Flash TV series Discussion/Spoilers

Haven't seen the second episode yet, but the Pilot was fun.

I like the counter balance between Arrow and Flash, with Arrow being the grounded, gritty, and dark show, and Flash being lighter, more colorful, fun, etc.

But seriously, Grodd. What are they going to do with Gorilla Grodd? Dying to see that.

Haven't seen the second episode yet, but the Pilot was fun.

I like the counter balance between Arrow and Flash, with Arrow being the grounded, gritty, and dark show, and Flash being lighter, more colorful, fun, etc.

But seriously, Grodd. What are they going to do with Gorilla Grodd? Dying to see that.
I suspect we'll see Grodd in season 2, maybe an end of season tease for season 1. The producers have said they're working on how to work Grodd being in the show. I just hope he's from Gorilla City and not an gorilla they were experimenting on and became super genius with the ability to talk because of the STAR Labs explosion, though I fear that's the one with the higher chance of happening.

I suspect we'll see Grodd in season 2, maybe an end of season tease for season 1. The producers have said they're working on how to work Grodd being in the show. I just hope he's from Gorilla City and not an gorilla they were experimenting on and became super genius with the ability to talk because of the STAR Labs explosion, though I fear that's the one with the higher chance of happening.

There is sort of an early Smallville feel to the show. Freak of the week except caused by the particle accelerator instead of the "meteor rocks." But it's only been two episodes so far, so we'll see how it goes.

But my biggest question is who are Eddie Thawne and Harrison Wells? Wells seems to be Zoom, but then who is Eddie? I read a theory online that he's Cobalt Blue, Barry's long lost twin brother who was raised by the Thawnes and is the ancestor of Eobard Thawne (Zoom). Anyway.

Loved the reference to Ronnie Raymond. I can't wait to see Firestorm, and Victor Garber as Martin Stein!

I love this, but man is it slow. Something needs to happen and having each episode have the exact same structure is getting old fast.

I really like this show. While I don't disagree that so far it has been pretty slow moving I think things will change up once its sort of out of this world building phase that it is in right now. I think once they have the rest of the rogues introduced they can start making it a little less freak of the week kind of thing. Plus I am really looking forward to seeing what they have planned for Firestorm, Grodd and Reverse Flash.

Really enjoyed last nights episode. The tease with Grodd at the end was great. I am pretty sure that Dr Wells is going to end up being the reverse flash from the future. But it seems like it is kind of obvious so perhaps there will be a twist in there someplace. I really love how this show embraces its comic book roots. Of all the comic shows on TV right now I think this is the one that feels the most like a comic book.

This show has been great from the start. One of the shows I look forward to immensely every week. Definitely new favorite show of the season. Looking forward to next week when he finally will start being called 'Flash'!

And can't wait for the two-night crossover with Arrow on December 2nd/3rd. I've been wanting to see that so badly since it was announced. Especially to see what the title for Arrow's half will have to do with any DC-lore ("The Brave & The Bold").

This show has been great from the start. One of the shows I look forward to immensely every week. Definitely new favorite show of the season. Looking forward to next week when he finally will start being called 'Flash'!

And can't wait for the two-night crossover with Arrow on December 2nd/3rd. I've been wanting to see that so badly since it was announced. Especially to see what the title for Arrow's half will have to do with any DC-lore ("The Brave & The Bold").

Same here.

The great Flash conspiracy

It does sound interesting and the facts provided do make sense.

At first I was thinking, "If that was the case, why would he help experiment on Grodd?" But then I remembered he said to Eiling that he wouldn't do that so long as Grodd was under his care and in STAR Labs. Maybe that was so he would try to prevent from Grodd becoming who he would be later on.

Again, very interesting....

The great Flash conspiracy

It does sound interesting and the facts provided do make sense.

At first I was thinking, "If that was the case, why would he help experiment on Grodd?" But then I remembered he said to Eiling that he wouldn't do that so long as Grodd was under his care and in STAR Labs. Maybe that was so he would try to prevent from Grodd becoming who he would be later on.

Again, very interesting....

I think the most recent episode pretty much disproved that theory. Not to mention that Wells has been killing people.

Wells apparently showed up in town a month after Barry's mom was killed. And when Joe tells him that he won't stop until he gets his man, Reverse Flash/Zoom shows up and threatens Iris. Well's has got to be Thawne. Which is weird, because then who is Eddie?

In the comics, doesn't Thawne get plastic surgery to look like Barry? Maybe Wells is the future version of Eddie, who has gone crazy and somehow changed his appearance to look like Barry. If Barry and Eddie are about 25 in the show (Grant Gustin is 25 in real life, but Rick Cosnett - Eddie - is 31) and Wells is 45 (Tom Cavanaugh is 50), then in 2024 (when the Crisis happens) Flash and Eddie will be 35. If Eddie then goes back to kill Barry's mom (which happened when Barry was 11, so around 2000) and then was stuck in the past he would be about 45 by 2014.

That's my current theory.

I don't think this week's episode necessarily disproves the theory. Not that I believe in it, I just think it's an interesting one and wouldn't mind if it was true.

I also don't believe Wells is Thawne, though there are people who think that is the case. We'll find out, hopefully, next month before the mid-season break. There's also the theory that Wells is one of the time agents or something like Rip Hunter.

I don't think this week's episode necessarily disproves the theory. Not that I believe in it, I just think it's an interesting one and wouldn't mind if it was true.

I also don't believe Wells is Thawne, though there are people who think that is the case. We'll find out, hopefully, next month before the mid-season break. There's also the theory that Wells is one of the time agents or something like Rip Hunter.

huh, that would be interesting. But I don't know, Isn't Rip Hunter a good guy?

And now the promo trailer!

[video=youtube;6cM55Q7HOY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cM55Q7HOY8[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back