Favorite incarnation of a character

Grocer Man

What it says on the tin. Obviously, this includes reboots, AUs, and adaptations in other media.

Janet Van Dyke: Giant Girl from the Marvel Adventures line
Just cooler then her other incarnations. Also, given the nature of her line, isn't likely to die a crappy death anytime soon.

Megatron: Megatron from Beast Wars
One of my favorite villains ever, and consistently entertaining. G1 Megatron never did much for me, though Animated Megatron is pretty cool.

My favourite Megatron is from transformers armada same with Starscream. Here is why.

Megatron - He was a tank. This is important as he had the all the firepower of the gun but did not need another person to shoot him or move him he was completely mobile. The character himself seemed to be more darker and sinister at times leading in a great way. Also he was a great fighter, In G1 fist fight optimus would always beat him easily. This one could go toe to toe with him and so was a better Nemesis.

Starscream - Always my favourite. In armada he kept the sly "lets over throw Megatron" part of him but they added more. No longer a coward he could fight Megatron one on one, He showed no fear even against Unicron. His death was cool as hell unlike movie death. He wanted to beat Megatron so much he became an autobot for awhile. All around he seemed more badass than ever.

I have decided this thread has too much potential to simply let die.

Wanda Maximoff-616, Old-school Avenger- I grew up with the Kurt Busiek run of Avengers, so I've always liked her old school. None of that crazy House of M stuff Bendis did. Her X-Men Evolution portrayal is a close second for such a cool reinvention of the character.

Bart Allen-Impulse- I don't hate what's been done with him recently, but he was just always most fun as Impulse.

Supergirl-Cosmic Adventures-It's a combo of Sabrina the Teenaged Witch and Invader Zim. And it works.

Gwen Stacy-The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon-I was actually disapointed when they changed her outfit to better fit the comics.

Janet Van Dyke: Giant Girl from the Marvel Adventures line
Just cooler then her other incarnations. Also, given the nature of her line, isn't likely to die a crappy death anytime soon.

Maybe if I were writing her, but it's van Dyne.

Ultimate Thor and JMS' Thor

Lyle Norg - Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes - intellegent, but he still has social skills. And he's able to think outside the box enough to invent things out of Braniac 5's failures. And he lead The Legion against Mordru, never an easy job.

Matt Wagner's Dr Midnite - Wagner did an excellent mini that had a very Shadow like take on the character. If anyone has enjoyed him in JSA I can't reccomend this book enough. Shame the poor guy got screwed by the return of Ollie Queen.

Firestorm - Jason Rush - the opening of his series, while uninspired was enjoyable, but once One Year Later hit the character really took off, especially under Dwayne McDuffies pen. I really hope Zombie Ronnie doesn't get him in Blackest Night.

The Venture Bros' Abraham Lincoln: Just a poor old ghost with a few hundred years of pent-up sexual tension who's trying to earn his wings.

The Venture Bros' Abraham Lincoln: Just a poor old ghost with a few hundred years of pent-up sexual tension who's trying to earn his wings.

I second this.

Plus, The Sovereign.

;) Are you saying the Sovereign is the best incarnation of David Bowie in any medium?

That's a bold claim!

A perfect Bowie, made up of part real life Bowie, Jareth the Goblin King, and Nikola Tesla, untouched by the ravages of time....

The only way the Sovereign could be anymore perfect would be if they could get David himself to voice.

Latest posts

Back