Fin Fang Foom comes to Heroclix

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I posted this in the regular Heroclix thread, but I figured no one saw it and something of this magnitude (pun intended) deserves its own thread.

Heroclix fans, rejoice. Fans of over-sized and sculpted pieces of plastic, rejoice. Fin Fang Foom is coming to Heroclix!

Fin Fang Foom

Last edited:
Sorry...but I'll be getting one to go with my HUGE Heroclix collection, so you can come over and play with mine. ;)

In Florida!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?*

[Looks at FFF figure]
[Looks at wallet]
[Looks at FFF figure]

HITCHHIKER AWAY!

*that's right, Craig, I did it. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Last edited:
I use to collect Heroclix, and the Fantasy version as well

Mage Knight? Eh...its the comic geek in me that got me into these, and a great deal of other people as well. I just really enjoy Clix. And kudos must be given to Mage Knight by all Clix fans, for being the birth-line of the Clix bases themselves.

I think its safe to say that Heroclix has pretty much got a lock on the miniatures gaming market right now. It appeals to not only gamers, but comic book fans as well, since they are pre-established and familiar characters already--as opposed to some random Elven Archer or a unique Dwarven warrior named Wundabore Fulla****e. The Heroclix characters are recognizable to a much broader market, therefore they attract people to buy them who would never have bought a booster of a miniatures game before...people like me. I had no interest in the gaming world, but was really into collecting action figures and comics. Heroclix was a perfect outgrowth of that. The HUGE character selection (seriously, name a character in Marvel or DC and its probably been made) and added bonus of the game itself was hugely appealing. Add in the over-size (Sentinel, Dark Phoenix, Sinestro) or Collossal figures (Galactus, Spectre, the upcoming Fin Fang Foom which this thread is about) and you're talking a collector's dream!

That in itself was a damn good start. But Wizkids took it a step further to keep the line strong by releasing sets on a regular basis, but not flooding the market (they've stuck to a business plan of releasing 3 sets total per year, 1 or 2 each of DC or Marvel). They listen to the fans (message board chatter, conventions, players at tournaments) in terms of rules changes, abuse of certain powers/characters, what characters they'd like to see, etc. They took it another step further by improving the overall sculpts and paint-jobs of the figures significantly. They went another step further by starting the Buy-It-By-the-Brick only through Brick-and-Mortar stores (and the send-away LE figures you can get through this) and Collector's Sets programs to help bring more money into the B&M stores (and away from the onlin purchases) which hurt both the comic shops and Wizkids themselves in terms of product sales loss. And they continually entice new customers into the game with kick-*** Con Exclusives like the over-sized figures at cons, in addition to their own regular attendance.

Seriously, as a business model, Heroclix itself is a true success. Its by far the corner-stone of the Wizkids' income.

About a foot and a half, maybe a little bigger at 20" or so.

It is a Marvel character, just in case you're not sure. He's not just any dragon. He's the 200ft long bad-*** mutha****a Fin Fang Foom.

Fin Fang Foom is only about ten feet tall now as he was shrunk by Mr. Fantastic and given a job as the Baxter Building's chef. Still cool though.

About a foot and a half, maybe a little bigger at 20" or so.

It is a Marvel character, just in case you're not sure. He's not just any dragon. He's the 200ft long bad-*** mutha****a Fin Fang Foom.

Oh, I know who Fin Fang Foom is, mutha****a.

nextwave, *****es!

Mage Knight? Eh...its the comic geek in me that got me into these, and a great deal of other people as well. I just really enjoy Clix. And kudos must be given to Mage Knight by all Clix fans, for being the birth-line of the Clix bases themselves.

It was fun, but I haven't played with them for years, and now they are taking up space. THe other day I gave away hundreds of Magic Cards to free up room, and now it seems a majority of the heroclix are going the same way.

think its safe to say that Heroclix has pretty much got a lock on the miniatures gaming market right now.

Which is probably true, in the ione I played, they introduced way too much **** at once, and inevitable, made the game too rules heavy. Hopefully they have learned there lesson.

But Mage Knight would not be around if it wasn't for Warhammer, the original one. Mage Knight was a form of cheap and easy to play version of Warhammer.

Fin Fang Foom is only about ten feet tall now as he was shrunk by Mr. Fantastic and given a job as the Baxter Building's chef. Still cool though.

That isn't Fin Fang Foom.

Thats Fin Fang *****.

I'm talking about Fin Fang Foom.

Not Fin Fang *****.

Just to be clear.

Oh, I know who Fin Fang Foom is, mutha****a.

nextwave, *****es!

Right. Just checking, Luigi.

It was fun, but I haven't played with them for years, and now they are taking up space. THe other day I gave away hundreds of Magic Cards to free up room, and now it seems a majority of the heroclix are going the same way.

Which is probably true, in the ione I played, they introduced way too much **** at once, and inevitable, made the game too rules heavy. Hopefully they have learned there lesson.

But Mage Knight would not be around if it wasn't for Warhammer, the original one. Mage Knight was a form of cheap and easy to play version of Warhammer.

True. And that "cheap and easy" version of Warhammer easily began out-selling it...which in the end is what matters.

But Heroclix rules either way.

Especially because now Fin Fang Mother ****in' Foom is in the Clix house.

Latest posts

Back