Final Fantasy XII Discussion *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I've logged a good 7 hours into this game today.

I don't care what Ultimate Quicksliver said. This is a Final Fantasy game. It pays homage to the old games while trying new things.

The Battle system seems chunky at first but becomes better flowing and a lot better.

Tha animation is gorgeous and is very grand.

The story and plot as me very interested so far.

I also like the License system that is similar to the spiral grid from 10.

So far so good.

I may pick this up, despite the fact that the Compilation of FFVII and FFXI really turned me off to the series. We'll see.

I want to check this out, but I think I'm going to wait until I get an HDTV, to really do it justice. Any other comments on it, good or bad?

I want to check this out, but I think I'm going to wait until I get an HDTV, to really do it justice. Any other comments on it, good or bad?

To be honest, it looks similiar on an HDTV compared to a Standard one. Even the widescreen doesn't look that good. As for the game. . .it's good, but not great. The story is very political and the characters aren't as memorable as previous games (Although Balthier and Bacshe are kinda cool), but the gameplay is good.

To be honest, it looks similiar on an HDTV compared to a Standard one. Even the widescreen doesn't look that good. As for the game. . .it's good, but not great. The story is very political and the characters aren't as memorable as previous games (Although Balthier and Bacshe are kinda cool), but the gameplay is good.

hm.... interesting.... The problem is, the TV I have now sucks. The video's going out and everything, so I'd rather play it on a TV that works like it should.

So I picked this up today, despite not having an HD, and I don't direct it.

This game makes me feel so many things.

One of those things is "Vaan is WAY homo", but the rest of the things I feel are pretty good.

Most of the main characters seem homo.

Except Squall.

Mostly Zidane and Tidus.

The more I play this the more I love it. All the characters grow on me more and more.

One of the things I like is that there is no clear bad guy. There are lots of different people and agendas at play here.

I don't know if I like the fact that Vaan isn't really the main character as to opposed to being the tag-a-long.

Last edited:

Except Squall.

Mostly Zidane and Tidus.

The more I play this the more I love it. All the characters grow on me more and more.

One of the things I like is that there is no clear bad guy. There are lots of different people and agendas at play here.

I don't know if I like the fact that Vayne isn't really the main character as to opposed to being the tag-a-long.

So, it's more of an ensemble cast then? Good... That character's lame'ums.

Except Squall.

Mostly Zidane and Tidus.

I don't know if I like the fact that Vayne isn't really the main character as to opposed to being the tag-a-long.

Squall was emo.

And, the characters do grow on you, but I keep thinking to myself "Vaan and Penelo are so pointless." I suppose that's why they're getting their own DS game.

There's definitely a bad guy. You'll see. It's kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics in that you don't know the true main villain until much later.

And by Vayne do you mean Vaan? Because I know what you mean. To be honest, they should have just let you be Ashe from the beginning and had Vaan and Penelo join the Resistance later on to introduce them.

The main character should be Basch, he is by far the coolest and his story is the one most significant in the war. Vaan is just another effeminate main character, the only thing that saves him is that he has a good personality, reminds me of Zidane.
There is a lot of people *****ing because is really difficult to get money on this game, I really like this, It makes the game a lot more hard. Try to get some elite marks with your lv 3 swords...

The main character should be Basch, he is by far the coolest and his story is the one most significant in the war. Vaan is just another effeminate main character, the only thing that saves him is that he has a good personality, reminds me of Zidane.
There is a lot of people *****ing because is really difficult to get money on this game, I really like this, It makes the game a lot more hard. Try to get some elite marks with your lv 3 swords...

Balthier should be the main character, and they should have gotten David Bowie to voice him.

The key for money is selling selling selling. I have stealing gambits on to any baddie with 100% hp. So they always begin stealing then when they get hit, they quit.

So I always have lots of items to sell.

I have some awesome weapons.

But it's very easy to be overwhelmed in this.

I now have all the quickings and 5 espers.

I rarly use the Espers. It's a lot easier to get a few quicking chains in a boss battle.

I love this game, I already am 72 hours into. I got like 18 hunts done, most of the side quests.

Except Squall.

Mostly Zidane and Tidus.

Squall reminded me of many more of my Gay friends than other protagonists.

Honestly Zidane and Tidus were just reminiscent of whiney heteroboys who have no taste in clothing and who don't think before they speak. The two of them would be shunned by the gay community

Squall was all kinds of sexy queer action. I mean, hell, who wears a cut off leather jacket with a fur collar over an ubertight white undershirt, with leather pants?

Also, he had very pretty hair.

Last edited:
Squall reminded me of many more of my Gay friends than other protagonists.

Honestly Zidane and Tidus were just reminiscent of whiney heteroboys who have no taste in clothing and who don't think before they speak. The two of them would be shunned by the gay community

Squall was all kinds of sexy queer action. I mean, hell, who wears a cut off leather jacket with a fur collar over an ubertight white undershirt, with leather pants?

I guess you are the expert.

Clearly no one seems to understand that having pretty wispy pale-to-blond hair and soft features with slender boyish frames is not necessarily GAY in Japan, let alone all cultures. It's called bishounen. Look it up.

(Nevermind the fact that saying someone is effeminate, homo or queer as if it were a bad thing is all kinds of ****ed up.)

Must have a good conditioner.

Clearly no one seems to understand that having pretty wispy pale-to-blond hair and soft features with slender boyish frames is not necessarily GAY in Japan, let alone all cultures. It's called bishounen. Look it up.

(Nevermind the fact that saying someone is effeminate, homo or queer as if it were a bad thing is all kinds of ****ed up.)

True, I've noticed that all of their gay characters are heavily stereotyped and are usually in drag.

Its also funny that bishounen are always the subject of yaoi fanfiction.

True, I've noticed that all of their gay characters are heavily stereotyped and are usually in drag.

Its also funny that bishounen are always the subject of yaoi fanfiction.
My (rather unsophisticated and not highly analyzed) take on it is that if Japanese pop culture wants to show you a gay guy, he'd be really really really really screeching and in drag with lipstick and facial hair and basically a complete stereotype...

In effect, there is an extraordinary amount of latitude as to how "effeminate" a male protagonist can be without supposedly compromising his masculinity. Or rather, the concept of being masculine is a lot more elastic than it would be in other pop media cultures.

Latest posts

Back