-beardoms-

So i want to knows everyones fav and least fav artists:

Mine Are:

Favourite:
Mark Bagley
Greg Land

Least Favourite:
Pasqual Ferry
Stuart Immonen (He makes mary jane look like a man)

Favourite:

Ryan Ottley
Tim Sale
Frank Quitely
John Byrne
Curt Swan
David Mazzuchelli
Neal Adams
Cory Walker

Least-Favourite:

Jim Lee
Jim Bogdanove
Alex Ross

(More as I think of them).

Favourite

Alex Ross , Mark Bagley (from what I've seen of Ultimate spider-man) , Ian Churchill (for Supergirl stuff)

Least

Trevor Hairsine (If he's who did Ultimate Six)

Oh wait i should have mentiones, i only meant ultimate universe artists 8)

I am forced to say Mark Bagley, because as we all know, not liking Bagley is unconstitutional, will cause E to be forced to shut the site down when Marvel come a-knocking and makes Ice steal peoples posts.

Oh wait i should have mentiones, i only meant ultimate universe artists 8)

Oh... well, McNiven, Hitch and Immonen are my top 3.

Least favourite is Raney. His stuff was terrible.

Then mine would be

Favourite
Mark Bagley , Stuart Immonen

Least
Trevor Hairsine (If he's who did Ultimate Six)

I don't understand why immonen is so popular, like i said before, he makes Mary Jane look like a man.

I don't understand why immonen is so popular, like i said before, he makes Mary Jane look like a man.

No... Bagley made MJ look like a man.

200px-Mary_Jane_Watson_(Earth-1610)_001.jpg

He's fun and energetic and his style is so different to everyone else. He's neat.

Also, NEXTWAVE!

I blame that more on Bendis' ideas. Bagley was great when USM started and I just can't like Immonen's art, I hate his faces

I was being facetious.

But Immonen is better.

Last edited:
Immonen is probably the most effective artist the UU has ever had, people seem to forget his excellent work on both UFF and UXM

His MJ doesn't look like a man.

Immonen MJ as in
Ultimate_mj.png
?

She's one of the sexiest MJ's ever! I haven't read much of Ultimate Spidey yet(I will someday, for sure), but I've always thought the art was especially good from what I've seen.

I'm pretty sure that's not Immonen's MJ, thats Bagley's, or someone aping Bagley's

Favs: Immonen, Bachalo, Pasqual Ferry

Least Favs: Land (duh). Bagley

Favorites: Bryan Hitch, Greg Land, Jae Lee, Stuart Immonen, Leinil Francis Yu, Ben Oliver, Yanick Paquette

Least Favorites: Pasqual Ferry, Mark Brooks, Tyler Kirkham, Butch Guice, Tom Raney, Joe Mad, Mike Allred, Ande Parks

Indifferent: Mark Bagley, Adam Kubert, Andy Kubert, Cary Nord, Kaare Andrews, Essad Ribic, Chris Bachalo, David Finch, Salvador Larroca, Steve McNiven, Brad Peterson, Trevor Hairsine, Pascal Alixe, Rick Mays, Bill Sienkiewicz, Jim Mahfood, Ted McKeever, John Totleben, Matt Wagner, Chynna Clugston-Major, Terry Moore, Steve Dillon

Yanick Paquette was great in Ultimate X-Men; the only thing I didn't like about his art was his rendition of the Sentinels - their shoulders didn't look mobile at all (even though shoulders are the most mobile joints in anatomy). Bagley and the Kuberts are good artists. It seems like they can draw fast and still produce decent artwork that I can read libraries of comics of....but the key word there is "decent." The Kuberts....are detailed, but honestly, they just draw detailed sketches. Bagley's style is perfect for teenaged Spider-Man, but....I don't like how he draws people I guess. Salvador Larroca used to be one of my favorite artists in general, back when he was doing X-Treme X-Men. But his style has changed a lot since then (he also had different inkers and colorists back then).

Latest posts

Back