Game of Thrones

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Has anyone seen this? I DLed all 10 eps last week, but didn't get around to watching them until the other day. I finished the first season, and IT IS AWESOME!!!

Right off the bat, both in terms of scale, sets, costumes, etc, GoT is very reminiscent of Rome (HBO's other expensive show), right down to the political intrigue and violence.

The show is wonderfully acted, Sean Bean is great, and Peter Dinklage's Tyrion Lannister is the coolest character on television.

I haven't read the books the show is based on, but it seems the show follows the plot-lines of the novels very closely, with each season translating one novel. I really can't wait to see where this goes from here.

A couple of us have mentioned it in the HBO thread. It's great - the best TV show this year so far. It reminds me a lot of The Wire with its huge cast of characters, intricate plotting and the complex world we are just thrown into.

I'm really tempted to read the books now too.

The end of the season finale was one of the most 'oh ****' moments I've had watching a TV show.

I hated the books, so I'll pass.

You hate everything.

But I have to point out, I started reading the first novel in this series, A Game of Thrones, about 5-6 years ago. I only got about 40 pages into it before I started reading something else and kind of forgot about it. However, after seeing the show, I'm very tempted to re-read it. The storyline is nicely complex (but not overbearingly so), the characters believable and realistically motivated, etc. At least in the TV show, anyway, but given how close the show is to the books, I don't see there being many noticeable differences.

Just saying, the show is pretty damn good, its definitely worth a try.

A couple of us have mentioned it in the HBO thread. It's great - the best TV show this year so far. It reminds me a lot of The Wire with its huge cast of characters, intricate plotting and the complex world we are just thrown into.

I'm really tempted to read the books now too.

As am I, though I think I'll wait until Martin gets the final two written before I jump in. I hate having to wait years between novels in a series...its too easy to forget relevant plot details and secondary characters, especially in as complex a series as this one. I just hope Martin gets the final two books in the series done pretty soon, since with the TV show translating a novel per season, there's a time-clock now on him finishing up so the show isn't delayed.

The end of the season finale was one of the most 'oh ****' moments I've had watching a TV show.

Yeah, she had a nice rack...oh, wait, are you talking about the dragons? ;)

Looks like Amazon Germany effed up and shipped about 200 copies of "A Dance with Dragons". Needless to say, Martin is a bit pissed.

I need to catch up on this. I watched half of the series in college, but fall out of it when I moved back home since I don't get HBO here.

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I loved the first season and I was impressed with how closely they followed the first book. So I'm a little disappointed to hear the rumors that they'll be taking more liberties with the storyline in season 2.

Also, the reaction to
Ned's death
among the uninitiated was awesome to sit back and watch.
You hate everything.
He's not wrong.

I tried watching this but my cat kept stepping on the keyboard.

He only stopped when I started watching 24 instead.

To be fair, my cat knows a bad season when he sees it.

He seems to be only half-interested in the sixth season of 24, and turns his head away whenever useless guest stars with irrelevant subplots show up and rolls his eyes when plot-convenient information gets magicked into the offices of CTU. It's like he's watching 24 out of habit rather than approval.

As for not liking Game of Thrones, degustibus non disputandem.

Poor cat...... Just another slave to the expectations of TV execs!

Admittedly, I hadn't seen any of GoT until a couple hours ago.

It's certainly not The Wire, but it seems to have a strong pro-dog stance, which I enthusiastically support!

anyone else been watching this, this season? not as good as last season for me, but still really well done.....

freak out moment this season..... the birthing scene that creeped me the **** OUT.

So, having not read the books, who is hoping Arya's 3rd choice is finally to just say "Go stab that little **** Geoffry. Actually, on second thoughts, just get me there. I wanna do it."

So, having not read the books, who is hoping Arya's 3rd choice is finally to just say "Go stab that little **** Geoffry. Actually, on second thoughts, just get me there. I wanna do it."

:lol::lol::lol: she is my favorite person on the show. when she does kill him I want her to say "There is only one god and his name is Death, and today is your day."

and I don't want to read the books, otherwise it'll just ruin the show for me. (same reason I have yet to read the Sword of Truth series [Legend of the Seeker])

Blackwater was well worth the budget for this season almost doubling. One of the most brutal and excellent battles I've seen. This season finale should be huge.

Latest posts

Back