Final Fantasy VII

I hate how all the FF main characters are getting progressively more femine. Zidane was alright, but then it went to Tidus. Now....Vahne (XII). Ugh, I already hate the character.

I got VII a long time ago for $10 because I had heard how good it was, but I never got into it. But I'm not really into those kinds of games anyway.

Except for the FIRST Final Fantasy for NES - that was one of the best games I've ever played. That was the first game I ever played (and one of a very very few) that I was obsessed with completing and played nonstop.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Ewwww.... girls....
:lol:

ourchair said:
Me too. I think Rikku is so hot in all those lemon fics that feature her getting it on with Kimahri. :wink:
Sometimes the internet and you really worry me.

I've enjoyed the FF games I've played, but I've never really got into them intensively except for brief phases. They do however consistently deliver some of the best graphics around.

Caduceus said:
Sometimes the internet and you really worry me.
Just 'sometimes'? I'm not working hard enough then.
Caduceus said:
I've enjoyed the FF games I've played, but I've never really got into them intensively except for brief phases. They do however consistently deliver some of the best graphics around.
In my opinion, one as objective as it can get, the Final Fantasy series don't really have the best graphics, much less can they be considered as the technical benchmark of graphics quality on the Playstation. What CAN be certain is that the series has just about the BEST art design to grace the Playstation, which to me is a completely different thing from graphics.

What Square has managed to pull off well is efficiently coding their games to be capable of handling all the artistic assets without compromising the framerate of the game. They've managed a perfect tradeoff between the lower polygon counts of the Final Fantasy character models with the artistic design.

That's cetainly a testament to discipline. It's amazing how Final Fantasy X can juggle its facial animations, its voice acting, its explosion of colors and particle effects in cut scenes but still never have to force you through stuttering framerates or long load times between scenes.

Last edited:
ourchair said:
In my opinion, one as objective as it can get, the Final Fantasy series don't really have the best graphics, much less can they be considered as the technical benchmark of graphics quality on the Playstation. What CAN be certain is that the series has just about the BEST art design to grace the Playstation, which to me is a completely different thing from graphics.
This is true. But, as a vaguely opinionated person with only minimal knowledge of the lingo, couldn't we just say graphics? Pwetty pwease?

ourchair said:
What Square has managed to pull off well is efficiently coding their games to be capable of handling all the artistic assets without compromising the framerate of the game. They've managed a perfect tradeoff between the lower polygon counts of the Final Fantasy character models with the artistic design.

That's cetainly a testament to discipline. It's amazing how Final Fantasy X can juggle its facial animations, its voice acting, its explosion of colors and particle effects in cut scenes but still never have to force you through stuttering framerates or long load times between scenes.
The loading has become less of an issue on PS2 but it did make the game stand out on PS1.

VII and IV are the best,hands down.Except when you take graphics into account.VII and IX were enjoyable,but I preferred the two I already mentioned.X was far too linear,and X-2 was of debatable quality.XI I haven't played,and probably won't.XII looks amazing!

I was entertaining,II wasn't nearly as good.III I never played,V just plain sucked and VI was good but I always get bored towards the end and don't bother finishing it.

Last edited:
Caduceus said:
This is true. But, as a vaguely opinionated person with only minimal knowledge of the lingo, couldn't we just say graphics? Pwetty pwease?
Actually, I'm not faulting your lingo so much as I'm saying is the game is pretty because of mega-talented artists and not because of wowie programming and techie stuff.[/QUOTE]

Caduceus said:
The loading has become less of an issue on PS2 but it did make the game stand out on PS1.
I don't get what you're saying. The Final Fantasy games DON'T have any problem with loading times, both on the PS2 and PS1. My hands clap for it because of that, and I'm frustrated on why they can't make an ugly game like KOTOR load as fast on a topnotch system like the Xbox.

I was saying that the loading became less of an issue with the ps2 for games in general while the way the FF games dealt with it on ps1 was one of the things that made them stand out.

News update: PS3 Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo more than a demo?

We check in with Square to see whether we can expect to see anything more come out of the popular PlayStation 3 tech demo.

MAKUHARI MESSE--One of the highlights of the trailer compilation shown in one of the main theaters on the showfloor of the Square Enix Party 2005 is the PlayStation 3 technology demo of the opening sequence of Final Fantasy VII. Ever since the short clip's debut in May during Sony's E3 press conference, there has been talk that the footage shown is evidence that Square Enix intends to release a remake of the FFVII. The talk started up again with renewed interest as the clip took center stage during a compilation of trailers being shown of upcoming Square Enix games. We took the opportunity to talk to a Square Enix rep for the internal division within the company whose focus is the properties relating to Final Fantasy VII to get the scoop.

Square Enix's initial response to our inquiry about whether or not the tech demo is suggestive of a full game being in the works fell in the realm of carefully worded corporate response. The reps noted that, as was mentioned at E3, the demo was created to show just how power of the PlayStation 3 technology. As a result, it is a tech demo only and is not intended to indicate that a PS3 remake of FFVII is presently under active development at the company.

However, when pressed, the reps also noted that further plans for content based on FFVII haven't been set, per se. They affirmed that the resulting reaction from fans over the demo footage and the content related to FFVII being shown at the party has been overwhelmingly positive. As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo and the very notion of a FFVII remake, it's certainly something that Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.

Does this mean it's on? Probably not at this exact moment but, at this point, we're willing to bet it's not a matter of if an FFVII remake will happen, but a matter of when.

Just keep hoping :wink:

Another download link for the Tech Demo.

Last edited:
He is not just a memory!

kewel22.jpg

:rockon:

You are my new faviorate member, slimjim. Now, I have to play that game for the fourth time. Makes a hell of a lot more sense the second time.

UltimateE said:
I got VII a long time ago for $10 because I had heard how good it was, but I never got into it. But I'm not really into those kinds of games anyway.

Except for the FIRST Final Fantasy for NES - that was one of the best games I've ever played. That was the first game I ever played (and one of a very very few) that I was obsessed with completing and played nonstop.
I think we're dating ourselves here E, but I was exactly the same way. Wasn't it so friggin cool when you did the dragon kings quest and got new sprites for your characters?

Anywho, I'd love to replay FF7 but I can't as my copy has mysteriously vanished.

Final Fantasy VII remake for the PS3?

have any of you heard anything on this recently? a tech demo was shown at E3 2005 and EGM said that a remake of FFVII is being made for th PS3 but recently square enix has denied it. Do you think it will happen.
If it happens I'm getting it :D

Latest posts

Back