Entourage

How about this week's episode?

I thought it diverted a lot of attention away from Vince, but that's probably what they were going for...

Not much else to talk about other than Johnny Drama punching the hell outta Seth Green. :lol: That was so awesome.

Man this week's episode was great!!!

I don't which was funnier:
- Drama acting gay and not even knowing it
or
- Drama flying across the room to punch Seth Green

.....but yeah....with only 4 episodes left in the season they are building towardsthe ending I thought they would with all the guys getting ready to be able to stand on their own.

This show is too awesome!!!

Great show...

Ari and Lloyd are funny as hell.

I think the finale is going to be pretty interesting... Needless to say.

:shock:

I can't believe everyone is in love with this show. Its. Not. That. Good.

There. I said it. I just saw my first episode last night (where they judge the stripper contest in Vegas), and it wasnt clever, and the acting was okay, but nothin special. Seriously, this comes across as a bunch of ego-driven, self congragulatory crap.... enjoyed by the same voyeuristic crowd that buys people magazine because...well, I dont know why.

I'd rather read a book, or hell, even just stare at a wall instead of watch this show.

It does. At least in my mind. Care to elaborate as to why?
Gee now I want to know why it makes sense to you. :lol: Perhaps you should elaborate as well, haha. Anyway...

First, let me start by saying that I generally don't like laugh tracks in my comedy. They're not totally unenjoyable in a comedy that is actually funny, but when they're employed in comedy that's NOT funny like say Will and Grace or Friends it gets grating.

Second, I'm a big fan of the politically incorrect, riotously satirical, heinously offensive comedy show. One of my favorite comedy shows of ALL time is Action, the 1999 TV series featuring Jay Mohr as a morally bankrupt Hollywood producer. (Hell, I wrote most of the Wiki entry to it)

With those two things in mind, many people recommended the show to me because it featured Hollywood types being in riotously offensive and politically incorrect situations. And it's routinely praised like hell and has been pretty much received well by a large audience.

But where Action is about a guy who, in the face of box office failure and life crisis, is trying to find his moral and spiritual center amidst an environment devoid of such things, Entourage is about a bunch of guys trying to 'keep it real' with each other in the frightening terrain of Hollywood.

Not that this makes one series inherently better than the other. It's just that its a more social series that focuses on the interactions of the four as they try to not stab each other and leech off each other and stay friends while still trying to pursue their selfish interests.

Now my problem is that because there IS NO LAUGH TRACK in Entourage, it's very easy for the more thick-skulled viewers I know to actually not be able to recognize when the series is actually condoning a certain action, or mocking it with irony.

As such, Entourage has become a series that makes men and boys laugh at the stupid things that men and boys do without questioning them. Unintentionally, the absence of a laugh track allows audiences to pick and choose what behavior is being approved or mocked, regardless of whether the producers intended to or not.

And that's why I hate it.

Entourage (Discussion)

Another thread that I knew once existed, but could not find now...

Anyone tuning to watch the new episodes? I really like this show and the direction it is taking now, where Ari is on the outs, but Vinny is still interested in his party, is a really cool angle. Can't wait to see more of the second part of the third season. Should be good.

I find it wrong to solicit Entourage as a comedy. I noticed onDEMAND stamps Entourage as a "comedy", however, there are more layers to the show than that. Sure, there is a great number of times when the show is funny, but the show also packs a dramatic punch that is often times underestimated. This isn't a sitcom where laugh tracks would add to the enjoyment of the show or make the humor a little weaker by stamping a "this should be funny" subtitle on it.

Well Ourchair's reasons make sense.

It's kinda hard to describe Entourage without the phrase "Sex In The City for men".

I can see why HBO would list this as a comedy. There are plenty of laugh outloud moments. But it's not overtly funny. But at the same time---it's not fair to HBO's other dramas like Sopranos, Rome, The Wire, etc., to list Entourage as a drama. Mainly because it's so much more of a light fare.

So yeah. I understand where Ourchair is coming from. It's written brilliantly....but at the show's core--it's nothing more than 4 guys undeservedly living it up in Hollywood. Aside from Eric and Ari, there is no character development as opposed to it's female counterpart.

It's 3 seasons in and if it wants to stick around for another 2-3 seasons.....the show is gonna need to step it up beyond the plot of Vince searching for his white whale and the rest of the gang mooching off him.

Hope that makes sense.

The last scene from this week's episode will stay with me for a while.

That's not a good thing.

Holy **** Johnny Drama.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back