Favorite JLA'er

Who is Your Favorite Justice League Of America Member??

• Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonder Woman

• The Batman

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • The Flash

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Martian Manhunter

• Green Arrow

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Plastic Man

• Aquaman

• Captain Marvel

• Total voters
Superman - Superman done right is great stuff, but he's rarely, if ever f=done right in JLA. Pass.

Wonder Woman - She's always just the token powerful female. I hear Rucka's doing wonders over in her ongoing, but in JLA she pretty much hangs out and taunts the guys. Pass.

The Batman - Ugh. I'm not even going to go into why Batman shouldn't ever join the JLA, plus Morrison's portrayal of him in it helped bring us to the current Uber-Bat of today. Pass.

Green Lantern - Passed only because the GLs of the JLA have been John Stewart and Hal Jordan lately. I'm a Kyle Rayner/Guy Gardner lantern fan. The other guys are pretty stiff characters.

The Flash - I love me some Flash. In the past 20 years DC has done an excellent job of turning a once sidekick into a grade A superhero. He's getting my vote.

Martian Manhunter - I really like J'onn J'ozz. He's got alot of untapped potential, but his inability to carry an ongoing outside of JLA hurts him. What'd be nice is if they'd go back to useing him in Detective Comics backups like they did when he came out. Close, but isn't beating The Flash.

Green Arrow - Now, I think he had the perfect death, then they went and brought him back, with some unkown hack writing it at that! Phft. Pass.

Plastic Man - Too damn silly. Alot of fun though. Pass.

Aquaman - Now Morrison managed to make Aquaman cool in his run, wich is impressive. Not cool enough to get my vote though. Pass.

Captain Marvel - Caps got a decent enough history to be on the list, being a founder of the post-Legends Blue Beetle/Booster Gold JLA, but he's much more closely associated with the JSA anymore to get my vote.

And wheres our Firestorm or Zatanna?

All these choices I cant stand. DC has the worst characters except for a few. I've always enjoyed Batman from the cartoons, movies and comics and he's got a pretty cool rogues gallery but I remember enjoying some Green Lantern comics back in the day when it was Kyle Rayner, that would probably be my fav dc character (I remember rooting for him when he went against Silver Surfer in one of the big Marvel vs DC matches). I also like that shadow dude. Obsidian i think. He's cool. Marvel should swap Storm for Obsidian :D

OK I shouldnt be talking like this about DC. They're watching

DC sux

1. The Batman
2. Superman (I'm really starting to appreciate the whole Superman, flawless superhero thing...)
3. Green Arrow
4. Green Lantern (except for the new series. :sick: )
5. Martian Manhunter (I love Martian Manhunter and he does deserve his own series (and maybe a new costume :? ))

moonmaster said:
1. The 5. Martian Manhunter (I love Martian Manhunter and he does deserve his own series (and maybe a new costume :? ))
Yeah, I'm not down with the trunks and belts. Get him some pants and a shirt, nothing fancy either.

Edit: Hey, 2000 posts, only 2 days later than I wanted.

The Flash

He's one of the few heroes nowsadays that represent everything that a hero should be. And he knows his responsibility is his as he is the Flash and the Flash is the ultimate guardian of good. Even more than Superman, because the Flash isn't some omnipotent destructive force. The Flash lives among men, not above them. And that's why he rules the school! And gools the fools.

Latest posts

Back