Fantastic 4 members

Which pair will join the FF after Civil War?

• Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Human Galactus and Silver Surfer

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Storm and Black Panther

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • She-Hulk and Hawkeye

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

bluebeast

In Wizard #175 it stated that the Fantastic Four will get two new members and listed these possible couples. My choice is Hawkeye and She-Hulk. Who do you think it will be?

Also, which two members won't be on the Fantastic Four? My picks, Johnny and Sue.

Hmmm...looks like it's time to drop Fantastic 4.

You just know it'll be for a few issues. No matter the changes they're currently making, there is absolutely no way Marvel would make such a drastic change for anything more than a few issues.

That would be like making Wolverine regain his memory, or giving Spiderman mystical totem like origins, or turning Wanda insane or something.

Hang on.

E said:
Hmmm...looks like it's time to drop Fantastic 4.
HA!:lol:

I voted Cage and Jones. Only because while I'd LOVE to see to BP and Storm on the team. There is no way they would have two black people on the FF. But then who knows.... Cage is a convicted felon, maybe I picked a bad set.

It'll be Hawkeye and She-Hulk.

She-Hulk's been on the FF before...

Honestly, I just hope that if Johnny really does die (like I think he will), and Sue really does leave the Fantastic Four, she better join a superhero team.

Susan Storm is such a fantastic character when properly handled.

But she won't die, and the Fantastic Four will be the old fantastic four again, but I don't think it will be for a long while.

What NEEDS to happen is for Franklin to get his damn powers back. He doesn't work as a boring little kid.

Anyone noticed how he's been shoved to the background now that he isn't powerful?

Now THATS good parenting.

Well it can't be Thor since Miller comfirmed it to be two of those eight. Miller also did say two people from Captain Mar Vehl, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, and Thor would be back, so there's that.

What's Frank Miller doing at Marvel?

But isn't 'hawkeye' going to be the name of the girl in young avengers????
I just couldn't see Clint joining the Fantastic Four........

I don't see an all-honkie post Civil War Fantastic Four. Wasn't the point of the Civil War to break up these segregated white enclaves? ;P

So: Luke Cage and Jessica Jones? Or Storm and Black Panther?

Luke and Jessica!

David Blue said:
Or Storm and Black Panther?
Does anyone else get the urge to kick Marvel in the face for the Black People Marry Black People! line? They had canon history about...oh, twenty, thirty years ago. It isn't necessarily grounds to have them shacking up.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hey man, She-Hulk is Green.
But is she green enough?

She's a watermelon: green on the outside and caucasian pink (Jennifer Walters) on the inside. For adding needed diversity to the Fantastic Four, she doesn't cut it.

In any case, I think the Fantastic Four need a solid couple.

The 616 Reed Richards and Sue Storm aren't it. If they were going to bond solidly, they would have done so decades ago. But that didn't happen, as the Civil War demonstrates.

The best idea would be to toss them, bring in a real married couple and stick to it, turning the 616 Fantastic Four into a solid family book.

I don't thing Fantastic Four stands for much if it doesn't stand for family. So by mild means if possible or radical ones if necessary, you have to get back to a family concept.

I think this would be the best line-up.

Storm - leader - a superior replacement for Sue Storm
Black Panther - a superior replacement for Reed Richards
Human Torch
Thing

That's healthier team, with more potential to play nicely together. It's also a juicer, funkier, more interesting team, with a more nature-oriented feel, as opposed to the ethnocentric, trite and sterile idea of the "four elements".

Go for it - and stick to it. Don't muck up the married love relationship with the gimmick of the month. Let it consolidate. And let the team settle down permanently around that couple.

Reed Richards would make a great technical support for Tony Stark. He can easily find a team spot somewhere in the Marvel universe. I don't see him as a solo character.

Sue Storm and Franklin aren't really needed in the Marvel universe and would make good dramatic casualties. Sue Storm would make an excellent Gwen Stacy.

The revised and diverse Fantastic Four would be a more stable proposition without her alive and potentially able to return.

This avoids the divorce taboo in the cleanest way. And it fits with comic convention as to what happens to a hero's girlfriend or unneeded wife.

There will always be people who see the movie or the DVD and want to read Fantastic Four comics about Reed and Sue and Ben and Johnny; but that's what Ultimate Fantastic Four is for.

As my poll vote for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones indicates, I don't think this will happen.

Instead, I see Jessica Jones advancing her career through an established team, and Luke Cage returning to the Fantastic Four gig he's done before.

This is a less stable setup, as Luke Cage has been in and out of the Fantastic Four before, and I don't see Jessica Jones' career stopping permanently with the Fantastic Four (or with Luke Cage).

So that would pave the way for the eventual return of Reed Richards and Sue Storm in some sort of low trust relationship, which is pretty much what they have now. It's the long way round to get where we started - which after all is typical of comic book soap opera. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back