Fifteen Minute Apocalypse

Fine, it's yours. Be looking out for "5 Minute Apocalypse: Three Times Faster Than A Fifteen Minute One!". Coming soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to meet Bass. He seems like a very cool person.

Oh! You say that now! But once you meet me it's all "terrorist" this and "dune coon" that. I know how you people are. All smiles and niceties at first, and then BAM! Insults and slurs until my dying days!

Everything I love turns to ash in my mouth.

OR!

Be at HeroesCon 2008! :D

Oh! You say that now! But once you meet me it's all "terrorist" this and "dune coon" that. I know how you people are. All smiles and niceties at first, and then BAM! Insults and slurs until my dying days!
:lol:

You know what the worst part is? I had never actually heard the phrase "dune coon" before this.

I know I shouldn't be laughing at such a genuinely hateful phrase, but it's rare that people actually bother to come up with a genuinely humorous way to express their bigotry.

And what kills me is that it actually sounds like such a kindergarten-like taunt, if you're not aware of the historical meaning of the word "coon".

You know what the worst part is? I had never actually heard the phrase "dune coon" before this.

I know I shouldn't be laughing at such a genuinely hateful phrase, but it's rare that people actually bother to come up with a genuinely humorous way to express their bigotry.

And what kills me is that it actually sounds like such a kindergarten-like taunt, if you're not aware of the historical meaning of the word "coon".

I've heard the phrase "dune coon" way more times than I can count.

I like it because it rhymes. :D

I've heard the phrase "dune coon" way more times than I can count.
I guess it comes down to the fact that there aren't many Arabs who live in the Philippines, so we don't have as many epithets associated with them.

It's not that Filipinos have no cultural interaction with the Arab world -- in fact, there's an overwhelming majority of overseas Filipino workers in the Middle East, who remit their salaries back into our economy, to keep it afloat. But if any of them ever came up with racist terms to describe the citizens of their host countries, I certainly don't know what they are.

On top of that, "coon", as a cuss word, is American in origin, yes? Since there are very few black people living in the Philippines, we don't really come across a lot of phrases derived from "coon" (or, for that matter, the "n-word").

Last edited:
I guess it comes down to the fact that there aren't many Arabs who live in the Philippines, so we don't have as many epithets associated with them.

It's not that Filipinos have no cultural interaction with the Arab world -- in fact, there's an overwhelming majority of overseas Filipino workers in the Middle East, who remit their salaries back into our economy, to keep it afloat. But if any of them ever came up with racist terms to describe the citizens of their host countries, I certainly don't know what they are.

On top of that, "coon", as a cuss word, is American in origin, yes? Since there are very few black people living in the Philippines, we don't really come across a lot of phrases derived from "coon" (or, for that matter, the "n-word").

Yeah. Well, I'm from the South, so....

I suppose Alan Moore missed his chance to dress up like V and turn Britain into an anarchist paradise.

I blame the drugs.

Latest posts

Back