Fenris Twins

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I was just looking at this site and it says that there was an Asgardian god called Fenris Wolf. A coincedence?

ProjectX2 said:
I was just looking at this site and it says that there was an Asgardian god called Fenris Wolf. A coincedence?

I'm pretty sure they said something about that in Ult. X-Men...I could be wrong...

UltimateE said:
I'm pretty sure they said something about that in Ult. X-Men...I could be wrong...
You know what, mentioning that, I believe they did. It does sound veeeeeeery familiar....

The Fenris Wolf (and this is from memory so there will be a few mistakes but the general idea should be accurate)

The Fenris wolf pulls the sun driven along by a god (who's name i forget) and chained by a single thread. On the day of Ragnarok, it will break free of the thread and kill the god who forces it to draw the sun, then it will consume the sun, leaving the world in eternal night. Its breaking free was linked to the other traditional signs of Ragnarok eg. The return of the Frost Giants and so on.

Thats where the twins name came from, as they mentioned.

That's a pretty interesting story; but this also brings up the fact that Asgaurd is fiction, right? The Twins said it themselves... Is Thor REALLY an Asgaurdian? Hmm...

Oh I thought maybe they're the Fenris Wolf on Earth like Thor or something.

No, no. They only said that their corporation was named after the Fenris Wolf, I don't think they have anything to hide but their mutations! ;)

Heh Fenris Twins as the Wolf :D
cool. I liked their ultimate version .
After Wildcats v.3.0 i like everything about corporations :twisted:
Heh think about the reaction of Thor when he would meet them :wink:

Well, they are either proving him wrong or are supporting the theory that his power is derived in faith in Asgard. Who knows, though.

info...Nurhachi....do your thing...somebody...anybody?

i dont read ultimate x-men, with the exception of the blockbuster arc (ultimate spidey groupie here) anyway, someone want to recap on who the fenris twins (or whatever they are called) are about and what has happened with them for me?

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Well, they are either proving him wrong or are supporting the theory that his power is derived in faith in Asgard. Who knows, though.

No no no no no...they don't have anything to do with mythology or "proving" any mythological figure. They just named their company after a mythological figure. It means next to nothing.

Well, a mythological creature that is derived from the same belief as Thor indicates, to me, that it would be an oxymoron to have Thor be real and the Fenris Wolf not... It's that simple.

Goodwill said:
Well, a mythological creature that is derived from the same belief as Thor indicates, to me, that it would be an oxymoron to have Thor be real and the Fenris Wolf not... It's that simple.

You're missing the point. They have nothing to do with the "Fenris Wolf". The "Fenris Wolf" is a mythological creature who does not appear in the comic in any way and does not provide the twins with their power. They simply named their company after it - that's it.

Besides - who said Thor was real?

I know that the wolf has nothing to do with their powers but the fact that they actually mentioned it as false may lead to someone (Let's face it, it's me at this point) to believe that Thor isn't who he says he is. Who knows? Only Millar...

The Captain said:
someone want to recap on Carneo the fenris twins (or whatever they are called) are about and what has happened with them for me?

Alright, Cad´s quick recap of the Cry Wolf arc;

The X-men are at Coney Island where Rogue and Bobby´s burgeoning little relationship is destroyed by the fact that Rogue finds Bobby snogging Kitty. Rogue smashes Kitty in t he face and storms off. Suddenly, as she is leaving, the X-men are attacked by Gambit. He blows off Wolverine´s face and runs off with Rogue whom he was sent to kidnap. Rogue wakes up in a building where she absorbs some of Gambit´s memories which include a scientist (Probably Sinister) and a girl with one eye that many think is Callisto. Anyway, she runs off, using Gambit´s powers to beat the guards and escape but finds herself in the Empire State Building. She is confronted by the two mutants who run the Fenris Corporation, Andrea and Andreas von Strucker. They tell her they use mutants as industrial spies and Gambit is their first and they want her to be their second. Rogue is scornful but they tell her they can make it safe for her to touch people. She tenatively accepts. Wolverine has tracked Gambit to near the Empire State Building where he and Storm snog but he rejects her. Rogue is in a kind of suit which activates these sub-dermal transmitters that generate a field or something. Basically, she can touch people and turn the field on and off by choice. She is happy and Gambit is happy. Wolverine arrives and he and Gambit start to fight again. Rogue throws a tantrum demanding they stop and she uses Gambit´s powers to defeat yet more Fenris guards. Then, she threatens to blow up Wolverine if he doesn´t leave Gambit alone. In the end, Rogue quits the team and leaves with Gambit, Wolverine storms off in a huff because Rogue is bad or something and Storm follows Wolvie because he rejected her. Bobby´s depressed and angry at Kitty, Kitty is depressed and angry at Rogue and Dazzler has one of her best lines just after Rogue and the others leave. "Yay Team."

Basically, Fenris = evil corporation run by Fenris twins. Previously used mutants as spies but don´t ahve any left.

Fenris Twins = Two mutants pulling the siblings or married trick to extremes, can generate concussive light bursts upon skin contact. They weren´t huge time villains but are very likely to, in my mind anyway, reappear át about the same time Rogue (Revealed as Marian) and Gambit return.

Latest posts

Back