Freshmen

TwilightEL

Does anyone else read this? I think Seth Green is/was involved in it. I read the first storyline of it, with the evil scientist who gave them their powers, but then I stopped picking it up (I think I didn't realize it was coming out any more). Are there any TPBs and how many issues have come out since then?

I didn't see anywhere good to ask about it, so I figured I'd just ask here and let this be a general discussion thread for the series, if anyone else is interested in it.

I've actually never heard of this. What's the general synopsis?

These freshmen are hanging out in their dorm when this bizarre "flash" happens and they all gain powers based on what they were doing at the time. I read it a while ago, but as I recall, there was a beaver mascot that got genius intelligence (it was a literal beaver, not a guy in a costume), an Amish guy who can make earthquakes with his belly, a boy who was stripped and humiliated at a party because his penis was small got a ten-foot invulnerable dick, a girl who wanted to be a psychologist could jump into people's heads and control them and read their memories, a hippie vegetarian could hear plants, two people who were having sex get telepathy they can only use while touching each other, and a comic-book nerd who really wants powers who left the building to eat pizza and didn't get any powers.

This scientist meets them and claims his deus ex machina machine (it's not called that, but I forgot the real name) malfunctioned and gave them their powers. Later on, the kids are doing something superhero-y (I forget what) when they get the crap beaten out of them by the upperclassmen jocks who humiliated super-penis-boy at the party. They're immune to their powers and have superstrength. It turns out the scientist is evil and has the power to steroid people up, but they become addicted to it. The nerd without powers is tired of getting picked on and ends up joining the scientist. The scientist has some evil plan or something (I forget what it is) and ends up getting accidentally killed when the nerd betrays him and redeems himself.

It was really funny, the art was good and the characters were really interesting.

Summary was fine...as good as one can be for a comic about a guy with an indestructible penis.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered a few more: there's the guy who, if he gets high or drunk, can make other people drunk by hiccuping. There's the guy who was watching squirrels and got squirrel powers. There's the chick who can make guys fall in love with her. And there's the guy that everything sticks to.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered a few more: there's the guy who, if he gets high or drunk, can make other people drunk by hiccuping. There's the guy who was watching squirrels and got squirrel powers. There's the chick who can make guys fall in love with her. And there's the guy that everything sticks to.

Personally, I would feel ripped off if I didn't get an indestructible penis out of the deal.

Personally, I would feel ripped off if I didn't get an indestructible penis out of the deal.

I wish I had a picture of the shot where they go to confront the mad scientist and his steroid jockeys wearing uniforms. Penis-boy's dick is wrapped around his leg, all the way to the ground. :lol:

The worst part is that he probably can't even have sex with it.

I wish I had a picture of the shot where they go to confront the mad scientist and his steroid jockeys wearing uniforms. Penis-boy's dick is wrapped around his leg, all the way to the ground. :lol:

The worst part is that he probably can't even have sex with it.

I'm sure he could work something out.

I read the first TPB a while back when itr was first being published. Really funny stuff.

I've been meaning to catch up with Season 2.....but I've been so preocuppied with CW and it's tie-ins that my wallet had to cut some stuff. But I'll be catching up with this soon.

Latest posts

Back