Evil dead 4

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Swore we had a thread on this but anyway...

According to the horror helmer, he's dead keen to see a new director take on the original.

"I have talked with my partners about having a young director come in and remake Evil Dead," he revealed. "That film was made in 16mm on a shoestring budget and blown up to 35mm. The visual effects are crumby, it was done in mono, not even stereo, let alone 5.1. What you could do with it now would be so much better.

"I think if you had a new director using the full power of 35mm and 5.1 sound, you could really make a pretty socko presentation. It was always meant for the big screen, but never really seen on the big screen"

But what of Evil Dead 4, Raimi's long-mooted sequel to the trilogy. When IGN caught up with star Bruce Campbell earlier in the year, he was hesitant about signing up for a fourth, claiming that the fan backlash to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull should give everyone involved pause for thought.

More info here http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/962/962774p1.html

Noooo!! I don't want a remake, damnit!!

And seriously, if you give this to another director, it's going to end up looking like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, and Friday the 13th remakes. Or basically any other horror movie made in the last 5-6 years.

Last edited:
I liked Rob Zombies Halloween remake, though TCM and F13 both blew
And I would see an Evil Dead remake, only because I have such love for the originals, but a 4th film would be best, with Campbell and Rami together

And I would see an Evil Dead remake, only because I have such love for the originals, but a 4th film would be best, with Campbell and Rami together

The Halloween remake was horrible. As for an evil dead remake .... depends on who it was. A 4th would be great but what would it be about.

Seriously though who would play Bruce Campbell's character in a remake? He brought so much to that role that there's no point in even trying to replicate it. So who would play the survivor in an Evil Dead remake? Obviously there's nothing wrong with casting unknowns since that's what they did for the original, but talent like Bruce Campbell only comes around once in a great while. And I like the second one best anyway, with the chainsaw. That's movie history right there.

Seriously though who would play Bruce Campbell's character in a remake? He brought so much to that role that there's no point in even trying to replicate it. So who would play the survivor in an Evil Dead remake? Obviously there's nothing wrong with casting unknowns since that's what they did for the original, but talent like Bruce Campbell only comes around once in a great while. And I like the second one best anyway, with the chainsaw. That's movie history right there.

Did you read it?

When IGN caught up with star Bruce Campbell earlier in the year, he was hesitant about signing up for a fourth, claiming that the fan backlash to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull should give everyone involved pause for thought.

That means Bruce Campbell is considering signing on he's not 100% sure but he'll be thinking on it. So "who would play Bruce Campbell's character?" How about ..... Bruce Campbell

The Halloween remake was horrible. As for an evil dead remake .... depends on who it was. A 4th would be great but what would it be about.

Of the slew of remakes that have been pouring out of hollywood, i would say Halloween was the best. I like all of Zombies movies, simply cause he is one of the only horror directors that still knows how to deliver.

A fouth one could barrow some of the plot of the Army of Darkness comic from Top Cow.
1. Ash and a few survivors have to fight off the deadites in S-Mart, picking up right where Army of Darkness left off, barracading themselves and the demons inside, or
2. It's years later (to make up for Campbells ageing) and Ash has been rotting away in an insane asylem after the body's of his friends are found in the cabin, and the deadite he killed in S-mart, and would'nt you know it, the damned book has found it's way into the hands of his doctor, or someone, freeing the deadites and leaving Ash and some loonys to fight them off in the asylum.

Or a whole new story, written by Raimi himself, I would'nt care. But it could be done.

If you mean in a remake, then I was thinking the dude who plays Stiffler in the American Pie movies would make a good Ash. I can't think of his name right now, but the guy can easily pull off the bumbiling oaf and the bad *** with a chainsaw for a hand. He's been in both comedys and action flicks, and he's got my vote.

and yeah, Dead By Dawn is easily the best of them, just GROOVY

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd assume, since Evil Dead 2 was really just a remake in its own right, that any new remake would incorporate bits and pieces of the first two. At this point, it really wouldn't be Evil Dead without a chainsaw arm.

It was kinda a Remake. They wanted to use fottage from the first one for the begining of the second one, but for some reason they could'nt, so, instead of refilming the main plot points from ED and bringing in actors to fill in the roles they decided to just have Ash and his girlfriend for a short recap. The part where Ash is thrown threw the woods and possessed is really where ED2 starts.

Did you read it?

That means Bruce Campbell is considering signing on he's not 100% sure but he'll be thinking on it. So "who would play Bruce Campbell's character?" How about ..... Bruce Campbell

Yeah I read it, the first sentence said that Raimi was thinking about having a young director come in and remake Evil Dead.

As for Bruce Campbell playing Ash in a remake, he's a lot older now, so it would probably have to be a sequel.

Of the slew of remakes that have been pouring out of hollywood, i would say Halloween was the best. I like all of Zombies movies, simply cause he is one of the only horror directors that still knows how to deliver.

A fouth one could barrow some of the plot of the Army of Darkness comic from Top Cow.
1. Ash and a few survivors have to fight off the deadites in S-Mart, picking up right where Army of Darkness left off, barracading themselves and the demons inside, or
2. It's years later (to make up for Campbells ageing) and Ash has been rotting away in an insane asylem after the body's of his friends are found in the cabin, and the deadite he killed in S-mart, and would'nt you know it, the damned book has found it's way into the hands of his doctor, or someone, freeing the deadites and leaving Ash and some loonys to fight them off in the asylum.

Or a whole new story, written by Raimi himself, I would'nt care. But it could be done.

If you mean in a remake, then I was thinking the dude who plays Stiffler in the American Pie movies would make a good Ash. I can't think of his name right now, but the guy can easily pull off the bumbiling oaf and the bad *** with a chainsaw for a hand. He's been in both comedys and action flicks, and he's got my vote.

and yeah, Dead By Dawn is easily the best of them, just GROOVY

Rob Zombie's movies are ok, but they're a lot like each other. Devil's Rejects is my favorite of his movies. I don't think Sean William Scott (Stiffler) would be right for the role. I don't think anybody would. It's kind of pointless to do a remake, because the low-budget and the amateur-ness and the camera angles were what made the first two so great. Army of Darkness was my least favorite of them. The second is my favorite.

I'd assume, since Evil Dead 2 was really just a remake in its own right, that any new remake would incorporate bits and pieces of the first two. At this point, it really wouldn't be Evil Dead without a chainsaw arm.

I agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Dead_(series)#Remake said:
It had been confirmed that a remake would be made of The Evil Dead. It would have been produced by Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi, but was not to include the Ash character. It was also said that the movie would be about a group of teenagers that go to the cabin and find the book, and the similarities with the original would end there.

However, in August 2007, Bruce Campbell revealed in a radio interview that the proposed remake was "going nowhere" and "fizzled" due to extremely negative fan reaction.

There have recently been more rumors however that a re-write of a script is being reviewed and Bruce Campbell suggested that in true style of Sam Rami's films he would do a cameo role, jokingly suggesting that it would be a remake/sequel and Knowby's ghost would be replaced by ghostly Ash.

Latest posts

Back