Fringe (Spoilers)

Re: Fringe

I have to admit, I thought the suspect was
a clone
. I missed the obvious. ^_^

I thought it was very decent. I don't know that it necessarily needed to be 90 minutes long - a lot of it seemed like fluff to me. And, maybe I'm just getting spoiled by all these HBO shows I've been watching recently, but the characters seemed awfully one dimensional/one note (FBI Lady: I have to save my boyfriend! Crazy Smart Son of the Scientist: Grr, this place is so annoying it makes me want to go back to Iraq *cue ironic glares from all involved*! Crazy Scientist: I'm crazy! etc.).

Still, it was entertaining enough. I'll probably tune in the next couple of episodes, just to see where it's headed, but The X-Files this is not.

I also have to toss in that I read a review the other day stating that it looked like a movie, and I have to agree; if nothing else, the production value is fantastic.

I thought it was very decent. I don't know that it necessarily needed to be 90 minutes long - a lot of it seemed like fluff to me. And, maybe I'm just getting spoiled by all these HBO shows I've been watching recently, but the characters seemed awfully one dimensional/one note (FBI Lady: I have to save my boyfriend! Crazy Smart Son of the Scientist: Grr, this place is so annoying it makes me want to go back to Iraq *cue ironic glares from all involved*! Crazy Scientist: I'm crazy! etc.).

Still, it was entertaining enough. I'll probably tune in the next couple of episodes, just to see where it's headed, but The X-Files this is not.

I also have to toss in that I read a review the other day stating that it looked like a movie, and I have to agree; if nothing else, the production value is fantastic.

I have to disagree on the X-Files comment. X-Files was a fine show, but the writing at times was sophomoric at best. I feel this is a better show in terms of writing, compared to season one of X-Files, EVERYONE was a one dimensional parody. Over time, the characters grew, given time the characters in this will grow as well.

Was there a promo for the next episode?

I also need to find out which scenes were added that weren't in the leaked version. I don't want to download the episode again just for one or two new scenes.

I'm glad people are enjoying it though.

Walter Bishop is such a wonderful character. He always has the best lines.

There is so much to discuss in this show I don't know where to start.

I actually saw this by accident last night and thought it was really good.

He's a cooky scientist.

Not like it's anything new.

Shut up, Houde.

The upcoming episodes sound good:

"The Ghost Network" - Our unlikely trio investigates a horrific bus incident in which the dead bodies of commuters are frozen inside a bus like insects in amber. Led by the unconventional Dr. Bishop, who requests a piano in the lab to help him process data, the team uncovers a man who has visions of Pattern-related disturbances before they happen, and race to decipher the distraught man's thoughts to prevent another atrocious event from occurring.

"The Arrival" - After a deadly explosion rocks a construction site in New York City, Broyles solicits the aid of our unlikely threesome to investigate a strange cylinder mysteriously found at the scene completely unharmed by the surrounding devastation. After Olivia uncovers an unbelievable commonality between disturbing events, Dr. Bishop takes matters into his own hands and Peter is forced into field duty, it almost seems as if the untraceable object is triggering the series of odd behaviors, unexpected events and surprising revelations.

"Power Hungry" deals with the trio's investigation of an elevator crash that was caused by some kind of mysterious power surge. Their investigation leads to a young man, Joseph (guest star Ebon Moss-Bachrach), who appears to give off some kind of odd electrical charge. As is typical in Fringe, the pursuit uncovers a sinister plot involving "fringe science" and the nefarious motives of another scientist (guest star Max Baker). And the race is on to find Joseph and uncover the plot.

Last edited:
He's a cooky scientist.

Not like it's anything new.

Have to agree. I honestly though the actor (whose name I can't remember and am too lazy to look up) overplayed most of his scenes. I think his performance was better in the second episode than the pilot, and hope to see him grow into the role better as the series progresses.

And, well, Joshua Jackson is basically just playing Pacey from Dawson's Creek all over again, its just this time he's smarter (but strangely only shows that intelligence when helping his crazy scientist dad out with weird science projects).

Still, overall, I like the show, and like it enough to make sure I caught the pilot and last night's episode as they air (though I'd downloaded and watched the pilot weeks back after it'd been leaked). I expect good things from this show.

The upcoming episodes sound interesting. :D

I also picked up the spin-off comic that was released a few weeks ago. I wasn't impressed (so far), but it was two short stories and to be fair will pick up future issues to allow the entire story to play out. I'm hoping it actually reveals important clues or ties to the tv show, instead of merely sharing the name and a few characters.

There was so much stuff brought up in the latest episode I don't know where to begin. The Ghost Network. Peter's shady past. Broyles and Nina. Another appearance of the mysterious bald guy who seems to be following them. It's insane and I love it.

There was so much stuff brought up in the latest episode I don't know where to begin. The Ghost Network. Peter's shady past. Broyles and Nina. Another appearance of the mysterious bald guy who seems to be following them. It's insane and I love it.

So, it's worth following then? I watched the premier, and, although I liked it, I couldn't been bothered to watch last week's or this week's episodes. I have them DVR'd, though.

Crap, forgot it was on last night. I'm still reverting back to "TV Season Time", in which I make time to watch new episodes of my favorite shows, as opposed to "Summer Time Is All Reality TV So I Don't Bother To Watch Any Of It"...which pretty much speaks for itself. I'll DL that ep tonight. The first two episodes were great!

So, it's worth following then? I watched the premier, and, although I liked it, I couldn't been bothered to watch last week's or this week's episodes. I have them DVR'd, though.

I find this just as intriguing as the first episodes of Lost.

Just found out it starts Sunday, October 5th 2008 on Sky1 at 9pm, here.

It has Joshua Jackson in it who I like everything i've seen him in, The transformers producer and has been called a cross between both "X-files" and "twilight zone" both I loved. That has be exited already and I've not even seen a trailer :lol:

Yahoo TV!:

One of the most buzzed-about new shows this fall was Fox's "Fringe," but it failed to translate the hype into high ratings as it brought in only a so-so amount of viewers (9.1 million). However, the numbers have slowly increased since the show's premiere and it will most likely be picked up for a full season.

Yahoo TV!:

One of the most buzzed-about new shows this fall was Fox's "Fringe," but it failed to translate the hype into high ratings as it brought in only a so-so amount of viewers (9.1 million). However, the numbers have slowly increased since the show's premiere and it will most likely be picked up for a full season.

This is definitly a show which deserves the viewers. I hope Fox gives it a shot at building an audience before pulling the plug on a great show...don't want another Firefly. At least the numbers are increasing.

Latest posts

Back