Fantastic 4 cartoon News

6:30 tomorrow night in uk. for uk people wishing to watch

"Hoping it's like Teen Titans."

There's something I never expected to hear.
I still have no idea why so many people hate the Teen Titans cartoon so much.

Also, the 'first' episode of Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, "Trial by Fire" premiered on Cartoon Network Philippines two days ago. I saw it and I just thought the writing was pretty lazy... not patently bad, just damn lazy.

The story concept was nothing we haven't seen before in treatments of the characters --- Johnny goes on trial, everyone defends him as someone inherently good in spite of his surface jerktitude --- and therefore can't be considered 'bad' just cause.

The problem was that it was so empty in execution. Susan and Reed and Ben couldn't really stand up for Johnny in any real way, and eventually devolves into an excuse for a fight scene: The Four, in standing up for Johnny, must now suffer the execution --- via extraterrestial ZOID tigers --- while holding of Ronan the Accuser.

Eventually, Johnny absolves himself by saving a little Kree kid from one of the ZOIDS and the Kree Supreme Intelligence acquits him.

Like I said, the writing's not downright awful, it's just lazy. Which I think is worse.

I still have no idea why so many people hate the Teen Titans cartoon so much.

Also, the 'first' episode of Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, "Trial by Fire" premiered on Cartoon Network Philippines two days ago. I saw it and I just thought the writing was pretty lazy... not patently bad, just damn lazy.

The story concept was nothing we haven't seen before in treatments of the characters --- Johnny goes on trial, everyone defends him as someone inherently good in spite of his surface jerktitude --- and therefore can't be considered 'bad' just cause.

The problem was that it was so empty in execution. Susan and Reed and Ben couldn't really stand up for Johnny in any real way, and eventually devolves into an excuse for a fight scene: The Four, in standing up for Johnny, must now suffer the execution --- via extraterrestial ZOID tigers --- while holding of Ronan the Accuser.

Eventually, Johnny absolves himself by saving a little Kree kid from one of the ZOIDS and the Kree Supreme Intelligence acquits him.

Like I said, the writing's not downright awful, it's just lazy. Which I think is worse.

Just watched the episode and I will agree it was lazy writing. However to me it seemed like an intro to the characters incase you don't know who they are.

The ending with the Kree leader I liked only beacuse it sounds like they are going to be involved in a war. That will be interesting if they keep it up.

The animation I loved. The voice acting was nice on everyone except Reed i felt his voice sounded like it was in a studio and natural.

that said I'm going to continue watching it it seemed better than people said.

I'm not going to post for every episode but the second episode "Doomed" I think it's called was just on here.

Now that episode kicked ***. Ok reed's voice was still bad but i'm guessing that won't change. The story and writing was much better than the first episode and it has 2 things I absolutely loved

1st , Doom. He sounded great and looked cool but the important thing was he was NOT movie doom. I assumed he would be but he wasn't he more like the comics doom and therefore cool.

2nd I don't know about anyone else but I was like OH HELL YEAH and reed (in doom's body) blew up a little flying robot then said "Sorry herbie" I loved that Herbie hopefully will return.

This cartoon quickly improved from first episode to second. I'm hoping the other marvel ones coming out will be like this (maybe a bit better)

They have new episodes Namor was in last saturdays episode(ankle wings and all)

I'm still awed at the terribleness of that spray-painted 4 on Thing. :sick:
The only way they could top that for horroribleness is to make him wear a big shiny piece of bling with the 4 logo for some hip hop style.

Latest posts

Back