From DC to Marvel- jumping ship.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
LitG:

Look for three major DC names to make a move to Marvel rather shortly. Two exclusive artists and one of my favourite comic book writers of all time who transformed one ill-regarded book into an all time classic.

Let the guesses begin... and watch for future "Young X-Men" covers for a clue.

So, any guesses?

I would love to see Goeff Johns write something for Marvel. He could revamp something or even take an existing book and make it better.

I've been asking Geoff on MySpace, and I keep getting "I'm working on Final Crisis with Grant". So, I'm not sure. I'd LOVE for him to take over an X-Book.

As for the artists. I know Simone Bianche has already jumped ship. Maybe Dustin Nguyen. I pestered Eric Canete, and he thinks Josh Middleton may be doing something for Marvel.

As to the Young X-Men cover comment, the cover is being done by Terry Dodson. ( the alt cover is Brandon Peterson)

Last edited:
I pestered Eric Canete, and he thinks Josh Middleton may be doing something for Marvel.

Didn't Josh Middleton do work on the first 5 or so issues of NYX? Great stuff.

Didn't Josh Middleton do work on the first 5 or so issues of NYX? Great stuff.

Yupyup, I'm pestering him via his blog to see if he's one of the two.

Yes, Terry Dodson is one of the two artists.

Yupyup, I'm pestering him via his blog to see if he's one of the two.

Yes, Terry Dodson is one of the two artists.

Dodson has a pretty cool style...not really my thing but it's not bad and it's unique.

The Dodsons are awesome. I loved their work on Spider-Man.

Not sure about who the writer is... all the major guys like Johns and Morrison are still doing lots of stuff at DC... it's probably someone minor.

I would love to see Goeff Johns write something for Marvel. He could revamp something or even take an existing book and make it better.

He did Avengers a few years ago. It was Underwhelming.

Maybe Dustin Nguyen.

That would make me a Sad Panda. But it seems that creators that I really enjoy never get the profile projects they deserve until they move to Marvel.

He did Avengers a few years ago. It was Underwhelming.

That would make me a Sad Panda. But it seems that creators that I really enjoy never get the profile projects they deserve until they move to Marvel.

Oh I totally agree. I mean... Dustin made Bekka the hottest New God this side of Barda.

I love Geoff Johns, but I really can't think of any Marvel project I'd be particularly interested in seeing him write. I don't know. An X-Book could be cool. If it was him writing the main X-Book and Ellis writing Astonishing alongside him, that would be awesome. Or even Geoff Johns writing Mighty Avengers in tandem with Rucka and Bru writing New Avengers.

Wait a second. That's the greatest idea ever. And then Morrison comes onboard and writes The Defenders, starring Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the writer is Willingham. Fables is already penned until the end of the series, and it would be easy for him to write an immediate resolution to wrap up Jack.

I've been championing the idea of Willingham for the Xbooks since 2005, and he's actually one of the few writers that I suspect will be able to write Wolverine in a genuinely interesting way (based on how he writes Bigby, mostly).

But i'm certain he'd do an awesome job on Daredevil or Iron Fist or one of the other "street level" books, as well.

I'm guessing the writer is Willingham. Fables is already penned until the end of the series, and it would be easy for him to write an immediate resolution to wrap up Jack.

I've been championing the idea of Willingham for the Xbooks since 2005, and he's actually one of the few writers that I suspect will be able to write Wolverine in a genuinely interesting way (based on how he writes Bigby, mostly).

But i'm certain he'd do an awesome job on Daredevil or Iron Fist or one of the other "street level" books, as well.

Willingham on Black Panther.

Done.

Willingham on Black Panther.

Done.
HOT DAMN! Or even Willingham on Namor. Seriously.

Fundamentally, the themes are similar enough to Fables:

* attempt to impose order on a reclusive, insular community that views itself as superior to the outside world...

* and yet struggles to maintain its old traditions and cultural heritage...

* in the face of the various clashing personalities of its inhabitants...

* and the looming threat of imminent invasion from both arrogant humans and otherworldly adversaries.

And yes, I do know those themes crop up in the Xbooks, as well. But Namor is the only member of the Illuminati without any real kind of credibility as an individual character, and I suspect he'd do well to undergo a Willingham makeover.

HOT DAMN! Or even Willingham on Namor. Seriously.

Fundamentally, the themes are similar enough to Fables:

* attempt to impose order on a reclusive, insular community that views itself as superior to the outside world...

* and yet struggles to maintain its old traditions and cultural heritage...

* in the face of the various clashing personalities of its inhabitants...

* and the looming threat of imminent invasion from both arrogant humans and otherworldly adversaries.

And yes, I do know those themes crop up in the Xbooks, as well. But Namor is the only member of the Illuminati without any real kind of credibility as an individual character, and I suspect he'd do well to undergo a Willingham makeover.

Exactly. Willingham would be perfect for Namor's voice, plus he's got that far-out creativity that will make the various parts of Namor's world interesting (same with Panther, I think). and this sort of conflict is so incredibly topical.

And now that I think about it... another book I'd like to see Johns write.

Exiles

Last edited:
Fables is already penned until the end of the series,

Say what now?!

Is this true? I've seen no mention of Fables ending, though it would explain the sudden quickness of pace,
such as the Fables going to war wit the Empire.

I'll be quite sad if this is true, as I don't really like Jack of Fables...

Back to artists... the Kuberts coming back to Marvel? They don't seem to have fit in well with DC, and there isn't any upcoming work for them.

LitG said:
"one of my favourite comic book writers of all time who transformed one ill-regarded book into an all time classic."
:oops:

Before we get carried away speculating about the possibilities of Willingham at Marvel, I think it's probably worth admitting that he doesn't exactly fit the description mentioned in the clue.

It really does sound more like Geoff Johns, whom I have no strong feelings about, either way.

Still, a guy can dream, right?

ProjectX2 said:
Say what now?!

Is this true? I've seen no mention of Fables ending
AFAIK, from the very beginning of the series, Willingham has mentioned that it was plotted as a 75 issue epic. The reason there are so many specials (Last Castle, ...Snowfall, etc.) which are integral to the overall storyline is because he's dead set on it capping off at number 75.

:oops:

Before we get carried away speculating about the possibilities of Willingham at Marvel, I think it's probably worth admitting that he doesn't exactly fit the description mentioned in the clue.

It really does sound more like Geoff Johns, whom I have no strong feelings about, either way.

Still, a guy can dream, right?

AFAIK, from the very beginning of the series, Willingham has mentioned that it was plotted as a 75 issue epic. The reason there are so many specials (Last Castle, ...Snowfall, etc.) which are integral to the overall storyline is because he's dead set on it capping off at number 75.

I thought he didn't have a specific deadline, and it was supposed to be 100+.

Peter Milligan in the kitchen with the revolver.

Latest posts

Back