Fantastic Four #12... Speculation and Spoilers

Goodwill

Well, the issue that will explain it all is due out this week. Yes, folks, the Doom arc will be finished by tomorrow! What are you all expecting? Anything in particular?

I know, for one, I'd love to see more fight in the Fantastic Four. Doom took them out fairly easy and I thought that there team consisted more of a one shot take down. I mean, the person you would expect to be the weakest, Reed, is the one that's still standing. What's with that?

I'd also like to see more of Doom's story. I know we won't get that, but I know there has to be more to Doom than what we've seen.

I would like to see an explanation of his followers, too. They seem to just be there taking advantage of him and I would like to see what their actual role in this arc is... It would be a terrible waste to just have them follow him without actually using them. That would have been a failed plot if that had been the case.

What do you guys think?

I know, for one, I'd love to see more fight in the Fantastic Four. Doom took them out fairly easy and I thought that there team consisted more of a one shot take down. I mean, the person you would expect to be the weakest, Reed, is the one that's still standing. What's with that?

My guess is that since these two have been rivals for so long, it was inevitable.

But what I'm expecting is to see how Doom will be taken down. I'm wondering if it will be just Reed who defeats him, or if the others come back and help out.

I did also think that Doom took the 4 down too easy with one shot. Also, I'm thinking that in UFF there won't be a "Dr." Doom; just 'Doom' right?

Last edited:
I guess you are right about the whole "Doctor" thing. I think it's just "Doom" but he still goes by Victor. After all, remember that Reed isn't going by Mr. Fantastic (yet).

Rivalries are cool, but when this is a team book, you can't just dispose of the characters like that just to play one out... Doom versus Reed should be interesting and all, but to fully appreciate a fight in a team book, you want the others to be involved, too.

icemastertron said:
Also, I'm thinking that in UFF there won't be a "Dr." Doom; kust 'Doom' right?

Looks that way. I like it better - "Doctor Doom" is childish. "Doom" is much cooler.

Actually, he isn't even really "Doom".

UltimateE said:
Looks that way. I like it better - "Doctor Doom" is childish. "Doom" is much cooler.

Actually, he isn't even really "Doom".

That's true. I guess I'm thinking that since the arc is called "Doom".

The arc's name could be figuratively. This is the Fantastic Four's worst doom, or at least Reed's, Victor.

To be honest, I'm actually expecting a ninja-rubber-band-ball-death-flick-attack or something similar from Reed. I hope it isn't as simple as that but I'm afraid it will be.

Well, unfortunately, I'm going to disagree with you. I definitely think that Warren Ellis is a little smarter than that... Reed may do something like that but that will not be the final blow.

Latest posts

Back