For anyone who knows about website creation...

Ultimates

Ok, so i have some questions...
i bought a domain name, and i forwarded it, so when u type in the one i bought, it links to the site, but the address says www.geocities...., which is NOT what i want, any help?? :)

Ok, so i have some questions...
i bought a domain name, and i forwarded it, so when u type in the one i bought, it links to the site, but the address says www.geocities...., which is NOT what i want, any help?? :)

Off the top of my head, I'd say that since you don't have control of the server that the geocities.com domain is on, you'd have to do some trickery with frames on the actual site itself.

In other words, you would remove the forwarding and put an index page on a site under your domain, and on that index page put a frame calling the Geocities page.

Frames suck though. I wouldn't advise it.

Off the top of my head, I'd say that since you don't have control of the server that the geocities.com domain is on, you'd have to do some trickery with frames on the actual site itself.

In other words, you would remove the forwarding and put an index page on a site under your domain, and on that index page put a frame calling the Geocities page.

Frames suck though. I wouldn't advise it.

After a 13 months, Ultimates finally gets his answer.
yay.jpg

Latest posts

Back