From DC to Marvel- jumping ship.

Peter Milligan in the kitchen with the revolver.

So what's the "ill-regarded book" that he turned into an "all time classic"? I suppose you could argue that it fits X-Force, but that was for Marvel, to begin with.

The wording of the clue suggests that it's somebody who hasn't done work for Marvel in a long time (if at all).

Last edited:
So what's the "ill-regarded book" that he turned into an "all time classic"? I suppose you could argue that it fits X-Force, but that was for Marvel, to begin with.

Shade, the Changing Man, perhaps?

I'm guessing the writer is Willingham. Fables is already penned until the end of the series, and it would be easy for him to write an immediate resolution to wrap up Jack.

I thought he didn't have a specific deadline, and it was supposed to be 100+.

I've always heard he's going to keep writing it as long as people will buy it. I've never heard anything about a specific end point. I think I'd actually be a little pissed if he ended it anytime soon...

From the stuff said at the Spider-Man panel, it appears Joe Kelly is the writer and Mike McKone is one of the artists. I guess Terry Dodson is the other.

EDIT: Or Tim Sale, I guess.

Last edited:
McKone was only doing DC work for a few months, I don't think he counts. Sale never did anything in the DCU, he could do his spcial projects at Marvel with his buddy Loeb. Joe Kelly sucks.

McKone was only doing DC work for a few months, I don't think he counts. Sale never did anything in the DCU, he could do his spcial projects at Marvel with his buddy Loeb. Joe Kelly sucks.

As far as I know, McKone has been at DC ever since he was doing Teen Titans.

It's definitely Terry Dodson and not Tim Sale. Dodson has been doing Young X-Men covers and is one of the new artists on Uncanny, so he fits the clue.

I guess the comic Joe Kelly made into a classic is Deadpool?

I would love to see Willingham write Black Panther on the sole condition he absolutely retcons everything that Reginald Hudlin has done.

Seriously, almost 90% of everything Hudlin has done on the book rings as false African-American pride with absolutely no substance to it.

As far as I know, McKone has been at DC ever since he was doing Teen Titans.

It's definitely Terry Dodson and not Tim Sale. Dodson has been doing Young X-Men covers and is one of the new artists on Uncanny, so he fits the clue.

I guess the comic Joe Kelly made into a classic is Deadpool?

McKone left Titans to do JMS' Fantastic Four, so he was with Marvel for at least a year before his recent DC work.

So Superman Confidential with Darwyn Cook, or more classic projects like The Long Halloween or Superman for All Seasons don't count? I think the pair has done a better job at DC than Marvel. The Color minis just seem like well done retreads to me.

So Superman Confidential with Darwyn Cook, or more classic projects like The Long Halloween or Superman for All Seasons don't count? I think the pair has done a better job at DC than Marvel. The Color minis just seem like well done retreads to me.

Those all take place in the past, though. He's never had any impact on the DCU going forward, just special projects.

Latest posts

Back