Fate of 1610 (Opinions)

showcase2264

I don't know about you guys but I think the ultimate line is at its end. Pretty much no x-men, just some blonde/Logan/high school drama, the F4 is kinda there, I just wanna see how it turns out with Reed. Of the ultimates/avengers only hawkeye and cap'n'merka haven't been completely ruined, Thor went from being a hippie liberal to ye olden english Viking like brute, WTF?! You got 2 dead Daredevils. Not seeing enough of the new Blk Widow. Did Elektra survive the ultimatum wave? We have a missing dr. Strange corpse. No major super villains in the horizon. Spidey supposedly getting killed off, although its probably the one Fury has locked up. And Gregory Stark? How does he tie in to the ult iron man minis? Where's the real Banner? And Loeb still writing for ultimate titles!? The only good things that came of ultimatum were Hank Pym dying and bringing back Fury. As for quicksilver taking orders from some unknown woman, I think its Zarda, if u look at the shadowed figure she wears sleeves similar to Zarda earlier in ultimatum. What do u guys think? Cancelled? Restore to its prime or wait it out till it's obvious it shouldn't be on shelves anymore?

First of all, welcome showcase2264!

I just want you to know that you're probably the 789th newcomer to try to start a thread along these lines (i'm pretty sure I did the same thing when i first started posting a few years ago). That's why you won't get very many responses to this. Don't be discouraged, keep posting, we're glad you're here!

we need to start a thread called "Failed threads started by Innocent Bystanders trying to start generic discussions about the future of the Ultimate universe" and move all of these there.

First of all, welcome showcase2264!

I just want you to know that you're probably the 789th newcomer to try to start a thread along these lines (i'm pretty sure I did the same thing when i first started posting a few years ago). That's why you won't get very many responses to this. Don't be discouraged, keep posting, we're glad you're here!

we need to start a thread called "Failed threads started by Innocent Bystanders trying to start generic discussions about the future of the Ultimate universe" and move all of these there.

Is this an homage to the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #500?

also, whenever someone says something random that confuses you, assume it's an inside joke. It's probably a good idea to spend some time browsing [thread=7281]the museum[/thread]

Welcome Showcase!

As for quicksilver taking orders from some unknown woman, I think its Zarda, if u look at the shadowed figure she wears sleeves similar to Zarda earlier in ultimatum.

I'm pretty sure the woman Quicksilver was taking orders from at the end of Ultimatum was his and Scarlet Witch's mother, Magda. Hence the flashback in Ultimates 3 to Wolverine sleeping with her and Magneto catching them...re-reading that sentence, I wish to God I was being sarcastic, but I'm serious...seriously.

I think this is another part of Loeb's plan to kill off the Ultimate universe characters and replace them with unimaginative, shallow, and uninteresting proxies of themselves.

I don't know about you guys but I think the ultimate line is at its end. Pretty much no x-men, just some blonde/Logan/high school drama, the F4 is kinda there, I just wanna see how it turns out with Reed. Of the ultimates/avengers only hawkeye and cap'n'merka haven't been completely ruined, Thor went from being a hippie liberal to ye olden english Viking like brute, WTF?! You got 2 dead Daredevils. Not seeing enough of the new Blk Widow. Did Elektra survive the ultimatum wave? We have a missing dr. Strange corpse. No major super villains in the horizon. Spidey supposedly getting killed off, although its probably the one Fury has locked up. And Gregory Stark? How does he tie in to the ult iron man minis? Where's the real Banner? And Loeb still writing for ultimate titles!? The only good things that came of ultimatum were Hank Pym dying and bringing back Fury. As for quicksilver taking orders from some unknown woman, I think its Zarda, if u look at the shadowed figure she wears sleeves similar to Zarda earlier in ultimatum. What do u guys think? Cancelled? Restore to its prime or wait it out till it's obvious it shouldn't be on shelves anymore?

Most of it sucks and has sucked for a quite a while. I think it got really bad around the time of Ultimate Power, but really, things probably started around the time that Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men got Z-list writers dropped on them.

Are we expecting some kind of reboot or something after Death of Spider-Man/Ultimates vs. Ultimate Avengers or whatever it's called? I don't remember if anyone suggested that.

i remember when 1610 was triumphant over 616 or even at odds with each other but man it just became 616 without the mutant agenda. well at least mark bagley is back.

I'm more interested in what exactly this Death of Ultimate Spidey is supposed to be. It's been discussed before, I believe, that USM is still too high among Marvel's best-selling titles for cancelling it to makes sense, and while I don't expect anything to make sense from a narrative perspective in the Ultimate Universe anymore, I think it's worth mentioning that this was already done, what? Two years ago? I'm still expecting Marvel to be planning something other than the literal death of Spidey out of this, whether it be Millar's Spider, Peter joining SHIELD and giving up the identity, or what have you. Bendis has set a bunch of stuff up in the book, and you'd think he'd have been in on this from its conception. Call me optimistic.

Still, the Ultimate universe is all but dead. There's USM that's still good, sure, but New Ultimates and Ultimate X haven't had anything resembling a regular release schedule, Avengers is mediocre at best, and all the others are a bunch of decent-to-bad 4-issue minis. It's pretty clear that the post-Ultimatum restructuring didn't work, and I'm not even sure why Marvel thought it would. Nothing changed. All the same writers remained on with Loeb as the architect, arguably exactly what got the UU in the state it was in pre-Ultimatum. I personally think it was their Ultimate-izing of the 616 universe that screwed the UU over; how can it be new and fresh when the universe everybody is used to is doing the same thing? And so 1610 has occupied this bizarre nowhere-state for the past 4 years or so, unsure of what to do with itself. Should it be canceled? Sure. Everything but Spidey (though I love that book, so there's bias there).

Does anybody have sales numbers for the other books, like Avengers and New Ultimates and the like?

I believe, that USM is still too high among Marvel's best-selling titles for cancelling it to makes sense

That's why it will never happen. It's just another marketing gimmick and will be proven as such.

I've been here for years and still don't know what 1610 is.

Latest posts

Back