Favourite Batmobile

Which is your favourite Batmobile

• Glowing Technicolour Engine(Batman & Robin)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Roadster(Bat-shaped ram-head and huge tailfin)

• The Alex Ross(JUSTICE)

• The current mainstream comics model

• Other

• Total voters
The Batman Begins TV Spot that ended with the "Does it come in black?" clip, immeadiately followed by the shot of the Tumbler exploding out of the waterfall with it's engine roaring remains one of the coolest moments in any add ever.

By the way, I'm just looking at that Batmobile History page and 1988 has three of the stupidest Batmobile's of all time.

Planet-man said:
The Batman Begins TV Spot that ended with the "Does it come in black?" clip, immeadiately followed by the shot of the Tumbler exploding out of the waterfall with it's engine roaring remains one of the coolest moments in any add ever.
The Tumbler rules. The sound alone would be enough to make it stand out. But it has everything else as well.

it was a hard choice between the Tumbler and the Futura.

Went with the Tumbler

I just realised I had already voted for the one I was about to vote for anyway Batman/Batman Returns one.

And no offence to anyone , my least favourite is The Tumbler I really hate it.

I chose the Tumbler because it's the most badass and most practical Batmobile.

I wouldn't say that, like I said before, it would be almost impossible to keep a low profile with it or get back to the cave untracked, without some sort of huge stunt like in the last one. He can't be doing that every night.

It's one of the best and coolest Batmobiles ever, but practicality is one of the few places it falls short when you consider that Batman is half ninja.

I wouldn't say that, like I said before, it would be almost impossible to keep a low profile with it or get back to the cave untracked, without some sort of huge stunt like in the last one. He can't be doing that every night.

Bingo , that's one of the main reasons I hate it

It's one of the best and coolest Batmobiles ever, but practicality is one of the few places it falls short when you consider that Batman is half ninja.

Yeah, but that's why he's got the Bat-cycle now!:p

I've always thought that the entire concept of the Batmobile is impractical. No matter how sleek and black your car is, can you really "stealth-drive"?

It's kind of like Robin. It doesn't really make much sense when you think about it, but it's a part of the mythos, so why not try to make it as cool as possible?

I've always thought that the entire concept of the Batmobile is impractical. No matter how sleek and black your car is, can you really "stealth-drive"?

Ahh but the narrow batmobiles could go down an alley to loose cops or hide , It could rocket and realistically dodge cars.

the tumbler is tank size so is more limited

Ahh but the narrow batmobiles could go down an alley to loose cops or hide , It could rocket and realistically dodge cars.

the tumbler is tank size so is more limited
But would he just travel by alleyway all the time? Wouldn't he run people over? And wouldn't it be too long to make the no doubt narrow turns of a bunch of alleys?

The Bat-Cycle is probably the most practical vehicle for Batman. It's basically small enough and fast enough that he really could use it to get away without smashing up Gotham or relying on conveniently built alleys.

batmobile8854.jpg

It's just... perfect.

I take back everything I said - THIS is my favorite Batmobile.:lol:

I actually agree with this fully. The only time the thing's really worked as part of the character for me is in the Knightfall novelization where it's a matte black Maserati with paint that can camoflage, and he mainly gets around through dozens of secret underground tunnels.

It's kind of like Robin. It doesn't really make much sense when you think about it, but it's a part of the mythos, so why not try to make it as cool as possible?

The thing is, it's still possible to spilt the difference and make it flashy but at least semi-believable, best example being the BTAS Batmobile, which they always found ways to blend in with the environment or turn into a dumpster.

Latest posts

Back