Gail Richards

DIrishB said:
Choose sides? Start a fight? Why? We know what we like and can respect each other's respective opinions. It doesn't bother me what people drink or whatever. Yeah, he didn't even get pissed at me when I slept with his sister. He's a mellow dude, least in that respect. ;)

Just as long as I know that, we cool! (and yes I perposefully left the 'are' out of that sentance)

DIrishB said:
Yeah, he didn't even get pissed at me when I slept with his sister. He's a mellow dude, least in that respect. ;)
Thats because he's only got a brother, if memory serves.

But enough about family.
DIrishB said:
Ultimate Iron Man, directly or indirectly, has turned E into a cynical old man...sort of like war, just without the impending physical danger.
I really can't blame him.

I'm really not a fan of the trend in comics towards "Hey, you a...person! Lets be related!" Pulling out long lost sisters/aunts/mothers/brothers/cousins, whatever, is gimmicky. There are very few places I've seen it done even tolerably.

Caduceus said:
Thats because he's only got a brother, if memory serves.

That could explain her deep voice and facial stubble.

But enough about family.

Yeah, especially after learning that.

*goes and re-enacts the scene from Ace Ventura Pet Detective which in itself was a parody of the Crying Game*

I really can't blame him.

I'm really not a fan of the trend in comics towards "Hey, you a...person! Lets be related!" Pulling out long lost sisters/aunts/mothers/brothers/cousins, whatever, is gimmicky. There are very few places I've seen it done even tolerably.

Totally agree. Its contrived and weak usually no matter how well written.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I have three younger sisters. But they're not your average high school girls and their standards are too high for you.

I'm used to it. But I'm devilishly handsome, funny, and charming. And chick's moms always love me. So be careful.

I'm only kidding, I wouldn't do that to you MWoF...especially because you're probably absolutely right about their standards in relation to me.

Glad you don't have a brother though.

DIrishB said:
I'm used to it. But I'm devilishly handsome, funny, and charming. And chick's moms always love me. So be careful.

I'm only kidding, I wouldn't do that to you MWoF...especially because you're probably absolutely right about their standards in relation to me.

Glad you don't have a brother though.

Well on all related notes I wouldn't be disappointed if they brought you home DIrishB.

Oh and I do have a brother and he said that you were the worst hookup he's ever had.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well on all related notes I wouldn't be disappointed if they brought you home DIrishB.

Oh and I do have a brother and he said that you were the worst hookup he's ever had.

How old is your oldest sister? Wait! No....... Stay on topic, no Gail Richards and Reed should not be related, and someone should close this arc.

To quote Mr. Millar from the interview in the Volume 1 hardcover extras:

MM: We saw a lot of online speculation about Gail Richards, everyone trying to guess who she was and some people thinking she might be the mother of FF's Reed Richards. The truth is that the Internet is a strange and wonderful thing that let me track down the actress that played Cap's sweetheart in the 1940s movie serial. Cap's Lois Lane was a newsgirl called Gail Richards and the actress who played the part is in her seventies now, a sweet, old lady by the name of Lorna Gray. I found a picture of her as she looks today and sent it to Hitchy for the present-day scenes where she meets Cap for the first time in half a century. You see the love we put into this stuff?

TheManWithoutFear said:

Thanks.

Thats because I was drunk and I wasn't really trying...yeah, thats it.

Slipstream said:
To quote Mr. Millar from the interview in the Volume 1 hardcover extras:

MM: We saw a lot of online speculation about Gail Richards, everyone trying to guess who she was and some people thinking she might be the mother of FF's Reed Richards. The truth is that the Internet is a strange and wonderful thing that let me track down the actress that played Cap's sweetheart in the 1940s movie serial. Cap's Lois Lane was a newsgirl called Gail Richards and the actress who played the part is in her seventies now, a sweet, old lady by the name of Lorna Gray. I found a picture of her as she looks today and sent it to Hitchy for the present-day scenes where she meets Cap for the first time in half a century. You see the love we put into this stuff?

You know, thats actually pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back