First look at Ultimate Saga

the watcher

It's only one page but still...

ultimates-20070918064434914.jpg

Source: IGN.com

Ah, cool. Lying in the gutters only had the panel where Tony is walking by the headlines.

Travis Charest is damn awesome.

Yeah, the art is pretty ****ing amazing...

And if this follows in the line of his New Avengers work, I'm totally looking forward to this series...

(its not like its an idea he had two months ago, this has been brewing since the beginning of the Ultimate Universe)

Yeah, the art is pretty ****ing amazing...

And if this follows in the line of his New Avengers work, I'm totally looking forward to this series...

(its not like its an idea he had two months ago, this has been brewing since the beginning of the Ultimate Universe)

... what? This has nothing to do with Ultimate Origins.

And Charest has never done anything for Marvel. He's done the odd cover and stuff, but he did a few Wildcats issues (they were amazing) and some other little stuff all over the place.

Oh no, that newspaper is dated June 2007. . .

Poor DiB.

I noticed that too. Mother****er.

Don't laugh. I bet that damn timeline brought a bunch of people to this board back in the day.

I'm convinced Marvel is just out to make it invalid. They hate me.

:(

I agree - great art.

Indeed. He's one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Wait, what date? :wink:

But seriously, I think it's nothing to take serious off. It could be just a little something to put part of the newspaper, nothing for actual part of continuity.

Wait, what date? :wink:

But seriously, I think it's nothing to take serious off. It could be just a little something to put part of the newspaper, nothing for actual part of continuity.

True. And there have been previous background date references that put the dates later (I remember a scene in USM where Peter was surfing a message board and the date was in 2005 on the top of one of the postings).

However, I wonder if in the future (Ultimates 3, etc) they might not make specific reference to the year (2007, 2008, etc), but still have it taking place ONE YEAR after Ultimates 2. With specific dates in both Ultimates Vol. 1 and Ultimate Nightmare, and Ultimates 2 taking place ONE YEAR after Ultimates Vol. 1, well...that would just be a major time-****-up.

Of course, we could always blame it on Thing punching that dinosaur.

New Page and read more at: http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.1671.The_Ultimates_Return_In_Ultimates_Saga!

1671new_storyimage2719859_full.jpg

From the personal files of Tony Stark comes this never before seen look at the history of the Ultimates-and a sneak peek of their future-in Ultimates Saga! Featuring the jaw-dropping return of superstar artist Travis Charest in four brand new interior pages, along with some of renowned Ultimates artist Bryan Hitch's most powerful moments from his landmark run, and a new cover by Mark Brooks, this is the book that will prepare you for Ultimates 3!

Every spy has his secrets, and Nick Fury is no different. As America's top-ranking espionage expert, just imagine what skeletons Nick has lurking in his closet!

Last edited:
Wait. . .what the hell is Ultimate Saga? I've heard of Origins and Ultimatum, but not this.

Wait. . .what the hell is Ultimate Saga? I've heard of Origins and Ultimatum, but not this.

Just a recap of Ultimates 1 & 2, same thing they did for Runaways, Astonishing and Supreme Power.

Charest is incredible. Makes me wish he was on Ultimates 3....

You ****ing *****.

So this ULTIMATE SAGA - is Charest just doing a couple of bookend pages?

Also - his art is damned good.

Latest posts

Back