Ex-Reluctant Reader

Frapalino

I heard about the Ultimate Universe a few years ago and I thought it was a stupid idea and eventually gonna end up like Infinate Earths but I finaly gave in the other day and bought The Ultimates TPB #1 and Ultimate Spiderman TPB #1 and Ultimate X-Men TPB #1. I was wondering if this was the best way to get caught up on the Universe? Also are all the minis released in collections or are they all only single issues?

I'm really glad I gave in because I had a really good time reading all those books. I'm just wanting some suggestions on how I should go about reading them all. and if there are any books i could skip? cause cash flow is low. anyways thanks for y'alls future help.

oh yeah, i'm also confused on what the 2 in The Ultimates 2 is about

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :D

All of the Ultimate comics id released in trades so you can get them that way if you are low on cash.
There aren't many ultimate comics (Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Ultimates) and some minis but the four main ones are the one you should focus on.

The 2 in Ultimates is that the current run is version 2 of the Ultimates comics. The existing issues up to date is Version 1 issues 1-13 and version 2 1-5.

Frapalino said:
I heard about the Ultimate Universe a few years ago and I thought it was a stupid idea and eventually gonna end up like Infinate Earths but I finaly gave in the other day and bought The Ultimates TPB #1 and Ultimate Spiderman TPB #1 and Ultimate X-Men TPB #1. I was wondering if this was the best way to get caught up on the Universe? Also are all the minis released in collections or are they all only single issues?

I'm really glad I gave in because I had a really good time reading all those books. I'm just wanting some suggestions on how I should go about reading them all. and if there are any books i could skip? cause cash flow is low. anyways thanks for y'alls future help.

Welcome brother.

I just got into comics this past November. I walked into the store and my comic shop owner steered me towards the Ultimates Vol. 1 Trade... well, by Feburary I had bought EVERYTHING. So It only took me about 3 months to become an Ultimate Universe expert :shifty:

So yeah, buy the trades and hook up with the site regularly and you'll be hoppin' on the good foot and doin' the bad thing just like the rest of us.

Welcome again Frapalino :twisted:

Frapalino said:

Welcome to the wonderful, funderful world of Ultimate Central!

Welcome man! Glad to have you!

The 2 in Ultimates 2, as UW said, means its the second volume. But its Kinda catchy, huh?

Frapalino said:

Welcome - great to have you. You've come to the right place for Ultimates questions.

All Ultimate books are released in TPB format. There really isn't a best place to start, since each book is pretty well self contained. So as long as you start with the first volume of any given book, you're set.

Ultimates 2 is simply the second "season" of Ultimates. Millar is writing this as a sequel to Ultimates, which ran 13 issues as stated previously. Think of it in movie terms - Ultimates, then the sequel Ultimates 2.

thanks

thanks a lot. i kinda expected y'all to be all elitest and junk and offer no help. i actually just went and bought the UXM v. 2. i think i got it all down now, but i probably don't. maybe i'll soon catch up to the current and actually be able to discuss. thanks again.

Although you'd never get MWOF to admit it, the Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra and Ultimate Elektra can easily be skipped until you have more money, as can Ultimate Nightmare, and the current portion of the trilogy, Ultimate Secret. All of them do add more to the back-story of the universe, and Nightmare and Secret are pushing towards the appearance of Galactus, and I think lead into some other big event, but for now, they're relatively useless as far as understanding the big four (USM, UXM, UFF, Ultimates) go. Ultimate Marvel Team-Up does help you understand some more about the universe, but it's not a required read either.

I'd reccomend getting the Hardcovers myself. You get oversized art, DVD style extras at the end, and anywhere from 11-13 issues for $30. Not to mention you can easily find them for $20 a pop online.

So far there's U Spider-Man 1-5
Ultimate X-Men 1-4
The Ultimates 1
And Ultimate Marvel team-Up 1 (Out of print, and damn hard to find, but it is like 18 issues for MSRP $40)

With U Fantastic Four coming out next month.

jtg3885 said:
Although you'd never get MWOF to admit it, the Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra and Ultimate Elektra can easily be skipped until you have more money,

No, I'll admit it. The Ultimate Elektra/Daredevil can be skipped because it's not as important but it's still good/fun when you have time to get around to it.

Latest posts

Back