeing.

morning

i think it's the black suit not venom as much as i liked it when spidey wore the symbiote it would take a hell of alot for the symbiote to hook up with him again

does anyone think this will have something to do with civil war i mean it's pretty obvious spidey's gonna switch you don't think that tony will clone peter (return of BEN REILLY!!) and program it like thor and have everyone believe thats the real spidey and have peter change the costume because he doesn't won't to wear the iron one

i believe it will be the symbiote,

but i also believe that spidey wont join cap and the other anti-reg ppl.

he will become an entire 3rd side , seeing how spotless this whole civil war thing is

thinkng back

peter always thought fighting his friends is simply a stupid idea , and remember that he even gave cap's shield back to him
if he was fighting iron man that time,he would give his helmet back :)

whereever he goes he wont be accepted , if he stays with the reg heroes,which is impossible cuz he is fightng iron man right now!!!

if he tries to join antireg heroes , which is also impossible cuz he is already registered

andddd pls dont say thats why he is going black again.you cant think someone swinging between skyscrapers and talking annoyingly too much isnt spiderman :D he'll be noticed anyway :D:D

whereever he goes he wont be accepted

Not true. We have already seen that Cap is willing to accept Spider-Man even after registering.

if he tries to join antireg heroes , which is also impossible cuz he is already registered

Just because you're registered doesn't mean you can't go Anti-Reg. Sue and Jonny Storm did it.

Last edited:
i know cap is ready , steve rogers has always been "the angel" of marvel universe

i also know sue and johnny did it , but cmon sue saved them all from thor!!! and johnny is like a sidekick to her.

on the other hand , spidey was iron man's right hand.and i think he took down enough antireg ppl.

still...

after hearing the new thunderbolts team , i guess spidey will be pretty antireg.
(yay! lets imagine spidey fighting side to side with venom and gobby :D)

Well, after hearing about Venom joining the Thunderbolts, the black suit Spider-Man's going to wear is just a regular black suit. :(

Well you never know how long Venom in the thunderbolts may last.

he's the fanboy bait he'll be there for a good long time
Yeah. I mean, with him starting on the team in January, and the Spider-Man story in February, I don't see Spidey having the Venom suit any time soon. Which it sucks a bit since I really was hoping for a reunion here. Hopefully that'll still happen somewhere down the road.

I like the Gargan Venom thing, it's been handled well so far. Change is good, and the Brock Venom had been so utterly thrashed to death. If Ellis hits a home run in Thunderbolts, hopefully this version of the character will get cemented.

I like the Gargan Venom thing, it's been handled well so far. Change is good, and the Brock Venom had been so utterly thrashed to death. If Ellis hits a home run in Thunderbolts, hopefully this version of the character will get cemented.

I like it too, Nick MB. Especially in Beyond!, where Venom has the Scorpian's tail even, only in Venom's black and white.

I like it too, Nick MB. Especially in Beyond!, where Venom has the Scorpian's tail even, only in Venom's black and white.

can someone post a pic or a link of what the new venom looks like. I know the symbol and the eyes are different bu i can't find a pic on it.

can someone post a pic or a link of what the new venom looks like. I know the symbol and the eyes are different bu i can't find a pic on it.

482px-ScorpionVenom.png

He's closer to what Venom originally looked like rather than having the 2 foot long fangs he developed when Bagley started drawing him.

(I blame bagley but I have no idea if he started doing that or if it was someone else)

He's closer to what Venom originally looked like rather than having the 2 foot long fangs he developed when Bagley started drawing him.

(I blame bagley but I have no idea if he started doing that or if it was someone else)

Old school venom was always great when he grew in size depending on how mad he got... I always enjoyed that. I can't remember if they still do that or not.

Latest posts

Back