Future Of The Ultimate Universe

-beardoms-

Well, we have heard contradictory things about Ultimatum. Some have said that it's the end of the first chapter of the Ultimate Universe, others have said that it's the end of the ultimate universe. I don't want the ultimate universe to end, well part of me does.
The part do me that does want the ultimate universe to end is because it would make the ultimate universe feel like a book and there is a beginning and an end, unlike the normal marvel universe where it probably won't end, and I would like the ultimate universe to end so there is a definite story in there. Can you see what I mean?
We know that Ultimate Spider-Man will keep going on after ultimatum but we are not sure about other titles. So if they want to continue the ultimate universe to continue, here is what they should do.
So many deaths will happen in ultimatum. After ultimatum they should restart the numbering of all the series and make the new ones take place like ten years after ultimatum. They can then on start a whole new series with same and different characters like the FF from the future and give them a whole bunch of new stories to do, I mean there are plenty of villains and characters we have not seen.

Thoughts!

I wouldn't have a problem with Ultimatum turning out to be a Marvel Universe version of Infinite/Final Crisis. Having this giant event that technically restarts everything....but kinda continues things in a in order to keep some continuity.

I wouldn't have a problem with Ultimatum turning out to be a Marvel Universe version of Infinite/Final Crisis. Having this giant event that technically restarts everything....but kinda continues things in a in order to keep some continuity.

When you put it like that I agree, cause they've really been screwing up lately, but I'm oppose to resets

Ye dont reset anything just make it so it starts many years after, so there are chnages but whats in the past is in the past. Plus it means we can start a timeline again.

Welcome, beardoms!

To me, the ultimate universe has sadly, already ended. I think the fun of the imprint has been completely lost due to its unique angle being coopted by the regular MU.

Each Ultimate arc was like an event. It was like the 'greatest hits' or something. But it's become more and more delapidated and the energy it had has gone into confusing mega crossovers in the regular MU.

To me, the final nail was the loss of Ultimate Thor. Perhaps the most original and impressive re-imagining of a character for the ultimate universe and he was quickly returned to his more well-known incarnation. When you really think about it - Ultimate Thor departs more from his original version than any other big name in the stable. Cap, Spidey, the F4, the X-Men, they all remained very, very similar. But Thor was a really creative approach, and he's been neutered completely.

So, for me, the UU ended quite a while ago. :(

Latest posts

Back