Finding Comics

Bass

Nexus of the World
Hey guys.

Well, thinking about how wonderful The Most Dangerous Game was, I thought "Hey, Brian K Vaughan can write teenage superheroes well. Hmm, he created his own series, so surely, that should be pretty damn fine!" and picked up #1 and #2 of the new RUNAWAYS series. Indeed, I was much confused. See, I thought RUNAWAYS came out a couple of years back, and was expecting to root through back issue bins for it - but there was #2 right on the shelf. After reading both issues, I realised this was, essentially, a sequel. And that I was enjoying it.

So began the quest for the first volume.

I have managed to rack up every issue of the 18-issue series except for issues 1, 6, and 16.

I live in the UK, and so if you guys know any good mail-order companies (UK or otherwise), online, phone, or catalogue, can you please let me know? Indeed, if a sterling member of this forum wants to part with these issues, they too can let me know.

But... I am a wonderful chappie, and so, being this forum made manifest in man, I have decided, that here, in this thread, post the contact details or any place that sells back issue comics? Should someone need to find a back issue they need look no further than this thread. Should they need help, this forum is only one step away! No longer will the masses spend months on end at their local store, desperately seeking their missing bounty! BEHOLD THE HELPING YOU FIND COMICS THREAD! IT IS THIS LIGHTNING! IT IS THIS MADNESS!

www.whatevercomics.com (one of my local stores)
www.incognitocomics.co.uk (my other local store)
www.milehighcomics.com (never ordered from them)
www.hillcity-comics.com (they say they have it in stock, but don't)
www.mycomicsshop.com (too expensive)

and you can e-mail a great mail-order shop called "Forbidden Planet" at [email protected] or call them on (UK) 01621 877244. They'll send you a catalouge and they're cheap and they've got lots in stock. They're very accomadating. Normally, you place your order, you pay, they then send you what they have of that order, and refund what they don't. I kindly asked them if I could order issues not on the catalogue (as well as those on the catalogue) and tell me if they have them. Not only did they do this, but they had everything except, well, the three issues mentioned above. Cheap, efficient, and accomodating.

Anymore places, please post 'em here with at least one little sentence on them so we know a little bit about them.

Cheers,
Bass

Midtowns an excellent service,but they don't have em',I just checked.
Try Davescomics.com or just google the issues.

Honestly, and I hate to sound like a jerk, but what about the Digests or the upcoming oversized hardcover? I've got the little guys if anyone wants to pick them up, no sense in me having 2 copies of the same thing.

As for myself, if anyone has any leads on Swamp Thing V3, issues 1-20 I'd be much appriciative. It's some older Vaughan, and I'm really into a swamp thing groove at the moment.

The digests are nice, but I'd prefer to have the original issues. Besides, when I started out, I wasn't sure how hard they'd be to find. And they weren't, really. It was just three issues out of 18 and I think I may have found them. I'm just going to see if there's a better deal. If they were hard to get, I would've gone for the trades.

As for the hardcover - I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. Had I known... I may not have bothered getting the individual issues, but c'est la vie. :)

Bass said:
The digests are nice, but I'd prefer to have the original issues. Besides, when I started out, I wasn't sure how hard they'd be to find. And they weren't, really. It was just three issues out of 18 and I think I may have found them. I'm just going to see if there's a better deal. If they were hard to get, I would've gone for the trades.

As for the hardcover - I didn't know about it until you mentioned it. Had I known... I may not have bothered getting the individual issues, but c'est la vie. :)
See now, you should all read my mindless topics about newly announced hardcover releases. :D

Bass, you should try hunting for the "Marvel Must-Have Edition" if you can't find a potentially collector's item-level find like issue 1. The Must-Have Edition holds the first three issues of Runaways, Vol. 1, if I'm not mistaken. Or if not it was a flipbook that had Sentinel on one side and Runaways on the other.

Actually, I can get a hold of all three issues. Thep problem is that they are from different shops, all from the US which means I'll be spending a truckload on postage, which is bad. The idea is to get them all from one place, or places in the UK. We'll see.

But this thread isn't just for me. If anyone else is having trouble finding comics, they should post here.

Thanks all.

I have managed to get all the remaining issues thru Demolitioncomics.com

Hopefully they'll arrive safe and sound in about 10 days.

Keep posting any more info on finding good places to get back issues here, so others can find there way through the bargain bins.

Well, I just found the Vaughan Swamp Thing on eBay. Even the secret files and origins.

Now I know that this thread can be useful. We all have a fw key issues we're missing. Let's not let this one die.

A great place to find comics for a cheap price is at $0.50 comics. But you have to buy in bulk, 50 comics at a time, $25.00 and their catalogue is not updated on a regular basis. Enjoy!!

Would anyone know how i could get The Question [1986] # 25-36, and annual # 2 in one big scoop? I already have #'s 1-24 and Annual # 1, and i'm dying to read more. Plus, i decent price would be nice.

Ultxon said:
Would anyone know how i could get The Question [1986] # 25-36, and annual # 2 in one big scoop? I already have #'s 1-24 and Annual # 1, and i'm dying to read more. Plus, i decent price would be nice.

Mile High have em all for about a buck each.

Ultxon said:
Is that's O'Neil's run?

Looking for Comics!!!

Hey guys I'm missing some comics. Can some you guys check your LCS and get them for me, I'll pay for the comics, shipping and a little extra for your troubles, if you want. :D

I need
Nightwing #105, 106
Superman #214
Adventures of Superman #638

**edit**
I found Superman #214 and Adventures of Superman #638.

Last edited:
Baxter said:
Well, I have the two Nightwings, and I can check my shop for the supermen tomorrow.
I found the superman issues, but I still need Nightwing. PM me for info. Thanx!! :D

Latest posts

Back