Funny things you've heard yelled out at the movies.

During the trailer for Devil at Scott Pilgrim, when the "From M. Night Shyamalan" came on-screen, almost the entire audience gave a loud grumble of disappointment, and then all laughed and clapped for each other.

Gothamite also made a comment that was so funny I intend to make an entire fake trailer out of it.

It sounds like everyone who saw the Devil trailer had the same reaction.

That is epic.

A bunch of friends and I saw Cast Away way back when and it was a pretty full theater. When Wilson was lost at sea, my friend who was right next to started screaming "No Wilson! WILSON!!!" repeatedly and was fake crying. We were all laughing hysterically for the next 5 min

During my year of graduate study at Syracuse University, I attended the annual All Night Star Trek Film Festival. They showed back-to-back episodes from the original series for nine hours. One was "City on the Edge of Forever", and during the scene where Kirk and Edith Keeler are getting friendly and he's about to ask her out, someone in the audience shouted, "You're on your own, Spock!" The entire room burst out laughing.

Went and saw Scott Pilgrim again with some friends, and at the Devil trailer, there was an older gentleman a few rows behind us who went, "Oh for the love of god, what now?", in response to the "From M. Night Shamylan".

We all laughed.

I got bored during Transformers: ROTF and yelled "I AM ROBOT JESUS" during the "bring Optimus back to life" sequence.

Went and saw Scott Pilgrim again with some friends, and at the Devil trailer, there was an older gentleman a few rows behind us who went, "Oh for the love of god, what now?", in response to the "From M. Night Shamylan".

We all laughed.

To be completely fair, M. Night is just producing.

I have no idea if that's good or bad, honestly.

I just watched the re-release of Back to the Future on the big screen which was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable cinematic experiences of my life...

...and somebody totally yelled out "YEEAAHH!!" when George punched out Biff...

...the audience erupted with laughter...

...and that somebody may have been me...

Latest posts

Back