Farscape?

Synch

Has anyone else seen this? I came home from the club last week around 3.5 and this was on. It's kinda weird but I think I like it, I just don't know what it's about. It's a sci-fi show and theres people on a ship and there's one human and a couple hot alien broads. Whatsup?

I just know the premise, so I'll try to fill you in.

The humans are trying to develop subspace travel, and one man figures out a formula to open up wormholes. SO, he does, but a slar flare at the same time causes the wormhole not to be opened to the other side of the world, but into the other side of the galaxy. He appears inside a prison ship, that's alive. HE rescues some prisoners, mainly the hot alien broads, and thet over throw the warden and the guards.

From there he tries to find his way home, but he is slowly becoming insane because of the wormhole formula. It's eating away at his rational.

Ultimate Houde said:
I just know the premise, so I'll try to fill you in.

The humans are trying to develop subspace travel, and one man figures out a formula to open up wormholes. SO, he does, but a slar flare at the same time causes the wormhole not to be opened to the other side of the world, but into the other side of the galaxy. He appears inside a prison ship, that's alive. HE rescues some prisoners, mainly the hot alien broads, and thet over throw the warden and the guards.

From there he tries to find his way home, but he is slowly becoming insane because of the wormhole formula. It's eating away at his rational.

Good summary Houde. By the way, the ship they're on is a living being.

I used to love this show, had all the DVDs, etc. It really was a lot of fun to watch. Matter of fact, I think I started a thread on it here somewhere...it might've been deleted since it was awhile ago, who knows?

Anyway, I'd recommend people give this show a chance. It only lasted 4 seasons, but I know I enjoyed it.

This was one of my favorite shows years back. Farscape made me wairy of the decision making abilities of SCI-FI channel execs.

The canceling all came about after there was some kind of shake up at SCIFI. The result was they decided to cancel Farscape which at the time was their highest rated show. This came as quite a shock to the creators who had planned on two more seasons before ending the show. They handed down the order that SCIFI channel would not be ordering another season of Farscape right after they finished shooting what they then believed would be a season finale and instantly became the series finale. Their justification was that it was their most expensive show and they could afford to continue with it, but, as the highest rated show, it also brought in the most ad revenue. They follow up the series with a mini-series that gave the series a proper send off, but I just could never trust SCIFI execs to keep a show on the air for all the right reasons.

MaxwellSmart said:
This was one of my favorite shows years back. Farscape made me wairy of the decision making abilities of SCI-FI channel execs.

The canceling all came about after there was some kind of shake up at SCIFI. The result was they decided to cancel Farscape which at the time was their highest rated show. This came as quite a shock to the creators who had planned on two more seasons before ending the show. They handed down the order that SCIFI channel would not be ordering another season of Farscape right after they finished shooting what they then believed would be a season finale and instantly became the series finale. Their justification was that it was their most expensive show and they could afford to continue with it, but, as the highest rated show, it also brought in the most ad revenue. They follow up the series with a mini-series that gave the series a proper send off, but I just could never trust SCIFI execs to keep a show on the air for all the right reasons.

We could be optimistic and hope they learned a lesson from it...but I doubt it. However, at least BSG is still running strong...thats pretty much the only show I watch on Sci-Fi now.

I never heard of the show, before just a couple weeks ago. But it comes on the WB now, so I guess they are showing reruns. But I think I'm really digging it. The white and black alien is pretty hot. Anyway, I guess I'm gonna have to rent out some of the DVD's if I want to see some more of this since it only comes out once a week.

Latest posts

Back